ExtremeRavens: The Sanctuary

Road Block

vmax

Revis and Browner...

"New England always had its players coached up well, but with the talent the Patriots have back there, they are in trouble," said former Ravens Pro Bowl safety Ed Reed of his old team. "They can be physical at the line and play man up, too. They can pound you and run with you, going to be a tough matchup for anyone."

When the Ravens faced these types of cornerbacks this season, the receivers didn't play well and the team usually lost. The Cincinnati Bengals pressed up on the Ravens with cornerbacks Terence Newman and Leon Hall, and the Ravens lost to them twice this season. "They are going to bang you, get their hands on you," said former Ravens secondary coach Donnie Henderson, who now holds the same role with the Buffalo Bills. "Both of those guys can run. They actually have two shutdown corners out of the three they use, and they get after you. http://www.baltimoresun.com/sports/ravens/bs-sp-preston-ravens-column-0106-20150105-column.html

Looks like the Ravens have to run Saturday.

Not liking this because the Ravens need Joe to make some big plays. If his men can't get open it could be a long night.

you are nuts crav. I have said this all year, they, the receivers, can't get open against press man coverage or even press match up zone. It wasn't just the Bengals who did, several other teams did as well and they struggled to move the ball. None of the receivers, not even Sr who is too old at this point, can get open. If the Ravens can't run or get a good match up with Daniels consitantly, this game will be ugly.

You just have no confidence T, you've been a doggy downer all season. I love when we get zero credit, or told we cant do rthis or that.

I have been off on their record, but right on about the players. These receivers clearly struggle with press. T Smith can't evne get seperation against off man coverage.DB's have been able to frustrate him with bump & run, you can see it on his face, in his actions when he can't make a catch on a good pass.

They, all of them, are late getting out of routes on press, causing Joe to hold the ball. Look back on some of his off games this year, you will see, as I have pointed on many times, as he has said when being interviewed, he can't trush them to get open on timing patterns when they get pressed.

It's all right there from Reed and the former DB coach, everyone in the league knows it. Miami even knew it, used it a few times, but went back to zone, inexplicably.

I am really thinking this could be a major blow out, 20+ points type blow out.

I brought their corners up yesterday, and this is the one factor they never had before. Revis may not be Revis of old, but he's better than anything we have.

Guess we'll wait and see. We do have a solid core of no name WRs though...can't cover all of them.

I agree with Reed: weve got to pound the rock, stay with it, and pass when necessary. If Joe starts slinging it around, he'll get into trouble.

We need to keep the score low, unleash our OL and running game, and keep Brady on the sideline as much as possible.

I agree that we should run the football. But, if that isn't working, then what? I think we need to just play to win, like we did in the Steel City. Mix it up. If our receivers can't get open, go with the short stuff down the field. Go with screen plays and alot of boot legs. Joe has much success with that. Going down field on occasion works also, but mix it up. The run sets up the pass and the pass sets up the run. Play aggressive. Play to win ! On defensive, again no conservatism, no playing 10 yards off the receiver. Play hard and aggressive for 60 complete minutes and rattle Brady's cage non stop.

He'll probably be on torrey while Revis is bird dogging Smith Sr. Yeah, that may work 1 or 2 times during the game. Still going to need to pound that rock

http://www.baltimoresun.com/sports/ravens/ravens-insider/bal-ravens-torrey-smith-anticipates-matching-up-against-imposing-patriots-corner-brandon-browner-20150106-story.html

Torrey anticipates being matched up against Browner, so we'll see. As we saw against the Browns with Hayden, all it takes are a couple of big plays for Torrey to have an impact on the game.