ExtremeRavens: The Sanctuary

Stay Puff going to pup list

papasmurfbell

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2014/07/18/ravens-put-terrence-cody-on-pup-list/

Ravens put Terrence Cody on PUP list

Defensive tackle Terrence Cody re-signed with the Ravens in April and then spent the rest of the offseason recovering from hip surgery.

His recovery has not progressed quickly enough for the team to be sure that he’ll be ready to go on the first day of training camp, so they announced on Friday that Cody has been placed on the Physically Unable to Perform list. Cody can be activated at any point during camp, but can’t practice with the team until they formally make that move.

Cody started 14 games during the 2011 season, but has seen his playing time dip over the last two seasons as the Ravens have looked elsewhere for help stuffing the run. Cody said this spring that he wants to show he can be more than just a run stopper this season.

“With the hip injury, I haven’t been able to grow as much lately,” Cody said, via the team’s website. “Now that I’m about to be healthy, I can be able to do things more on the field, instead of just being there as a first- and second-down guy.”

Given the health concerns, he’s probably not guaranteed anything but a chance to vie for a roster spot this summer on a defensive line that added two new members in this year’s draft.

Maybe this will prod ozzie to pull the cord on this bastard. It was a poor pick when it was made and they shouldn't have reupped him.

Cody, finally, will be gone. I applaud his will this off season to want to improve, but his body doesn't seem to follow his words. Saban must not work his players, most every one of them turns out to have work out, play hard issues..... A few exceptions of course...

I've got to pull for him to come back strong. The Ravens could use the depth.

Remember Jellyroll?

Everybody can help make a difference. Nagata should only play 50% of the snaps to stay healthy and strong for a full season.

Edited by vmax