ExtremeRavens: The Sanctuary

Flacco to Pro Bowl?

ForceEight

The three current Pro Bowl QBs for the AFC are Manning, Rivers, and Schaub. Brady and Roethlisberger are injured and won't play ( http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2010/01/20/shoulder-injury-keeps-roethlisberger-out-of-pro-bowl/ ).

Manning won't play if the Colts make it to the Super Bowl--which, let's face it, is a distinct possibility.

Look at the remaining AFC quarterbacks: http://www.nfl.com/stats/categorystats?archive=false&conference=0011&statisticCategory=PASSING&season=2009&seasonType=REG&experience=null&tabSeq=0&qualified=true&Submit=Go

Flacco and Orton are the only quarterbacks left to make an argument for. While he might not deserve it necessarily, it would be very cool if our second year quarterback was in the Pro Bowl.

I would hope that if Flacco's injury was as bad as everyone said it was, that he would not play even if chosen. It could very well be the case that they asked Flacco to replace Rivers, but he declined due to injury, thus Young got in. Can anyone believe that Young is a two-time Pro Bowler? His stats suck, but granted the guy wins ball games. The Titans could be trouble next season.

I would hope that if Flacco's injury was as bad as everyone said it was, that he would not play even if chosen. It could very well be the case that they asked Flacco to replace Rivers, but he declined due to injury, thus Young got in. Can anyone believe that Young is a two-time Pro Bowler? His stats suck, but granted the guy wins ball games. The Titans could be trouble next season.

Cleetz,

Im with you. Let Flacco rest, heal and get ready for next year. Put a lid on this year. Who cares about the Pro Bowl ? Its popularity is approaching the NBA All Star Game.

Id rather see Joe work on strength and training - maybe he could get some work on his guns during the off season.

Cleetz,

Im with you. Let Flacco rest, heal and get ready for next year. Put a lid on this year. Who cares about the Pro Bowl ? Its popularity is approaching the NBA All Star Game.

Id rather see Joe work on strength and training - maybe he could get some work on his guns during the off season.

I care, because I'm going to the Pro Bowl, and I'd like to see Joe signing stuff there.

Sorry Spear ! I would understand but for selfish reasons, I dont want to subject Joe to any more injury. We need the young man for the long haul, you understand.

We don't really need a quarterback to run our offense anyways. The AFC all-stars need him more than we do!

Plus it would be good for Joe to have the opportunity to work with some good receivers for a change. He would come back saying "we need to get us one of those, Ozzie!"

Guest BallTMore

Even if Joe is still a little banged up I would like to see him play in the pro bowl (If he gets an invite). I'm really curious to see what Joe could do with REAL receivers.

Good points guys! It would be interesting to see how Flacco does with good receivers! Have fun at the Pro-Bowl, Spear.

Joe needs to get some strength in his legs too! Get that boy in the gym doing some squats and then feed him some hamburgers!!! Big Ben is a fat ass, but it makes him a better player because he is so hard to take down. If Flacco can get up 250 pounds, he would probably be able to take the punishment a little better.

Who figures this out...the coaches? Garrad does not deserve to go over Flacco and Orton, but then again, neither did Young.

I think they use the same criteria they use to select the Pro Bowl alternates (mixture of player and coaches votes), they just keep going down the line. The players and coaches vote usually seem to be a couple of years behind. Guys who do not go when they have a great year (Garrard in 2007) will usually get in the next year. For example, Ngata just started to get his recognition. He could probably have a horrible year next season and still get in due to what he has done the past two or three seasons.

a little update here....

Flacco Declined Pro Bowl Invite?

When news broke that Jaguars quarterback David Garrard would represent the AFC in the Pro Bowl since Peyton Manning will be busy preparing for the Super Bowl, my first thought was, “Garrard is a better option than Flacco?”

Garrard threw for fewer yards, had a lower completion percentage and fewer touchdowns than Flacco in 2009. Plus, Garrard and the Jaguars failed to advance to the postseason, whereas Flacco’s Ravens made it to the Divisional playoff round.

But apparently, Flacco was invited to the Pro Bowl and declined because of his hip injury, according to Aaron Wilson’s RavensInsider Twitter account. There’s still no official word from Flacco himself on the matter.

I would love to see Joe out there with some receivers...oh well!

a little update here....

I would love to see Joe out there with some receivers...oh well!

I would hope that if Flacco's injury was as bad as everyone said it was, that he would not play even if chosen. It could very well be the case that they asked Flacco to replace Rivers, but he declined due to injury, thus Young got in.

Called it!!!! LOL