ExtremeRavens: The Sanctuary

Preseason

ravinmaniac52

There is no way they jump it by 12 players. It is 2 games and im my plan it would be 1 more game for a player.

It could be done. Rosters back in the 70's were 45 players and the league gathers absolutely huge revenues and profits now.

Honestly, I don't want to have a 17 or 18 game schedule. It would kill the players who are already too banged up by the 14th week let alone a 17th or 18th week. All I'm saying is that IF an 18 game schedule is what they go to, they're going to need more players to give others a break.

It could be done. Rosters back in the 70's were 45 players and the league gathers absolutely huge revenues and profits now.

The owners are not looking to eat up all the new revenue they would make. Your plan would make that pretty close.

The more players the less cap space. And I can't see them expanding the season when they are talking expanding the playoffs.

The cap would expand a great deal with 18 games. That is 2 more games to sell to networks. The only reason they are pushing 2 more playoff teams is to get more money. I also am not surre that will be a go.

The preseason is needed. How many lower round draft picks or udfa have madeteams due to the final two games in the preseason. I can think of a bunch of steelers and iI'm sure the Ravens have had a bunch as well.

There would be 2 preseason games. I would also expect to see at least a couple of scrimmages each team. That gets you the tape you need to make cuts intelegently.

they will make more money off playoff games

It is negligible. Expanded playoffs gets you 2 games of attendance and 2 games to sell to tv. 2 more weeks gives you 64 games to sell to tv. Also it lets you get games into sweeps so ad buys can increase so the league makes more money for the other games too.

It is negligible. Expanded playoffs gets you 2 games of attendance and 2 games to sell to tv. 2 more weeks gives you 64 games to sell to tv. Also it lets you get games into sweeps so ad buys can increase so the league makes more money for the other games too.

That money goes up come playoff time.

I still think they do need 4 per season games but they just don't have to charge me full price for the ticket.

They are going to charge full price for preseason games. Hell there were 8 way back in the day. If you run 2 scrimmages instead of teh 2 lost games you are better off. It allows coaches to look at things they really want to look at. Sometimes game situations don't lend themselves to a situation you want to look at.