ExtremeRavens: The Sanctuary

The Best Show You Aren't Watching

deeshopper

Supernatural

Thursdays 9pm

The CW

Yes, it is on the CW, but don't let that fool you. This show is incredible.

And if you want to see Jacob from LOST play the exact opposite, he's Lucifer on this show. And the Man in Black from LOST is one of his minions.

• Replies 120
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Im hooked on "the Pacific" right now. They are showing the battle my grandfather was in on sunday. The show offers a great look at the other part of WW2. Not germany but in thoses little Jap islands where the Real Sh*t went down.

didnt mean to jack your thread, never watched supernatural for the exact reason you mentioned in the first post, the CW. ill check it out

never watched supernatural for the exact reason you mentioned in the first post, the CW. ill check it out

I'm sure this is why a lot of people don't watch it. And The CW does a subpar job of marketing, in my opinion. A lot of times, they market it as a scary and a little cheesy. It is the furthest things from cheesy and isn't all about "monsters" like the commercials make it seem. The storytelling is incredible and the acting and top-notch. But, The CW has stuck with it, and for that I'm thankful.

This is its fifth season and has already been picked up for a sixth (maybe even a seventh!) Season one was a little rocky and I actually stopped watching it about halfway through the first season. But, I picked it up again early in season two and I'm so glad I did. In a lot of ways, I find it more intriguing than LOST because the the storytelling always progresses, you know it is progressing and still there are mysteries and answers to be had.

Dee, I don't know who the "you" is in the topic title, but my wife and I have the first 4 seasons on DVD, and we refuse to watch it on regular tv, instead waiting for the next DVD set to come and watch it marathon-style. Bonnie loves that show to death, I think it's pretty good too, and it kind of fits in with the other tv-shows we tend to collect on dvd (X-Files, Buffy/Angel and other Wheedon titles like Firefly; Closer, Bones, etc.) so, we left off at the end of our season 4 box set, waiting for lucifer to arrive... I won't read the rest of the posts in this thread so as not to read spoilers, but that show's a winner in my book. I love how in most episodes Dean will invariable utter the "SOB", and I wait for those moments.

Millz, season 5 is on DVD. I picked up all the seasons available at Best Buy a couple weeks ago. They were on sale for $10! Can't beat that. I'm so glad you watch it! I didn't think anyone on the forum did, other than my convert, Spen. :)

Millz, season 5 is on DVD. I picked up all the seasons available at Best Buy a couple weeks ago. They were on sale for $10! Can't beat that. I'm so glad you watch it! I didn't think anyone on the forum did, other than my convert, Spen. :)

Dag, $10?! My wife'll be angry if she pays more, but I won't tell her, usually she's happy with anything under $20. Yeah, Dean's food consumption is a source of entertainment to Bonnie and I, we both appreciate good appetites. I liked Ruby's character, but I'm more glad she's gone b/c I couldn't bear to watch anything psuedo-sexual with Sam, kinda takes away from the show IMO, where as Dean's exploits are, like his food, kinda jokes.

I watched the first 4 seasons over last christmas. I was hooked by the end of the 1st season. It was a little slow to start but it picked up again by the end of the 1st season and the 2nd season is great.

I love the humor, the actors are great and the storylines and main story arch is amazing.

My favorite episodes are the trickster/******* episodes. The stars are there because I don't want to spoil it for those that haven't got to the episode with a twist involving the trickster.

Great show and one of my favorites on tv right now. Glad they got a 6th season to drag out the Lucifer story arch which has been great.

Oh yah! Another Supernatural fan. Awesome! I'm trying to remember the trickster episode you're referring to and I can't. Hmm. I'll have to think of it some more. My absolute favorite episode is In My Time of Dying. I heart Dean. :)

Oh yah! Another Supernatural fan. Awesome! I'm trying to remember the trickster episode you're referring to and I can't. Hmm. I'll have to think of it some more. My absolute favorite episode is In My Time of Dying. I heart Dean. :)

I know one of the Trickster episodes is in season 4 when dean gets caught in that dying-every-day loop with Sam and sam has to figure out how the heck to get out of the loop, is that called "In My Time of dying"? It'd make sense I guess, I just can't remember the title, but that episode is great except for all of the obvious rewinding. But another great episode is the one where (is it?) "the kids are alright", and Dean thinks (briefly) he might have an illegitimate son? And he acts quite like he does? crazy. anyhoo, I'm rambling...

@millz: Nah, In My Time Of Dying was the season 2 finale, I think it was. Where Dean is visited by the reaper while he's in a coma, and John sacrifices himself to the YED.

@RavenMad: I remember that episode. Good one. I'm going to have to go back and watch it because I don't remember the twist! ARGH!

Dee, how could you forget Dr Sexy Md?

I liked "What Is, And What Should Never Be" where a demon seemingly transports Dean to a time where his mother never died. Seeing him so happy even mowing (well trying) the lawn to the sounds of Joey Ramones cover of What A Wonderful World makes me smile every time.

I like the current season but I do hope this storyline ends this year and they move on next season. Though I worry that Misha Collins wouldnt be in it then, and I like him.

I loved that Dean knew all the characters from Dr. Sexy! LOL. What Is was another heartbreaking episode. I love me some Dean, Lord knows I do!

Not sure this storyline won't carry into next season. We've hardly even seen Lucifer this season, so there's gonna be a big rumble for the finale. Can't wait for Thursday's episode. Either way, I think Mischa will be back next season. He's fallen remember...can't return.

@millz: Nah, In My Time Of Dying was the season 2 finale, I think it was. Where Dean is visited by the reaper while he's in a coma, and John sacrifices himself to the YED.

okay, but I love that episode where Dean gets killed off by car, piano, choking, shooting, etc. over and over... and the trickster is at the heart of it. unexpected at that point in that season.