ExtremeRavens: The Sanctuary

EVERYBODY VOTE!

vmax

PLEASE!

Let's change the Ravens Fight Song.

The Ravens have had a fight song that was all theirs since 1998, when John Modell expertly penned the “Ravens Fight Song” heard at M&T Bank Stadium when the purple and black score.

But it hasn’t really caught on with fans the way the team had hoped.

The Ravens have been looking for a song that will keep fans on their feet after a touchdown or a big win, something the Baltimore Colts had with the original “Colts Fight Song.”

Out of respect for the Colts’ history in Maryland, the Ravens did not adopt that song when the team began in 1996.

Now, the Ravens organization has suggested a return to Maryland’s football roots with a Ravens update.

With the help of his bandmates, longtime director of the Marching Ravens John Ziemann came up with “The Baltimore Fight Song” featuring new Ravens lyrics set to the “Baltimore Colts Fight Song” tune.

http://blogs.baltimoreravens.com/2010/08/05/vote-on-the-ravens-fight-song/

I hate the current one.

Click the above link and you can hear the 'new Ravens lyrics set to the “Baltimore Colts Fight Song” tune'.

louie_louie.gif

Guest BallTMore

I voted for the new/old Colts song. I doubt I'll sing either one, but what the hell.

I prefer the "woo-hoo" or even "I love rock-and-roll" that they play now for touchdowns.

Coming out of the locker-rooms to 'Bulls on Parade' is pretty sweet, too.

I voted for the new/old Colts song. I doubt I'll sing either one, but what the hell.

I prefer the "woo-hoo" or even "I love rock-and-roll" that they play now for touchdowns.

Coming out of the locker-rooms to 'Bulls on Parade' is pretty sweet, too.

I LOVE the woo-hoo. I feel like that's the most exciting thing they could do.

The old fight song had a lot of pzazzz and was easy to sing. I'd like to see the old tune with the new words. The biggest plus is its a tie to our old Baltimore football roots which shouldn't be forgotten just because the Colts are in Indianapolis now.

The old fight song had a lot of pzazzz and was easy to sing. I'd like to see the old tune with the new words. The biggest plus is its a tie to our old Baltimore football roots which shouldn't be forgotten just because the Colts are in Indianapolis now.

The old song is an outdated relic from a moved team whose glory days were50 years ago, there is no reason to continue to pander to old fans.

And really the most important thing is that the newer song is much better, but it will lose because of people with their heads stuck in the past, to a musty old song written for a team thats been in another city for almost 30 years.

Dang!

You mean you guys don't like the tune? I think it's way better.

For those of you who don't go to games you never hear either one anyway....not on TV.

Every game the Ravens band plays the current fight song while marching down the field and we have to sit and watch...at least give us something with a little more life.

While I'm at it, I'm sick of being forced to sing "I'm proud to be an American(which I am)" before every game 10 times a year...year after year. Time to end that.

Anyway...I'm not stuck in the past but that is a Baltimore song and I'm Baltimore to the Bone.

Now tell us how you really feel.

:)

I try.

And Max, I agree about "Proud To Be An American", I hate that song. Appreciate the sentiment, but hate the song. And I really do like the current Raven's fight song a lot better.

Cravn, I think generally some people are focused too much on the past, particularly here in regards to football, and do not appreciate what they have in the present. That's just my 2 cents.

I don't care either way about the fight song....Four things though:

Mischeal Miller stays

The Proud to be an American song is old

Never get rid of "In the Air" during stretching

Need to better Prelude into Ravens players intros....I really liked the old Gladiator theme. Last two years just wasn't pumped up enough.

But as long as Ray is out there, doing his dance, I don't care either way REALLY :)