ExtremeRavens: The Sanctuary

I'm ok with it. Means they didn't value the FS that were available. The one they want is still out there. All the Tackles they valued at 17 were gone. So without a trade down partner, the best on the board was Mosely. I'm good with it

• Upvote 1

Good pick up the only thing that would worry me is his durability and Satan makes players look a lot better then they are.

Durability and and intelligence. He was caught out of position many times last season, and through out his career there. Time will tell, what they do going forward with this draft will determine if this was a good pick. Frankly, I am neither fond of this pick nor truly disappointed.

Durability and and intelligence. He was caught out of position many times last season, and through out his career there. Time will tell, what they do going forward with this draft will determine if this was a good pick. Frankly, I am neither fond of this pick nor truly disappointed.

I just heard an interview with Phil Savage and he said the opposite about Mosley's FBI. Savage is the color commentator for the Tide and Director of the Senior Bowl. Sirius XM NFL Radio has Savage on all the time to break down prospects and the guy is no BS. He watches tape 365 to decide who to invite to the Senior Bowl.

I haven't seen Mosley play much myself so I cannot speak on him. However, Savage's opinion is one I trust. Who knows, could he biased because he's an Alabama alum and current color commentator? Possibly. But I haven't found that to be the case with him breaking down Alabama prospects in the past since becoming Director of the Senior Bowl.

With that said and to add to your point, what does concerns me is why did the Steelers pass on Mosley and pick another ILB? They might have saw the same things you saw Tim. Another thing that concerns me is his short shuttle time of 4.4. That is a slow time and probably a step or two slower than he should be. I know Mosley is more of a banger than a finesse guy, but if he's not quick laterally he might have trouble navigating between the tackles.

Oh I trust Phil too, but people are wrong sometimes..... I've watched a ton of Bama and college football. I've seen him get lost in the wash, out of position, get blown back by runningbacks. I know, this happens to all players and honestly, I do think he will be a good player. However, I think there was better value at 17, and he will not be the end all to be all some are thinking. Maybe he is the end of the Bama "curse" so to speak. Every Bama player Oz drafts has been a bust, hopefully he does a good job in the 2nd, hisorically his worst round, this time around.

Oh I trust Phil too, but people are wrong sometimes..... I've watched a ton of Bama and college football. I've seen him get lost in the wash, out of position, get blown back by runningbacks. I know, this happens to all players and honestly, I do think he will be a good player. However, I think there was better value at 17, and he will not be the end all to be all some are thinking. Maybe he is the end of the Bama "curse" so to speak. Every Bama player Oz drafts has been a bust, hopefully he does a good job in the 2nd, hisorically his worst round, this time around.

If Phil wasn't wrong sometimes he's still be working for the Browns :D

Hey you have to give Ozzie credit for Jared Johnson! Upshaw isn't a star but I wouldn't call him a bust. Either way, yes Alabama players in general have been underwhelming when they reach the NFL outside of maybe Julio Jones.

JJ was far from a bust.

If Phil wasn't wrong sometimes he's still be working for the Browns :D

Hey you have to give Ozzie credit for Jared Johnson! Upshaw isn't a star but I wouldn't call him a bust. Either way, yes Alabama players in general have been underwhelming when they reach the NFL outside of maybe Julio Jones.

I put that on ownership. Phil make this move. What is he supposed to do even if he knows it is a foolish call?