ExtremeRavens: The Sanctuary

Ed Retires

vmax

OMG what a pleasure and joy it was to watch this man play football.

HE WAS OUTSTANDING!

ed-reed-super-bowl.jpg

Tom isn't a cheater...no...no...nope! :nono:

ed+reed.jpged-reed-apjpg-19dbcae8f052ce70.jpg

One of the Greatest Ravens Ever.

Edited by vmax

http://www.profootballhof.com/hof/selectionprocess.aspx

Any fan may nominate any qualified person who has been connected with pro football in any capacity simply by writing to the Pro Football Hall of Fame. The only restriction is that a player and coach must have last played or coached at least five seasons before he can be considered. For example, a candidate for the 2015 class must have concluded his career not later than the 2009 season. - See more at: http://www.profootballhof.com/hof/selectionprocess.aspx#sthash.5LQe1L2x.dpuf

How Are New Enshrinees Selected?

Any fan may nominate any player, coach or contributor who has been connected with pro football simply by writing to the Pro Football Hall of Fame. The only restriction is that a player and coach must have been retired at least five years before he can be considered. There is no mandatory retirement period for a contributor before he may be considered. Every nomination of an eligible candidate received will be processed and forwarded to the Hall of Fame’s Selection Committee.

- See more at: http://www.profootballhof.com/hof/SelectionProcessFAQ.aspx#sthash.ptZWwdaP.dpuf

Then other teams should stop copying them. How about thunder sticks? They would actually prove useful instead of a towel.

I agree with you for all games except the Steelers game. I love the idea of purple towels when we play the Steelers to turn the terrible towels into Ravens colors. For all other games, ditch the towels.

Thundersticks are a cool idea. They work really well in hockey.

Ed Reed is probably my favorite Raven of all time. What I loved most about Reed was every play you felt the Ravens defense had a chance to score a touchdown. When he had the ball in his hands, his elusiveness was on an elite level. He was only 5'11, but man his strides ate up ground like he was 6'4". Reed in his prime was the definition of a playmaker.

Even when Reed lost a step, like Ray, his football IQ was off the charts which allowed him to be in the right position at the right time. Yes, his tackling ability was frustrating toward the end of his career, however, he was a great mentor to the rest of the secondary and made everyone better. Ed showed up in big games, as evident that he's the all time playoff leader in INTs and had the pick in the SB. IMO Ed's best game was the home playoff loss to Manning and the Colts. Manning was in the prime of his career and Ed picked him off twice (three times if you count the one called back due to a bogus call, and Ed had a couple of other close picks). Ed was a big part of holding that explosive Colts offense to no TDs.

Today, outside of Earl Thomas, there are not any more playmaking, ball hawking free safeties (maybe if you want to include Eric Berry or Jarious Byrd who were out last season). The NFL had three Hall of Fame talents in one generation with Reed, Polamalu and the late Sean Taylor. Every team is struggling to find a true free safety who can play center field.

I agree with you for all games except the Steelers game. I love the idea of purple towels when we play the Steelers to turn the terrible towels into Ravens colors. For all other games, ditch the towels.

Thundersticks are a cool idea. They work really well in hockey.

How about purple thundersticks? You still get the same visual.

How about purple thundersticks? You still get the same visual.

nerd.jpg"The purple veins bulging out of our foreheads and necks as we yell, can be quite intimidating."