ExtremeRavens: The Sanctuary

O's Final Stretch

varaven45

Unreal did you all see that stat where Cruz is in company with DiMaggio, mantle, Reggie and yogi as the most hrs in a playoff series,I have all autographs named except for Cruz , spring training is a calling my name,

Edited by cravnravn

Could. It clearly had more effect this year on his bat than his defense.

Three years simply seems a reasonable amount of time for a guy his age. There's no perfect solution there that I can see.

Could. It clearly had more effect this year on his bat than his defense.

Three years simply seems a reasonable amount of time for a guy his age. There's no perfect solution there that I can see.

I think so too. And I have read numerous things from fans of other teams who are upset he won't be on the market this summer. I think you want the stability of JJ between the two young infielders. I think he is better but comparable to Bordick and he was solid past 35.

I also think the signing sends the right message to the players and potential players.

So, in summation, even if it goes horribly wrong I think it was a good move.

But ... JJ isn't Tex. His contract isn't Tex's - or anything close. It's not close in length and it's not close in annual payout.

So, no... we couldn't afford to have a Tex contract fail. But we don't have one yet.

Here's what I don't entirely get, Papa... earlier this year you were not only saying the O's don't really have the stuff to get to the playoffs, but also saying that their window was pretty small. I don't know that many people disagreed with the latter. But there's not a lot of options to extend it except to pursue some kind of free agent.

Hardy could slide. Any player could slide. But if you need a SS - and you want to extend your window while some other players develop - what is your suggested alternative? Play the market for Asdrubal Cabrera is a popular alternative I've heard... similar to Hardy, but younger... but in a competitive market he'll cost as much or more. Or a stop-gap in between? Schoop or Flaherty? Another young'n? Not sure I buy that as really being possible if the goal is to keep winning games.

Your usual complaints are about length and size of contract. I don't really see either complaint here being valid. When it comes to predicting performance, it's all up in the air... so, what's the real complaint?