ExtremeRavens: The Sanctuary

Seven-step drop: Flacco mechanics, more

cravnravn

Baltimore Ravens quarterback Joe Flacco's mechanics look off. Flacco usually has one of the smoothest throwing motions in the NFL. But his footwork and follow-through were unusually shaky in Sunday's 15-10 loss to the Cincinnati Bengals. It's part of what led to Flacco's career-high four interceptions. With the exception of one touchdown drive in the third quarter, Flacco never looked comfortable in the pocket and often threw off his back foot. That impacts accuracy and velocity, and Flacco, who has a very strong arm, lacked both on many throws. This week, Baltimore's coaching staff should get back to the basics with Flacco and remind the young quarterback of what made him successful.

http://sports.espn.go.com/blog/afcnorth/post/_/id/17805/seven-step-drop-38

Crav,

Do you think we can work a deal with the Raiders and give em Zorn for Hue Jackson. I dont really see where Zorn is contributing- seems more like subtraction by addition or just too many cooks.

Either way, Cam and the offensive staff just need to let Joe play. He's getting that "deer in the headlight" look.

He just needs to return to raven offense - pound the rock, mix in some play action, and dont become so damn pass happy.

Since we have Pittsburgh next weekend, we need to re-establish our running game NOW!!!! Joe will be running for his freakin life in Pittsburgh unless we have some sort of running attack. Its time to unleash the 3 headed monster against Cleveland this Sunday.

I agree Va, why we even need Zorn is a puzzle, its like hes teaching him all new dance steps out there..I hated the signing back in the spring, and now Im doublely hating the signing of Zorn.

I dont want to unleas the 3 headed monster Sunday, I want Joe to throw for 350 yards and 4 td's..

I agree Va, why we even need Zorn is a puzzle, its like hes teaching him all new dance steps out there..I hated the signing back in the spring, and now Im doublely hating the signing of Zorn.

I dont want to unleas the 3 headed monster Sunday, I want Joe to throw for 350 yards and 4 td's..

Maybe Zorn would be better suited for Dancing with the Stars, eh ?

Dont entirely agree on the holding back the 3 H monster. We need both really. Thats our current problem- our idenitity (in just 2 games) is a passing team. We need balance; cant unleash the beast on Squealers if the beast doesnt get some appreciable work against the Browns.

Guest BallTMore

The Zorn theory is interesting, and may be something to watch as the season goes on.

If I recall correctly, Jason Campbell had a pretty good season, then fell apart when Zorn was named the coach.

Flacco just seems off this season. His mechanics are puzzling.

I'm curious to know if Jim tried to tweak them this offseason.

matheson.jpg...Here's my "From Left Field" theory...

Remember the huge sandwich hit Joe took on his first snap? He was crushed. Wiped Out for the day. Well that actually hurt him, stiffened him up and affected his throwing mechanics.

Like last year, when he wouldn't let anybody know how badly he was hurt...well...he's doing the same thing now.

He silently is keeping his mouth shut while getting bashed...call it a second beating.

Well...having said that...I feel like shit for bad mouthing that brave, young man.

BmoreHon and Max,

I think you both have valid points. Joe was crushed on that first play. It must have felt awful and maybe it did screw him up for the game. And I too have thought they have too many guys giving input to Flacco. That can confuse anyone. Of course, the question is, whom do you do listen to?