ExtremeRavens: The Sanctuary

We need a fabulous 3rd round

vmax

Yeah, a little. I just don't understand the 2cnd pick because he is a 3 year project, but... this one works.

Im not getting the first pick, Pryor went right after our pick..But hey its the Ravens, Im already warming up to JC

From ESPN on Terrence Brooks' character profile.:

http://m.espn.go.com/nfl/scoutprofile?playerId=33097&year=2014

Hard worker. Puts in time in weight room. Had to earn every inch at FSU and has developed a chip, which motivates him. Accountable and biggest critic. However, there are concerns in terms of dwelling on mistakes. Was a top special teams player for most of early career at FSU. Was raised by his grandmother. Tough upbringing and will have some initial trust issues, but is coachable and capable of developing trusting relationship with coaches that earn it. No off the field incidents.

Seems like a real good kid.

Baltimore Ravens: C.J. Mosley (17th), Timmy Jernigan (48th), Terrence Brooks (79th), Crockett Gillmore(99th)

The skinny: Ozzie Newsome must be astonished at his luck this year. The Ravens add two top 20-rated players for the middle of their defense, and the rest of the teams in the division shake their heads. Brooks is a solid 3rd round selection. If you didn't watch a ton of Mountain West football, you missed out on a very solid tight end in Gillmore.

Baltimore Ravens: C.J. Mosley (17th), Timmy Jernigan (48th), Terrence Brooks (79th), Crockett Gillmore(99th)

The skinny: Ozzie Newsome must be astonished at his luck this year. The Ravens add two top 20-rated players for the middle of their defense, and the rest of the teams in the division shake their heads. Brooks is a solid 3rd round selection. If you didn't watch a ton of Mountain West football, you missed out on a very solid tight end in Gillmore.

Who wrote that max? I saw a ton of mountain west, and what they claim about Gilmore is not exactly true. Yes, big hands, but doesn't jump well- not exactly athletic, struggles with contested balls, doesn't adjust well to the ball in the air, has a long list of injury issues including a knee. He was a decent blocker, at least showed to be, but then it was the mountain west, not exactly top talent he had to block. In other words, he did well, but did not dominate as one would expect. Oh and my favorite, when in press coverage, he struggles to get into or even stay on his route.... Yippie, just what the team needed...

Who wrote that max? I saw a ton of mountain west, and what they claim about Gilmore is not exactly true. Yes, big hands, but doesn't jump well- not exactly athletic, struggles with contested balls, doesn't adjust well to the ball in the air, has a long list of injury issues including a knee. He was a decent blocker, at least showed to be, but then it was the mountain west, not exactly top talent he had to block. In other words, he did well, but did not dominate as one would expect. Oh and my favorite, when in press coverage, he struggles to get into or even stay on his route.... Yippie, just what the team needed...

I give him the benefit of the doubt on his lumbering traits; he's only been a tight end for three years, and he's put on something like 55 lbs. since coming to Colorado St. He has the soft, reliable hands that they're trying to provide for Joe.

I give him the benefit of the doubt on his lumbering traits; he's only been a tight end for three years, and he's put on something like 55 lbs. since coming to Colorado St. He has the soft, reliable hands that they're trying to provide for Joe.

True, but if he was the "highest rated player" on their board, there is an issue I see. He does have large hands and catches well, when wide open. But struggles to adjust to the ball in traffic and drops a lot of passes if they are contested. So, we traded one tight end who drops a lot, for another, but hey, he is an inch or two taller.... :bleh:

True, but if he was the "highest rated player" on their board, there is an issue I see. He does have large hands and catches well, when wide open. But struggles to adjust to the ball in traffic and drops a lot of passes if they are contested. So, we traded one tight end who drops a lot, for another, but hey, he is an inch or two taller.... :bleh:

Brian Pariani is one of the best tight-end coaches in the league. You have to trust he had a lot of input on this pick.

Brian Pariani is one of the best tight-end coaches in the league. You have to trust he had a lot of input on this pick.

Amaro was there when they took Jernigan, I would love to know how closely they rated the players. Amaro is heads & tails better, right now, than Gilmore. You can only coach so much, you can't coach speed, you can't coach athleticism, and usually, if aplayer struggles with making catched in traffic, contested catches, they will always; usually.

Amaro is a pass catcher and nothing more, a slot guy.

Gillmore is a blocker who can catch the ball. No he isn't running down the seem, IF he is on the team and gets playing time, he will find a spot and set in it.

Maybe a blocker, again, he did not dominate lesser opponents so we shall see how he does now. They already have a blocking tight end, tall, good hands on the team, he was on the ps last year. Amaro is an athletic tight end, true, not a true blocker, but then, neither is Pitta, nor any of the receivers. He can get down the seem, gets off press coverage well too boot....

As to who wrote it, I'd guess someone from the front office of the Steelers who are laughing their asses off.