ExtremeRavens: The Sanctuary

Camp Updates

TBird

• Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Prestons take....

Regardless of rookie Maxx Williams being a second-round draft pick, it’s hard to imagine him beating out Crockett Gillmore as the full-time starting tight end.. Williams isn’t a strong enough blocker yet. To be honest, he needs some more butt in his pants and a year in the weight room. During a one-on-one period Saturday where tight ends had to block outside linebackers, Gillmore performed well. It is apparent that the 15 to 20 pounds of bulk he added in the offseason has helped. Williams struggled and once got trucked by Pro Bowl outside linebacker Terrell Suggs. Finding a little toughness could help Williams, too. Again, the rookie who held his own was Nick Boyle, a fifth-round pick out of Delaware. He stood his ground against Courtney Upshaw and didn’t back down when Upshaw tried to intimidate him. http://www.carrollcountytimes.com/bal-mike-preston-difficult-to-see-maxx-williams-win-starting-job-and-other-thoughts-20150801-story.html

Perriman update....

Meanwhile, rookie wide receiver Breshad Perriman remains sidelined with a right knee injury. Perriman landed on his knee and bruised it badly during practice last week.

Although the injury isn't considered major, sources said it may sideline the speedy first-round draft pick longer than the Ravens had initially hoped and he could be out as long as as a week.

Perriman has missed the past two days of practice. http://www.baltimoresun.com/sports/ravens/ravens-insider/bal-ravens-wide-receiver-marlon-brown-regarded-as-day-to-day-with-back-injury-20150802-story.html

Browns out with a "day to day" back injury. It feels like the WR corps is this years version of the secondary.

A link was posted that Tally reported to camp lighter and quicker. The results posted above

are showing already. That will be a great 1-2 punch with Buck bringing up the rear.

Yanda won't get beaten like that again but I said a while back Jernigan would have sacked Brady

on his last TD throw in NE if he hadn't slipped on wet field. He has that same first step that Suggs

has. That's the difference - the first step where you blow by your blocker(s).

Then on the way by Jernigan slapped his blocker in the back with just one hand and the guy falls flat

on his face. He's closing in for the sack and slipped, damn it. We might have won but

Jernigan is going to be a great one. What a great draft - Mosley and Jernigan and Tally too.

All contributing and Campy is even having a great camp thus far running superior routes and making

catches.

Don't worry bout Maxx. He's very young and just had his first great practice moving the chains in

the red zone. Another two great picks by Oz.

From Aaron's tweets - not good.

Perriman's knee is gonna take a little longer than team thought.

Elam's injury was freakish after reporting to camp in great condition. HARBs really felt

for the guy.

Dooom won't return until he's 100% cured over his injury.

SR blew by AsA Jackson for big catch.

1. Marlon Brown (back) and Andrew Bose (undisclosed) returned to practice

2 retweets4 favorites
    Retweet2
    Favorite4
    More
  2. Breshad Perriman (knee) remains sidelined along with Elvis Dumervil (Achilles tendinitis), Matt Elam (biceps), Rashaan Melvin (undisclosed)

7 retweets2 favorites
    Retweet7
    Favorite2
    More
  3. Veterans' day off off for Chris Canty, Terrell Suggs, Daryl Smith, Steve Smith, Marshal Yanda, Kelechi Osemele, Justin Forsett

3 retweets4 favorites
    Retweet3
    Favorite4
    More
  4. Aaron Wilson retweeted

Terrell Suggs, Steve Smith among Ravens veterans with Sunday off http://bsun.md/1gC27XP

View summary2 retweets1 favorite

Prestons take....

I never saw that Preston article, but it was the first thing I told my wife when I saw Maxx at practice on Sunday.. He's big but has no real muscualr definition. Crockett and Boyle are monsters.

Gilmore is a great blocker but remember, Nick Boyle might be the best blocking TE.

Gilmore was the guy Ozzie drafted after they drafted 3 straight D guys and Kubes said I need blocking

so Ozzie drafted Gilmore. He can catch too as he iced the wild card game with a TD in Pissburgh.

Kubes has known Gilmore for years as he was college teammates on his sons team and he's from

Houston and saw all Kubes games as head coach..

