ExtremeRavens: The Sanctuary

This is the 'Good-Bye' part of the Off Season

vmax

And it sucks seeing favorite players who have a lot of game left in them leave.

It's not 2002, but it's still a CAP Purge.

After reading Torrey's good-bye all I could think was "wow."

http://www.baltimoreravens.com/news/article-1/Full-Torrey-Smith-Thank-You-Letter/6569196a-9900-4c17-8c4c-68a4fa31c28b

Looks like Ngata will be gone. We know McPhee is heading for greener pa$ture$.

I didn't want to lose Jacoby. He's a weapon on Special Teams. He's a playmaker. A game changer.

So is Torrey. Say what you want, but every 6th time he touched a ball last year was a TD. He stretched the field. Defenses had to play honest.

The Ravens have no deep threat now. Teams can stack the box again.

They better hope they can sign Forsett. And they have no TE. Steve Smith is what???...35?

Joe has no playmakers at the moment.

None.

Deflation. That's all I feel right now.

So SS isn't a playmaker anymore? Again this is what happens when you enter into bad contracts.

He'll be 36 when the season starts. Let's not kid ourselves.

As for bad contracts...the Ray Rice deal really hurt this team. Dead money.

Webbs deal hurts because he got injured. Same with Pita's deal.

A lot of good money going out with no return.

Rice & Ngata are killing us on the cap. One we can't control; the other we can. I think we're going to have to cut Ngata. I hate to see him go but we need some cap space.

It does hurt to lose Torrey. We don't have a viable downfield solution anymore. Maybe they should have kept Jacoby for the lousy 700k they saved. He might have been able to turn it around on the receiving end and give us some semblance of a deep threat.

You're right, Max. This time of year sucks for us.

He'll be 36 when the season starts. Let's not kid ourselves.

As for bad contracts...the Ray Rice deal really hurt this team. Dead money.

Webbs deal hurts because he got injured. Same with Pita's deal.

A lot of good money going out with no return.

Pitta and Rice count for about $15 mil on the cap.

Rice was already a diminishing player when the vids came out. The Ravens need to be more selective in who they extend new deals.

Rice & Ngata are killing us on the cap. One we can't control; the other we can. I think we're going to have to cut Ngata. I hate to see him go but we need some cap space.

It does hurt to lose Torrey. We don't have a viable downfield solution anymore. Maybe they should have kept Jacoby for the lousy 700k they saved. He might have been able to turn it around on the receiving end and give us some semblance of a deep threat.

You're right, Max. This time of year sucks for us.

Jones is a loser. He had a run of a few games but looking at his career you could see what he was going to give you.

The Ravens will just have to draft a down field threat.

If parting with players is done on the Ravens terms then it will mitigate the loss.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=we-L7w1K5Zo

This really sums it up.

Well, I'll take this sense of deflation or good bye over last year (in the wake of the Ray Rice carnage). We've got a good nucleus of young players especially on the LOS. And since we aren't and never are big FA spenders, this draft like all others is critical. Ozzie is out of mulligans and needs to hit another home run w/ a WR, TE, RB, S, CB, and LB/DE (not necessarily in that order).

If we do that, we are competitive again and the future looks bright.

he didn't give up any money but he did what was asked to help out the team. In my opinion Ngata benefitted from the Skins grossly overpaying Haynesworth and now he trying to do the same with what Suh is about to sign for. meanwhile he's been hurt during a large chunk of the deal he is on now or just not playing up to the level of the contract or both. Ngata is being an oppurtunist (sp) and thats the country we live in but simply as a fan the guy could meet us halfway just on the strength of he didn't play up to the contract he is under now.

That goes without saying about Fat Albert. Ngata having such a good season and Suh breaking the bank put him in a position to have leverage. I can't fault him.

Yeah I cant fault him either. Unless these guys plan to work post NFL this is all they got to setup their lives plus their kids. I love the people that say "well he should give a hometown discount, or he got paid so he can cut us some slack". If someone offered to double your pay for the same job you'd take it? Same concept.

i don't fault him either, i'm strictly a fan right now that is seeing all this movement around the league and the only movement coming out of Baltimore are players leaving with no hope of doing anything because our cap situation is jacked up, i had high hopes for us after last year and this is not the way i saw us starting the next NFL year. Our young guys are going to have to step up big time if we can't make some cap space.