ExtremeRavens: The Sanctuary

Troy Smith could play whole game Thursday

vmax

The Ravens will sit Flacco and probably Bulger...

"Yeah, I'm not going to play at all," Flacco said

It's likely that key starters such as Anquan Boldin, Derrick Mason, Ray Rice, Ray Lewis and Terrell Suggs will not play against the Rams.

Backup quarterback Marc Bulger could be another guy to get the night off on Thursday. The longtime Rams quarterback has gotten a good amount of action this preseason, and the Ravens might not want to risk an injury to their high-priced, reliable backup, even if Bulger has a chance to face his former team.

If Bulger does indeed not play, Troy Smith would get the full four quarters to try and earn a roster spot, be it with the Ravens or one of the other 31 NFL teams.

http://www.masnsports.com/dan_kolko/2010/08/flacco-will-not-play-in-preseason-finale.html

185022260-28223459.JPG

The Ravens will sit Flacco and probably Bulger...

185022260-28223459.JPG

Hey Max, can we borrow John Beck (from the Skins) for 1 night ? Hell, we gave up Beck - a 2nd rounder and arguably a legit NFL backup - for a Doug Dutch. Now that we ditched Dutch, we essentially got "zero" for Beck. I am still mystified.

Although I've had a lot of negative comments about Troy as a QB, I hope he has the best game of his NFL career Thursday night. He had a good night Saturday playing with the 3's and 4's.

I'll be rooting for him.

The real question: We are keeping Troy Smith on the roster because ................?

Because he has nekid pictures of Harbs and the receptionist at 1 Winning Dr...Thats all I can think of why hes on the roster, TS made Boller like like Unitas.

furst.jpg "You're so kind crav."