ExtremeRavens: The Sanctuary

Potty Mouth Rex

vmax

Good thing that none of us talk like Rex...

Dungy, a former NFL coach and current analyst for NBC, told the radio host that he wouldn’t hire “somebody like” Ryan who constantly curses. Ryan’s potty mouth was on full display last week in Episode 1 of “Hard Knocks: Training Camp with the New York Jets”.

“It’s hard for me to be around that,” Dungy told Patrick. “If I were in charge, no, I wouldn’t hire somebody like that.

“I’ve been around f-bombs, so it’s not like it’s new. I don’t think that has to be part of your every-minute, everyday vocabulary to get your point across.”

Patrick asked Dungy if Commissioner Roger Goodell should intervene because Ryan is representing the NFL.

“I would hope he does,” Dungy said. “I don’t know that he will or not. I don’t think the league needs that. I don’t think our young people need to hear that that’s the way it’s done to be successful because it doesn’t have to be that way.”

http://blogs.nfl.com/2010/08/17/concerning-ryan-hire-a-four-letter-word-to-dungy/?module=HP_headlines

"Hey Dungy!"

220x166-top_rex_finger.jpg

Guest BallTMore

Rex comes across as a kid that just learned his first dirty words. There really was no need for his constant cursing.

I have no problem with cursing, but Rex was getting annoying.

And no, Goodell doesn't need to intervene.

I have ZERO issue with Rex. What he did is not unlike what happens in most NFL meetings. The only thing is this was put on TV. Also this is not what kept him from getting the job here. I would say Billick is what kept him out. He was in that staff and the players wanted him so they wanted a new message so Harbs was brought in.

• 3 weeks later...