ExtremeRavens: The Sanctuary

Harbs to be fined by the NFL

cravnravn

Baltimore head coach John Harbaugh will be fined for making contact with an official during the Ravens' loss at Cincinnati on Sunday, a league source told ESPN NFL Insider Adam Schefter.

Harbaugh touched the official after a fourth-quarter play in which Ravens linebacker Terrell Suggs was penalized for how he tackled Carson Palmer on an attempted sack, resulting in a first down. The play came on a drive to Mike Nugent's fourth field goal, which put the Bengals ahead to stay in a 15-10 win.

http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/news/story?id=5597462

I was surprised to see that he didn't get a flag or get ejected, too. That said, I think it does go to show a level of professionalism and respect among coaches and officials. I think Billick would have been flagged/kicked out for the same move.

That's not meant to be a shot at Billick. But I think it goes to an understanding the Harbs is not making attacks personal or obscene, and the officials respect his view. Even as it happened, you could see the official he was talking to kind of say "I understand" (your point, if not agreeing it was/wasnt a penalty)

I was surprised to see that he didn't get a flag or get ejected, too. That said, I think it does go to show a level of professionalism and respect among coaches and officials. I think Billick would have been flagged/kicked out for the same move.

That's not meant to be a shot at Billick. But I think it goes to an understanding the Harbs is not making attacks personal or obscene, and the officials respect his view. Even as it happened, you could see the official he was talking to kind of say "I understand" (your point, if not agreeing it was/wasnt a penalty)

I agree, but I think something like that should be called evenly across the board no matter who does it. Didn't Harbs get a penalty last year for arguing on the field, something Cowher did all the time and never got called?

They can't even call roughing the passer evenly, but I guess that's why Harbaugh was so pissed. The Rust Buckets picked up Vince Young this past weekend and dropped him on his head - no flag. I can't imagine the consequences if the Suggs had done this to Palmer or Brady. He would be banned from the league.

They can't even call roughing the passer evenly, but I guess that's why Harbaugh was so pissed. The Rust Buckets picked up Vince Young this past weekend and dropped him on his head - no flag. I can't imagine the consequences if the Suggs had done this to Palmer or Brady. He would be banned from the league.

Yup, the NFL protects 100 million dollar QB's...Why Palmer is in that group is beyond me...