Maxx is more of a receiver than blocker at this stage, I think.

The NFL Network is showing camps from every team as they go around the league so here's

a couple of updates from enemy territory.

The Bengals practices were down right terrible according to the announcer. Tons of mistakes

by almost everyone especially the secondary and front 7 and of course the QB on offense but

it's early in camp and that's why they're long.

Then they showed the Squeelers camp. It's at a nice college in southwest Penn that looks a lot

like Western MD College with the hills. They still seem to have secondary probs. Gilmore iced

the wild card with a TD on a crossing pattern and ran by everyone down the sideline.

Their top two receivers easily scored by running crisp routes from the red zone. Remember

Heywood-Bey from Maryland. They signed him last year but he didn't impress but this year he

is and scored vs that secondary. That's two easy scores in the only two plays I saw vs their

secondary.

They answered Perriman's huge size by drafting a 5'8 midget in the early rounds.

ILMAO

Bisciotti is pissed about playing in NE every year and he wants the home dates for the POs.

Ravens gotta win the division and that's their goal. Bungals are flat but it's early in camp but

Joe's been looking great while Dalton has not as far as I saw.

Ravens have one of the most beautiful bldgs and training centers. A little small compared to

the Jets new facility which cost them $75M and they have a mini stadium for their fans to see

the practices on 4.5 fields.

San Diego has a nice facility. It's a nice gorgeous low-rise building but 10 times a long as

the Castle with a fence with fans leaning vs it to watch the practices with multiple fields.

Giants have a huge new facility too and KC has a nice one, so does Cleveland. Art really

hated leaving that complex.

It still pissed me off Ravens stopped in Westminister. I went to every camp til they stopped it

during the lockout. They held it in OM and kept it there but only a few PSL holders can go at

a time.

There weren't many fans at Squeelers camp while Ravens had 15,000 - 20,000 pr day at

Westminister.

Ravens practiced at stadium in front of thousands.

Doom and Perriman remained sideline.

Elam scheduled for surgery on torn biceps. Will miss entire season.

His replacement, Kendrick Lewis intercepted Flacco's pass on final drive.

Perry intercepted Schaub's pass with the scrubs.

Rookie class looked good in pads last night.

A week from Thursday is the 1st preseason game. :gorave:

Really looking forward to it even though it's preseason. It seems like this off season has been sooooo long. We made a lot of good moves during it, I think, and I'm hoping to see some talent on display even if outcome is meaningless.

Really looking forward to it even though it's preseason. It seems like this off season has been sooooo long. We made a lot of good moves during it, I think, and I'm hoping to see some talent on display even if outcome is meaningless.

Nice.

Twitter notes from MIkie Prestone. Aarons are on Houston Texans.

Mikie was surprised as hell with Brady's suspension. Kraft needs to shut up and

take the punishment.

Mikie is unimpressed with Maxx and doesn't see how he is first strIng.

CAVEAT: LAST ARTICLE BY EISENBERG SAID MAXX HAD HIS BEST PRACTICE YET AND

MOVED HE CHAINS IN THE RED ZONE AS ADVERTIZED.

Mikie is impressed with Nick Boyle, TE from Delaware and says he will surprise people.

He's tough blocker, has good hands and can catch and might be the best blocking

TE on team.

Gilmore is way ahead of Maxx for 1st TE position.

Suggs reports in better shape than the last camp - leaner and meaner as he still has

that first step explosion.

Ravens trying to talk Smith SR into taking less snaps but Ravens have to develop

someone to pick up the part SR leaves.

THAT IS ALL.

https://twitter.com/search?src=typd&q=mike%20preston

As soon as last season ended the front office was concerned about SR's age 36.

That's old in football terms and Ravens need to pace him so he doesn't burn out

early. SR thinks he's 26 the way he plays and goes at it 100% on every play.

Trouble is, there's no experience behind him and Ravens have to develop someone

like Mikie says.

Yea, just like someone said, if HARBs said he just tweeked it, you know it's more serious.

Gruden talked about one of Tuck's 60 yd FGs and said it's the speed of his hips and how

fast he turns them on the kicks. You know how those soccer style FG kickers go. Its on

how fast they turn the hips according to Gruden.