ExtremeRavens: The Sanctuary

So, Ebola Anyone?

deeshopper

In a word... Yawn.

Hype machine media at its finest. Fear mongering politicians doing their damnedest too to keep us worked up.

Close the borders! To stop the one international case.

Some stupid mistakes early, primarily by the original hospital. But it won't end us or the world... And won't come close.

It's a horrible disease if you get it but it's not that easy to get. Not impossible, but not easy. Wha is scary is how many protocols have been broken by some of the hospital workers. If it was airborne we would be screwed.

The fear mongering stuff is annoying. Last week I read an article that mentioned Ebola might be airborne. Then when you read the article it stated that if someday the virus mutated it might become airborne. Thanks, fine journalists.

I think the next really big one will be a strain of flu. If you want to read scary stuff read about the Spanish flu outbreak in the early 20th century. Or read how many people catch and die from just the regular flu each year.

The broken protocols are crazy but surprisingly not unexpected especially in bad hospitals.

I did read today that if you notice you don't hear anything from the surgeon general on this... Because we don't have one. Because the Senate hasn't yet even voted on Obama's nominee for the position... Nominated last November.

In case you're wondering, the lack of vote is largely because the man has said on several occasions that guns are a series health risk in american homes.

The broken protocols are crazy but surprisingly not unexpected especially in bad hospitals.

I did read today that if you notice you don't hear anything from the surgeon general on this... Because we don't have one. Because the Senate hasn't yet even voted on Obama's nominee for the position... Nominated last November.

In case you're wondering, the lack of vote is largely because the man has said on several occasions that guns are a series health risk in american homes.

Agreed on all points. But also he is a nom of Obama so he has to be blocked to spite Obama. In fact if I were Obama I would put this whole blame on the GOP Senate because they are blocking the SG. I would run news cycle after news cycle about if only we had an expert in place to keep the American people safe. Being so close to election day it might crush the GOP seats that are running in the Senate.

I also heard someone say that Obama should have just made the guy the point man on Ebola. Since the Senate won't vote on his nom I will have him save us on this front. Obama sucks at dirty pool. The GOP was screaming for an Ebola czar (even though they were screaming about every czar before) so Obama hires a guy and they bitch about him anyways.

I will say that the somewhat scary thing us that "direct contact" in medical talk is inside of three feet - doesn't actually mean contact. Though you do have to have contact with fluids, but the aspirations from a cough should count in that range.

So I'm told.

Meanwhile, of course the surgeon general issue is also just about Obama... But good luck selling that in an election. Most people don't understand that 90%of the debt growth in 09,10 and 11 was due to recession (lost tax income, increased unemployment payments) and that while unemployment has slowly recovered, job growth numbers have been hindered primarily by governments cutting jobs along with budgets. In real dollars adjusted for inflation, govt surrendering on the federal level is nearly the same as it was in 2004 - and down significantly from 2010

I will say that the somewhat scary thing us that "direct contact" in medical talk is inside of three feet - doesn't actually mean contact. Though you do have to have contact with fluids, but the aspirations from a cough should count in that range.

So I'm told.

Maybe, it makes sense. I have heard "news" outlets altering the meaning of airborne to state that this is.

So I'm told.

Meanwhile, of course the surgeon general issue is also just about Obama... But good luck selling that in an election. Most people don't understand that 90%of the debt growth in 09,10 and 11 was due to recession (lost tax income, increased unemployment payments) and that while unemployment has slowly recovered, job growth numbers have been hindered primarily by governments cutting jobs along with budgets. In real dollars adjusted for inflation, govt surrendering on the federal level is nearly the same as it was in 2004 - and down significantly from 2010

I think they will get putting up the name 11 months ago and they still haven't voted on it. Then ask the people if they don't do their job for 11 months would they still have their jobs.

Does anyone know if you can get Ebola from a lap dance? Asking for a friend.

Just watch out for the open sores and puking.

Stupid auto correct! I meant laptop! Really.

Sure you did.