ExtremeRavens: The Sanctuary

Ray Rice Supspended 2 Games

colincac

Let me ask the question...... if two men get into a fight, one smaller than the other, is the bigger man charged with a crime if he was simply fending off the smaller man's attack?

In this case, the bigger person, according to her and him, started the fight, so why was Ray charged? Is there never a time when a woman can be hit/punched? Ever?

I ask simply to ask. See, I would never, I was brought up to not only respect women, but see them as gifts from God to be treated, yes, differently.

However, today's society says women are to be treated the same in, and here is the key word, "all" reguards. So if a six foot tall, 200 pound women starts hitting a 5-2 150 pound man, say, is it ok for that much smaller man to hit back?

See, currently, in the aforementioned case, were both parties men, the one who started it would be charged, if anyone would be, not the small man.

In Ray's case, while he is muscled up more, she is taller, thick even, thick as in she works out, so does that make a difference?

Oh and Dee, go ahead and suspend me, it seems it would be fitting, Stephen A Smith just got suspended for a week from ESPN for asking a similar question..... :nono: Not that I am a fan of his, don't like his act, but suspending him for a week, one less than Rice, just for asking, or stating in his case, that sometimes it MIGHT be ok to strike a women.... Go Women's Lib! no please, GO! :mask:

Steven A is always a straight shooter, and one of my favorite personalities on ESPN.

SPEAKING FROM PERSONAL EXPERIENCE.... I've had things thrown at me my by women during arguments. I didn't throw anything back.. But if I did and it connected and gave her a bruise I'd be arrested. Also my fiance' once blocked a doorway during an argument (basically blocking me in a room). I had to push her so I could leave. If she slipped and hit her head I'd be arrested even though she was trying to keep me restrained to the room.

Steven A is always a straight shooter, and one of my favorite personalities on ESPN.

SPEAKING FROM PERSONAL EXPERIENCE.... I've had things thrown at me my by women during arguments. I didn't throw anything back.. But if I did and it connected and gave her a bruise I'd be arrested. Also my fiance' once blocked a doorway during an argument (basically blocking me in a room). I had to push her so I could leave. If she slipped and hit her head I'd be arrested even though she was trying to keep me restrained to the room.

One of my older brothers, 6'-4" 280 pounds was arested and fined several times, even spent some time in jail because his now ex-wife, 5'-0, 100 lbs, would throw things at him then attack him. He would, I witnessed a few times, just try and hold her back, move her away so he could get out. This would leave bruises on her arms and hands (from hitting his arms as he tried to blocker her punches). She would always call the police, they had no choice but to arrest him each time for spousal battery....

Let me ask the question...... if two men get into a fight, one smaller than the other, is the bigger man charged with a crime if he was simply fending off the smaller man's attack?

In this case, the bigger person, according to her and him, started the fight, so why was Ray charged? Is there never a time when a woman can be hit/punched? Ever?

I ask simply to ask. See, I would never, I was brought up to not only respect women, but see them as gifts from God to be treated, yes, differently.

However, today's society says women are to be treated the same in, and here is the key word, "all" reguards. So if a six foot tall, 200 pound women starts hitting a 5-2 150 pound man, say, is it ok for that much smaller man to hit back?

See, currently, in the aforementioned case, were both parties men, the one who started it would be charged, if anyone would be, not the small man.

In Ray's case, while he is muscled up more, she is taller, thick even, thick as in she works out, so does that make a difference?

Oh and Dee, go ahead and suspend me, it seems it would be fitting, Stephen A Smith just got suspended for a week from ESPN for asking a similar question..... :nono: Not that I am a fan of his, don't like his act, but suspending him for a week, one less than Rice, just for asking, or stating in his case, that sometimes it MIGHT be ok to strike a women.... Go Women's Lib! no please, GO! :mask:

come on man Rice.is an NFL running back if he can't take a few hits from hits from his fiance then he's in real trouble come Tue football,season. I'm one case in which my ex wife got arrestes for attacking me. My.buddies were getting ready to go to Iraq so we were partying hard at the barracks when she showed up and told drunken me I had to watch the kid. As the arguement heated up two of my buddies hemmed me up just to male sure nothing happened amd thats when sje started swinging. She gave me a bloody nose a fat lip and tried to rip my ear off. I got one hamd free and slapped her with an open hand. She called the MPs who seen me and seen a hand print on her face. They initially put me in cuffs but upon questioning people they released me and took her away. I was told that what saved me was that I hit her with an open hand amd that I was restrained when attacked. Like it or not women are always going to be more protected then men and that's how it should be. For the most part eben if a women is bigger then the man the man is still stromger it's how are bodies werw designed.

Really Rice should had gotten in between 4-6 games suspension. As hope he can get help. Really liked the guy do to his anti-bullying policy. Until this came about. He not just only needs to win back fans but win back respect and honor along the way. Meaning staying out of trouble again.

