ExtremeRavens: The Sanctuary

Ray Rice Supspended 2 Games

colincac

Really Rice should had gotten in between 4-6 games suspension. As hope he can get help. Really liked the guy do to his anti-bullying policy. Until this came about. He not just only needs to win back fans but win back respect and honor along the way. Meaning staying out of trouble again.

Since Goodell has taken over, seems that the more players that are getting in trouble off the field has increase more and more. Then they were doing the Tagliabue and even Rozelle era!

Really Rice should had gotten in between 4-6 games suspension. As hope he can get help. Really liked the guy do to his anti-bullying policy. Until this came about. He not just only needs to win back fans but win back respect and honor along the way. Meaning staying out of trouble again.

Since Goodell has taken over, seems that the more players that are getting in trouble off the field has increase more and more. Then they were doing the Tagliabue and even Rozelle era!

Four to six games? I challenge you to make your case. The floor is yours.

Four to six games? I challenge you to make your case. The floor is yours.

Rasta, I'm not even on that side but the case has been made effectively and is pretty well agreed upon by the masses nation wide... Why act like anyone who address with that wisdom is out of their mind?

Rasta, I'm not even on that side but the case has been made effectively and is pretty well agreed upon by the masses nation wide... Why act like anyone who address with that wisdom is out of their mind?

DC, you made the case yourself. The only evidence to argue is that Roethlisberger got a four game suspension, while Rice only got two games. Their cases (much less the accusations) don't compare, though. The precedent isn't there.

I think you misinterpret. There is an argument on both sides. I can easily justify why fewer than four.

But it's equally easy to justify four or more - conduct detrimental to the league, sending a message to future offenders on the issue, equitable policy with drug violations and the like.

All I'm really saying is - there is tremendous support for four or more games and the argument is easy enough to make. You can disagree with it, but no reason to be an ass in doing so and claiming that anyone who says "two wasn't enough" has their head on wrong. It's also as simple as, "I think it was worth four because I think it was. Who care about precedent? Morally, he knocked a woman unconscious in a drunken rage and that's unacceptable. Just like I think marijuana shouldn't be suspendable at all, I think knocking someone unconscious should be more!" (Again, that's not my view - but it's perfectly valid in this territory and someone saying that is not wrong for having that feeling.)

I don't disagree with those feelings and I don't disagree with the fact that domestic violence is disgusting. I understand that people feel a certain way about what happened, and I think they have every right to it.

I'm not, however, saying that someone who thinks two games isn't enough has their head on wrong, or whatever. If Rice had been suspended for four games, or six games, or whatever, I'd actually be all for it. Just as I would the two games, or no games. My point is in trying to understand why we're, as a nation, in such a fuss about this suspension given the circumstances outlined by myself and by you previously. I just feel that it's misguided, because I completely and totally agree that the NFL needs a better system in place (whether public or not), but I don't think that this is the case that proves it.

I think you misinterpret. There is an argument on both sides. I can easily justify why fewer than four.

But it's equally easy to justify four or more - conduct detrimental to the league, sending a message to future offenders on the issue, equitable policy with drug violations and the like.

All I'm really saying is - there is tremendous support for four or more games and the argument is easy enough to make. You can disagree with it, but no reason to be an ass in doing so and claiming that anyone who says "two wasn't enough" has their head on wrong. It's also as simple as, "I think it was worth four because I think it was. Who care about precedent? Morally, he knocked a woman unconscious in a drunken rage and that's unacceptable. Just like I think marijuana shouldn't be suspendable at all, I think knocking someone unconscious should be more!" (Again, that's not my view - but it's perfectly valid in this territory and someone saying that is not wrong for having that feeling.)

There is no argument for 4 - 6 games. Unless there is video that Ray Rice " ... knocked a woman unconcious in a drumken rage... ", you're blowing smoke out your butt. A 4 - 6 game suspension may be the trendy thing to say, but is it the right thing to do? Hell no. Grow up.

There is no video that shows Ray Rice punching anything. Pure speculation and innuendo. The courts know it and the NFL knows it. It's time to let this sleeping dog lie. It just won't hunt, as they say. All of you liberals who are shrieking and wreaking over this, get a life.

He will return in Cleveland and I for one am pretty happy about that.

He admitted it.

(Also - quick clarification so no one goes off the rails on that statement -- Rice has admitted to his role in a physical altercation with his then-girlfriend which resulted in her being unconscious).

Crav - two responses.

1. To the effect of the convo I was having with Rasta, etc - I was more saying that given that those facts are unchallenged, it is not hard to see why someone would want him to get four games.

2. To the effect of reality, had Rice NOT admitted it, he would not have been able to get off easy with the "remediation program" from the courts - because to get into that you have to say, "yes, I am sorry, it was a mistake." If he hadn't taken that deal, we'd be looking at trial or a greater punishment from the courts and, without doubt, a greater suspension from the league - if he was even done with his trial (and possible incarceration) at this point, which is certainly not a given.

Or is that there is more available media, 24/7?

• Upvote 1

Crav - two responses.

1. To the effect of the convo I was having with Rasta, etc - I was more saying that given that those facts are unchallenged, it is not hard to see why someone would want him to get four games.

2. To the effect of reality, had Rice NOT admitted it, he would not have been able to get off easy with the "remediation program" from the courts - because to get into that you have to say, "yes, I am sorry, it was a mistake." If he hadn't taken that deal, we'd be looking at trial or a greater punishment from the courts and, without doubt, a greater suspension from the league - if he was even done with his trial (and possible incarceration) at this point, which is certainly not a given.

This one's a pop up. Two game suspension based on the evidence on hand: 4 - 6 game suspension based on inuendo and speculation.

No one cares about Ben. Be a champion and get over it.

ben-roethlisberger-4-drunk-pictures.jpg

im just killimg this theres no evidence theory a lot have adopted in defending rice. You can't have it both ways. Everyone supported the Ben suspensions. If there was a better fitting situation I would use it. The only other comduct detrimental to the league is Pryor.

im just killimg this theres no evidence theory a lot have adopted in defending rice. You can't have it both ways. Everyone supported the Ben suspensions. If there was a better fitting situation I would use it. The only other comduct detrimental to the league is Pryor.

stnl0zqvc7t3mf4rz9uc.png

From Deadspin.

stnl0zqvc7t3mf4rz9uc.png

From Deadspin.

ok lets go with the closest one of attacking a stripper which was a 16 game suspension. Thats not right either as it was Pac Man like 4th offense. I just have a problem with the lack of consistency and people defending rice with the there was no evidence argument. This deserved at least 4 games.

How is that the closest one? To me, assault is the closest. But whatever. You think people are defending Rice because not everyone has a pitchfork and storming the castle. That's ridiculous. Acceptance doesn't equal defense.

I skimmed right over the assault which was 3 games. I was talking about defending his actions I was tqlking about.defending the 2 game suspension. I did notice there was no domestic violence on there so maybe the media is right when they said the NFL doesnt really care about it no matter what they say.

Im pretty sure the league predicted Ben was becoming a problem and his suspensions probably saved his ass

I've heard the Rooneys had a lot to do with his suspension. At the end of the day my biggest problem is consistency with punishments and Goodell just handing out whatever he feels like. Should Ben have been suspended possibly but he and Pryor got screwed on the length IMO.