ExtremeRavens: The Sanctuary

LOST 2/16/10

Guest BallTMore

Wow, I cannot believe no one has commented on this yet, but what an episode! I almost missed it because my TV listings said it was a repeat and didnt mention that it was moved to Wednesday night this week. Of all the people to die, I would have never thought it would be this one, at least so soon.

To me the most shocking part was

Just goofing off, no new one this week.

• Upvote 1

Got answers tonight, didn't we?

Everything is much clearer now. Very straightforward episode huh?

Its not that I disliked this episode, it was decent and interesting, I just question the timing. They came off one last week that had a lot happen very fast, and this one kind of slowed down the momentum to me. I guess they could not have slotted it earlier in the season.

Guest BallTMore

I thought is was a good episode, but I also left with the feeling of, "This is the 3rd to last episode?"

It was cool to finally learn that MIB and Jacob are brothers. Bummed that MIB STILL doesn't have a name. "I only thought of one name."

What?

Who told Mommy2 to kill Mommy1(Claudia)?

Finally finding out who Adam and Eve were was nice.

Jacob seemed like more of the aggressor. He beat MIB twice! Quite different from his laid-back self.

All-in-all this ep. left me kind of confused (Not really surprising).

The last 3 hrs are going to have to be fast paced. Where's Walt? Where's Aaron? Who is David's Mother (Jacks black-haired son)? Who is David?. Why does it matter?

Will we see more of Ben and Richard? Did Sun and Jin really die? Where's Lapidus? Why is Desmond so important?

And I'm sure there are many other questions I forgot.

Not sure what to think about the episode in the grand scheme of things. But, alone, I enjoyed it. It was good to find out who Adam and Eve were. As for the survivors, Sun, Jin, Lapidus and Sayid are all dead. I'd be surprised to see them back.

It was cool to finally learn that MIB and Jacob are brothers. Bummed that MIB STILL doesn't have a name. "I only thought of one name."

I thought the name was going to be some sort of payoff or big deal, but now I am not so sure. The brother died, and its just smokey in his body now. Which makes sense, because when you see everything, the brother wasn't pure evil like its been suggested Lock-Monster is. The brother was troubled, but not evil IMO.

3 hour Show/Season Finale Sunday Night

We wont find out a thing

Dont watch!

I think we will. As odd as it has been I think they have been giving answers all season. I hear we are going to have a talking dog to explain everything to us!

Guest BallTMore

So, who else is ready to jump off a bridge? :_(

That...was...amazing! And...depressing.

That was some HEAVY stuff. Hurley and Jack made me turn into a sobbing wussy.

I have no words. WOW.

Just WOW.

What! No talking dog?

I am probably about as happy with it as I could be. I liked it and thought it was very well done. A lot of the sudden remembrances almost got me misty. For some reason the Jin and Sun stuff has gotten to me recently.

I missed Micheal and Walt too, but understand why there were not there. I feel bad for Harold Perrineau. Good actor and good character the first season who changed into a mopey boring one in season two and then written off. I understand why. I guess it would be hard to have him lose his son, in any way, and still be a well rounded character in the show so I guess it was easier to mostly write him out.

Michael was stuck on the island, and perhaps the reason Walt wasnt at the end is perhaps thats not the most important time of his life. (if his age and size isnt the only reason).

Guest BallTMore

I think you hit the nail on the head regarding Walt, Spen. Makes sense.

Also a thought.

I think the losties entered the "sideways reality"(Purgatory) as they were dying. Which is why the final minutes with Jack showed him in the church, and on the island about to die, it was all happening at once. And, as Christian Sheppard stated, there was no "time" in their purgatory. A lifetime there could have only been a few seconds in real life.

Another example of that is Juliet. When she was dying, after the bomb explosion, she said something like, "Let's go Dutch" and/or "Let's meet up for coffee.", which could be brushed off as her mind just shutting down, but we saw in the purgatory timeline that she said the exact same thing to Sawyer before they had their memory flashback.

Also, it would have been cool to know how long Hurley and Ben live on the island. I thought the exchange between Ben and Hurley was really cool. "You made a great #2", "Thanks, you were a great #1"

It is interesting, but I just don't see a reason for omitting Michael and Walt. I mean, Shannon was there. Really?! Shannon? And Penny. And the other one (Hurley's girlfriend). They all had less relevance on the island. I dunno. That was just really unsatisfying to me especially considering how big of an influence Walt had in the beginning. Even Jeremy Bentham visited Walt. And speaking of holes, just how did Ben escape from the tree trunk? LOL!

Overall, the finale was OK. It was beautifully shot, written, directed, acting and composed. I just thought there were some glaring omissions. And way too many commercials. I'm glad they didn't interrupt the last 15 minutes though.

The commercials always seemed bad on Lost. I have DVR'd it for years to watch them.

I think Shannon was important to Sayid's redemption, without which he may not have been able to help how he helped near the end. Same with Penny, even though she never was on the island she was the driving force behind Desmond actions and he was crucial. Didnt Christian state that for Jack and those waiting in the church their time on the island was their "most important of their lives"? So for that reason I understand Walter not being there. And Vincent too, his most important time might have been when a grieving Walt first got him. And we learned a few weeks ago that Michael was trapped on the island.

Thats how I took it all, though in their case I still think the writers were handcuffed by an aging Walter.

BallT, my wife and I were wondering and how long Hurley and Ben lived and worked together on the island. Luckily Hurley seemed to get along with most people, though Ben may have not been bad to be with then.