Since Goodell has taken over, seems that the more players that are getting in trouble off the field has increase more and more. Then they were doing the Tagliabue and even Rozelle era!

Agree with Dee on this one. I remember in the early 90's rumblings about DV being a big thing in the NFL.

There is no argument for 4 - 6 games. Unless there is video that Ray Rice " ... knocked a woman unconcious in a drumken rage... ", you're blowing smoke out your butt. A 4 - 6 game suspension may be the trendy thing to say, but is it the right thing to do? Hell no. Grow up.

She was conscious when she got on the elevator. Ray said he hit her unless you thing he is a liar. She was dragged off the elevator unconscious like a sack of potatoes.

He admitted it.

(Also - quick clarification so no one goes off the rails on that statement -- Rice has admitted to his role in a physical altercation with his then-girlfriend which resulted in her being unconscious).

Ding ding ding!!!

Yes he admitted it because hes a good dude, since no one has seen a video of him punching her, then he could of easily denied punching her, and you know what, he'd have still received the same two game suspension.

He admitted it because he knows what the commish had access to and didn't want to be like Vick and bold face lie to Goodell and have it blow up in his face.

Or is that there is more available media, 24/7?

I just heard Steven A Smith was suspended a week for defending Rice.

http://detroit.cbslocal.com/2014/07/29/espn-suspends-stephen-a-smith-for-comments-on-domestic-abuse/

He wasn't defending Rice. In fact go back and watch the video of SA Smith when the TMZ vid first came out. He pretty well butchered Ray. He was suspended for the "women provoking being hit" comments

You don't even need a larger woman. Take Rhonda Rousey. She could beat this shit out of every man on this site. Skill is more important than size.

come on man Rice.is an NFL running back if he can't take a few hits from hits from his fiance then he's in real trouble come Tue football,season. I'm one case in which my ex wife got arrestes for attacking me. My.buddies were getting ready to go to Iraq so we were partying hard at the barracks when she showed up and told drunken me I had to watch the kid. As the arguement heated up two of my buddies hemmed me up just to male sure nothing happened amd thats when sje started swinging. She gave me a bloody nose a fat lip and tried to rip my ear off. I got one hamd free and slapped her with an open hand. She called the MPs who seen me and seen a hand print on her face. They initially put me in cuffs but upon questioning people they released me and took her away. I was told that what saved me was that I hit her with an open hand amd that I was restrained when attacked. Like it or not women are always going to be more protected then men and that's how it should be. For the most part eben if a women is bigger then the man the man is still stromger it's how are bodies werw designed.

That does not answer my question. I was not speaking about Rice per se`, nor excussing what he did. My point, my question, is it ever ok to strike a women?

More than 1 guy. She is a bad woman. I have talked with John Rallo and he laughed when I told him I wanted to roll rith Rhonda. I want to have her go after the armbar and I want to see how long I can defend it. I would be impressed with myself for holding it off for 45 secs. I outweigh her by about 100 lbs.

That does not answer my question. I was not speaking about Rice per se`, nor excussing what he did. My point, my question, is it ever ok to strike a women?

yeah but it should be a last resort. IMO. If she is doing bodily harm and you can't get your hands on her to restrain her then yeah slap her. I have a hard time justifying hitting a woman with a closed fist umless she has a weapon or as Papa is Ronda Rowsey lol.

yeah but it should be a last resort. IMO. If she is doing bodily harm and you can't get your hands on her to restrain her then yeah slap her. I have a hard time justifying hitting a woman with a closed fist umless she has a weapon or as Papa is Ronda Rowsey lol.

The problem is knowing a woman is trained to beat your ass in time. At first you might think it is a joke that she is coming at you. Then after she tags you a few times you are thinking oh no there are 4 of her now.

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2014/07/29/the-ravens-are-just-trolling-you-at-this-point/

The Ravens are just trolling you at this point

It is no longer fair to accuse the Ravens ofbeing tone-deaf when it comes to their presentation of suspended wife-beater Ray Rice.

Because that would presume they’re not doing it on purpose.

The Ravens continue to make a martyr out of the guy who dragged his unconscious wife out of an elevator, posting a story and a video of last night’s practice, when he was given a standing ovation by Ravens fans.

They even found an apparent woman, Debbie Lindling of Baltimore, to voice her support in the story.

“I’m wearing his jersey because he is still a good man,” she said. “I’m happy to support Ray Rice, just like he has always supported our community.”

“I have on number 27 to show the fans, and the world, that I am supportive of Ray Rice,” added Jerra Byrd of Randallstown, Md, who we think would probably be female as well. “He has been forgiven by his wife. He is moving on with his life. He didn’t ask for the two-game suspension.”

Yes, at this point they’re going over the top with the unpopular opinion, putting on the black hat and happily playing the role of heel.

They’ve become the Big Ern McCracken of the NFL, and they don’t care if you have a uterus or otherwise don’t like it.

Now, if you’ll bring them another Tanqueray and Tab, and if you don’t mind, wash that perfume off before you come back to their table.