ExtremeRavens: The Sanctuary

Ray Rice: I should have thought twice about playing through injury

papasmurfbell

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2014/02/04/ray-rice-i-should-have-thought-twice-about-playing-through-injury/

The struggles of the Ravens running game were well documented this season.

Both Ray Rice and Bernard Pierce, who recently had rotator cuff surgery, battled injuries while running behind a largely ineffective offensive line, leading to poor results for both men and a dismal showing for the Ravens offense overall. Rice doesn’t need to have surgery to repair his hip, but he said the injury was serious enough to limit him on the field and that he learned a lesson about when it is time to stop trying to push through an injury.

“I played through an injury and I probably should have thought twice about it, but I’m glad I was able to push through the season and not have any surgical procedures,” Rice said, via FOXSports.com. “One thing I know my body needed was rest, and we had a tough turnaround, and we didn’t do what we wanted to this year, but I’m positive that things are looking better for next year already. … I was good enough to go, but I was limited with the things that I could do. That’s never been me. That’s something as a pro you have to weigh the good and the bad. For me it didn’t work out in my favor this year, but I’ll be smarter.”

The Ravens have hired Gary Kubiak as their offensive coordinator and shaken up their offensive coaching staff in other ways since the end of the regular season. That’s one way they’ll attempt to generate better results next season, but it won’t do much good without better blocking and healthier backs to put things into motion. If they get them, Kubiak’s scheme should offer Rice a good chance at a bounceback season in 2014.

He's done I said it before the season. A running back can only carry an offense for so long before he breaks down. Flaccid may get most of the credit but really it was rice. Maybe if flaccid didnt just look for the dump off to rice so many times he would have a few years left in him.

Dude is hardly 'Flaccid' with two kids already...just saying...

I blame this partially on the coaching staff.... no depth at RB this year. We kept two fullbacks last season that were seldom used in a league were some teams don't even carry a FB.

No depth? We had pierce who imo is better then Rice, and we gave Rainey away

Give him a whole season...then start chastising the Front Office.

Absolutely. Rainey had 2 great games last year. Other than those 2 games, his season was comprised of being cut loose by the freakin' Browns (who had no RBs) and averaging right around 3 ypc. In his last 3 games of the season, he had 42 carries for 99 yards. That actually makes Rice look good.

• Upvote 1

His play sure is

Get off it. Flacco's Super Bowl run made anything that Rthsslxxbrrrgrrr did in the playoffs look dickless.

And your just fucking jealous because the Stealers have had a limp dick running game since Bettis left.

Ray-Rice-Preakness-600x313.jpg

Edited by vmax
  • Upvote 2

Get off it. Flacco's Super Bowl run made anything that Rthsslxxbrrrgrrr did in the playoffs look dickless.

And your just fucking jealous because the Stealers have had a limp dick running game since Bettis left.

Ray-Rice-Preakness-600x313.jpg

flaccid got hot for four games and I would love to see him complete that pass to Holmes. Also we had a guy by the name of FWP who was very good until he broke his leg. Why in the world would I ever be jealous of anything Ravens? Also mendy did have a couple decent season and rushed for 16 tds in a season. While the Ravens were dependent on rice the steelers relied on Ben.

flaccid got hot for four games and I would love to see him complete that pass to Holmes. Also we had a guy by the name of FWP who was very good until he broke his leg. Why in the world would I ever be jealous of anything Ravens? Also mendy did have a couple decent season and rushed for 16 tds in a season. While the Ravens were dependent on rice the steelers relied on Ben.

WTF? Put this crap in your own forum will you? And stop hijacking threads!