ExtremeRavens: The Sanctuary

LOST 2/16/10

Guest BallTMore

Not a big fan of Burn Notice at all. The lead guy just annoys the hell outta me.

I like what I have seen of White Collar, though.

White Collar CAN be good, but it's not yet. Everything is forced and obvious.

I'm not sure what anyone has against the Burn Notice guy, though. He's definitely the best character. And besides, Bruce Campbell!

THANK YOU! I'm so glad I'm not the only one. Every time I see him in a movie he's playing a douchebag. Totally prevented me from checking out this show.

LOL, I like him in this and cannot recall seeing him in anything else, but both my father and brother wont watch the show because they dont like him.

Guest BallTMore

Claire's sees smokey in John Locke form, just as everyone else. Claire has been "infected" by Smokey, so that's why she refers to him as her friend.

Another note on Claire, it seems she is the new Russo. I think the island refreshes itself with new people, but the new people take over the roles of the old.

Claire =Russo. Jackson or Hurley will = Jacob. Sawyer or Sayid = Smokey.

Locke is dead. *sniff sniff* Smokey, Man in black?, took over his body. At least I think, I have pretty much given up trying to figure stuff out and just watch and enjoy.

I am not sure what I think Claire sees when she looks at him.

Loved this:

"This is old school.You know, you and me trekking through the jungle, on our way to do something that we don't quite understand. Good times."

Guest BallTMore

We are getting answers...kinda.

We now know that Richard came over on the Black Rock ship 300+ years ago and was a slave of some sorts. Not really surprising, but it's good that the question was answered. I believe there is a Richard episode coming up soon. Should be interesting, I'm looking forward to that.

I thought Michael Emerson (Ben) did a fantastic job in last week's episode. I had pretty much giving up on the Ben character, thought he would fade away, but clearly he won't.

I believe Ben was "infected" as a child like Claire and Sayid are infected, which is why Ben acts like a badass sometimes. Remember, Kate took Ben to the temple after Sayid shot him and was told he, "Would never be the same", by Richard if they saved him. I think that's the reason Smokey hasn't killed him. But, all that seems like it is going to change now as it appears Ben is turning into a good guy.

BTW, did anyone else feel the weird sexual vibe between Ben and his "daughter" in the sideways flashes? I thought for sure Ben wanted to bang her. lol

I know the writers were trying to show that the feelings the people have for others on the island are still there, even if they don't have the same relationship they had on the island. Ben/Daughter Alex, Ben/Student Alex.

Oh, and Miles still cracks me up. I had to laugh when he told Ben, while digging his own grave, "Your not exactly tearing it up on the digging front, are you?"

Edited by BallTMore

We now know that Richard came over on the Black Rock ship 300+ years ago and was a slave of some sorts.

How? I didn't pick that up at all!

I believe Ben was "infected" as a child like Claire and Sayid are infected, which is why Ben acts like a badass sometimes. Remember, Kate took Ben to the temple after Sayid shot him and was told he, "Would never be the same", by Richard if they saved him. I think that's the reason Smokey hasn't killed him. But, all that seems like it is going to change now as it appears Ben is turning into a good guy.

Interesting take. I've given up on trying to figure things out.

BTW, did anyone else feel the weird sexual vibe between Ben and his "daughter" in the sideways flashes? I thought for sure Ben wanted to bang her. lol

Definitely! I was glad that he made things right, in a way, by essentially sacrificing himself (and hopes) for Alex.

Guest BallTMore

After Ben killed Jacob, Locke2 came out from the statue and told Richard he was glad to see him out of those chains. Tues., when Richard went into the ship, he went over and touched a pair of chains hanging in the boat. Jack asked if he had been there before.

Richard said something like, "yes, a long time ago and I haven't been back since."

After Ben killed Jacob, Locke2 came out from the statue and told Richard he was glad to see him out of those chains. Tues., when Richard went into the ship, he went over and touched a pair of chains hanging in the boat. Jack asked if he had been there before.

Richard said something like, "yes, a long time ago and I haven't been back since."

Ahh. That totally went over my head. I remember all of those parts but never put it together. :)

Guest BallTMore
I know nothing about this show, but just from reading what everyone has posted, I kind of think you're all just making things up.

Ha!

It's definitely a show you have to see from the beginning, otherwise you'll be...lost. Hell, you'll be confused even if you did watch it from the beginning, but for some reason that's part of what makes the show so good.

Emerson (Ben) is a great actor, at least in this.

As many answers as we are given there seem to be as many new questions. Doesnt matter to me, so far all of the episodes this season have been really good IMO.

According to Emerson there is a really strange episode coming up. One with none of the regulars in it, and in a location that has never been done before.

That's Charles Widmore coming back to the island. He had a standoff with Ben years ago that resulted in him being kicked off the island. He is also the father of Penny (Desmond's wife) and Daniel Farraday (the physicist).

I love you too Dee

• 2 weeks later...