ExtremeRavens: The Sanctuary

Ravens to have plenty of cap money next year

Tornado700

Well his biggest bargaining chip is still that the threat to cut him this year is a bit of a big because dead money would save us little overall.

Though it would free money for longer contracts that are back loaded.

Well his biggest bargaining chip is still that the threat to cut him this year is a bit of a big because dead money would save us little overall.

Though it would free money for longer contracts that are back loaded.

What bargaining chip?

Joe hasn't done a thing since he won the SB. Nobody would want him, not even Jags

who just beat him with Bortles-lol.

What bargaining chip?

Joe hasn't done a thing since he won the SB. Nobody would want him, not even Jags

who just beat him with Bortles-lol.

The "chip" is that the threat of cutting him has little weight because we would save almost $0 this year by cutting him. End of next season? The savings would be substantial. But end of this season, the savings on our end are very very small. So, it would be easy for Joe to think, "there's no way they'll cut me because it serves them no purpose."

I am not really advocating anything in this, except that cutting Joe isn't really an option this year.

Personally, I think he should (and will) restructure. He'll do what they all do: take "more money" but spread over more years... and we'll wind up with the cap space we need.

Trading him? It's an option too. But I think the reality is if we trade him, someone else will renegotiate and get that cash savings. Which may be well and fine... but man would I hate to see Joe lining up under a Kubiak offense every week again... against us.

But this could end up looking like McNair in Tenn. Keep backloading and backloading and backloading and make it just worse.

Could. But many teams make it work to their advantage - move money here, shift money there... keep cap numbers reasonable, put some opt-outs, etc in there... Any signing is a gamble.

So now you don't want him to restructure? (I guess I know the overall answer to that... but between restructure, keep and cut... I have a hard time seeing cut as the best option)

Yea, Elway would want Joe teaming up with Kubes but what does their CAP

pic look like. They're still close to SB status so their SB window must be closing

too. Seatte's is.

Kubes and Joe were a force last year

and he only had 1 more weapon than this year with Torrey (many would say he

wasn't a weapon either) and SR. Now

he has nothing to work with.

Im still advocating the draft to correct things. Drafting high which Ravens haven't

done since JO, they can get what they need there and signing someone that might

be available.

Could. But many teams make it work to their advantage - move money here, shift money there... keep cap numbers reasonable, put some opt-outs, etc in there... Any signing is a gamble.

So now you don't want him to restructure? (I guess I know the overall answer to that... but between restructure, keep and cut... I have a hard time seeing cut as the best option)

Yeah many teams keep staying in cap trouble because they don't work the cap well.

Joe is 7th in the NFL in Passing Yards....Cam Newton 21st...

http://espn.go.com/nfl/statistics/player/_/stat/passing/sort/passingYards/year/2015/seasontype/2

Joe is 22nd in QB rating. Right next to Cam Newton, who some media experts say should be an MVP candidate. Serious

http://espn.go.com/nfl/statistics/player/_/stat/passing/sort/quarterbackRating

Now the Panthers are 9-0.

Maybe Joe's not the weak point. Maybe it's the team.

Just saying....

and anybody who wants to let Harbaugh and Joe go, then please tell who you pick replace them and how their replacement will be better.

Thank you

Man, you think you got it bad.

I lost my girl friend not to mention all that good sex and stuff and then she bans me

from Looney's to boot so I can't watch the games in there with my friends.

Then the Ravens go south on me so there's no escape mechanism.

Damn, these are the worse 3 months of my life-lol.

I agree that poor personnel and some pretty bad luck with injuries have ruined this season. But, Joe has also contributed to this with some awful mistakes. Interceptions, fumbles, etc. I'm a long time fan of Joe's and I can tell you this. He ain't going nowhere. He will not be cut nor traded. And his agent doesn't make the final decision, Joe does. I know one thing for sure. Joe loves playing in Baltimore and is going to want to stay to turn this ship around. And he'll start by renegotiating his contract out of a sense of loyalty to his team and his fans. Count on it.

Nado

That's all fine and dandy that we think Joe likes where he's at, but from my point of view watching the games, I seen a whole lot of empty purple seats the last two home games. So not everyone shares your view.

And as far as him leaving and going elsewhere, Joe's not looked up to as Brook's, Johnny, Cal, Ray are.those guys set roots in Baltimore. Joe is on social media, he sees the cat calls.

I can see the lightbulb over the horseface fuckers head now, reuniting Joe and Kubes, the donkeys have a Superbowl caliber defense that is quite young.

Don't be surprised if we are not drafting a qb with our top pick.

Nado

That's all fine and dandy that we think Joe likes where he's at, but from my point of view watching the games, I seen a whole lot of empty purple seats the last two home games. So not everyone shares your view.

And as far as him leaving and going elsewhere, Joe's not looked up to as Brook's, Johnny, Cal, Ray are.those guys set roots in Baltimore. Joe is on social media, he sees the cat calls.

I can see the lightbulb over the horseface fuckers head now, reuniting Joe and Kubes, the donkeys have a Superbowl caliber defense that is quite young.

Don't be surprised if we are not drafting a qb with our top pick.

Couple points here Crave. Some rebuttal.

1.) Those seats in Baltimore are not empty because of Joe. Losing is a TEAM concept.

2.)Nobody on this entire thread has said or believes that Joe Flacco is in the same stature of Brooks, Johnny U., Cal and Ray.

3.)I would bet my house against Joe leaving for Denver.

I stick to my previous words and am absolutely convinced he's staying right here.

Oh no doubt I hope he stays put, I'm really concerned about the contract renegotiation. When you fail ad a team fingers point at the qb, that's just the nature of the beast. How many first round picks has Cleveland wasted on a qb? Just hope the Bicquit is fair to Joe, and on the other hand hope Joe is equally fair in what he wants money wise.

Crave- I think both have a rep of being very fair. One of the reasons Joe got what he wanted the first time around was because Bisciotti was loving life at the time. He basically handed Joe his checkbook. Times are now a different my friend.