ExtremeRavens: The Sanctuary

Reed to start season on PUP

Guest BallTMore

Guest BallTMore

Wnst text. Jason La Caforna reports Ed Reed will start season on PUP list. Will miss first six games.

Good thing we have Zibby and Haruki. They should fill in fine.

I am with Max here. Hopefully a servicable safety gets cut today or we might get stuck with Hamlin. He seemm not to like contact, a bad vice for a safety

Being that Hamlin is a vested veteran, I think he gets cut, same with Fisher. I think we are solid with Landry, Zibby, and Hakumara. Zibby and Hakumara can play both safety positions. So if someone goes down, one of them can fill in and we will just sign a guy next week. Hamlin has had a bad camp and preseason so he's no loss at all. We have too many solid players at other positions to carry Hamlin.

Here's my theory on the Reed situation: Harbaugh has had enough of his crap! Reed ran his mouth all offseason with how hurt he was. Then we hear the other day how Reed told Harbaugh, Ozzie, and co. how he was good to play. Wait a second here, did Reed just want to miss training camp? Seems like Harbaugh was having none of that. Sure Reed may be good enough to play, but after all the talking he did on how hurt he was, no way Harbaugh was going to let him out there to push it. Sorry Ed, but Harbaugh called your bluff, you said you could miss the first six games, now you're actually missing them!

Guest BallTMore

Interesting, but If that were the case then I would like Harbaugh fired immediately.

I think If Ed were healthy he would be suiting up week 1. I don't think Harbaugh is trying to prove how tough he is as a coach by placing Ed on the PUP.

And as vocal as Ed has been recently, I'm sure we would have heard about him being "benched" by now.

Zib and Haruki are fine replacements, but they're not Ed Reed. You can't convince me that this team is better without #20 on the field.

Interesting, but If that were the case then I would like Harbaugh fired immediately. I think If Ed were healthy he would be suiting up week 1. I don't think Harbaugh is trying to prove how tough he is as a coach by placing Ed on the PUP.

And as vocal as Ed has been recently, I'm sure we would have heard about him being "benched" by now.

Zib and Haruki are fine replacements, but they're not Ed Reed. You can't convince me that this team is better without #20 on the field.

Agreed.. And we still have more than 20 players from the Billick era. An impressive number considering you add 5-10 rookies each year + FAs. He still has to explain to Ozzie and Steve. No way he can make silly statements like that with a potential Hofer, no matter how deserving and temptating it is.

Interesting, but If that were the case then I would like Harbaugh fired immediately.

I think If Ed were healthy he would be suiting up week 1. I don't think Harbaugh is trying to prove how tough he is as a coach by placing Ed on the PUP.

That is not the point. Reed may be healthy enough to play. The point is that Ed all offseason complained about how important his long-term health is and that he wants a new contract to offset the risks of playing with this sort of injury. Then he tells the Ravens he is good to play even though he said earlier he was not sure if he'd be ready for the first game. No way Harbaugh and Ozzie were going to fall for that trap and let Ed play when he was not 100%. This is why Harbaugh stressed the word honest when he summarized his conversation with Ed. Because Ed was clearly not being honest and upright before about his injury. He just didn't want to go to training camp. Sure, Ed could play, but it would be no different than the end of last year.