ExtremeRavens: The Sanctuary

Ravens--Tampa game

cravnravn

That really sucks. Hate late home games. It's not for the fans...it's for the TV revenue.

It's one thing to put Redskin fans out in the cold rain on a late Monday night to sit in horror as the Eagles open up 28-0 in the 1st quarter...35-0 a minute later...they deserve that. The nation deserved a good laugh before heading to work Monday. This I understand.

But...this is the Baltimore Ravens, a real NFL franchise. You don't inconvenience Ravens fans.

"Unlike that team to the South, We're under 40 years of age and don't fall off of bar stools."

129369100-12215849.JPG

Edited by vmax

Bucs are pitching a shut out on the Troy Smith led 439'ers. Up 21-0.

Troy is 13/26 for 127 yards..a 4.9ypp for 0 TD's 1 Int and a 48.1 QB rating.

The Bucs will be more troublesome than the Panthers. Bucs are playing for their playoff lives.

Bucs are pitching a shut out on the Troy Smith led 439'ers. Up 21-0.

Troy is 13/26 for 127 yards..a 4.9ypp for 0 TD's 1 Int and a 48.1 QB rating.

The Bucs will be more troublesome than the Panthers. Bucs are playing for their playoff lives.

Bucs will be more troublesome than the Panthers. Ya think ?

If we play anything like we did today against the Bucs, we will be smoked next Sunday. Our byes, easy games, sleepwalking games are offcially over for 2010. No pansies left on the schedule.

Its time for this team to wake up. Now !!!

Guest BallTMore

If we play anything like we did today against the Bucs, we will be smoked next Sunday.

Overreacting a bit. Even when we have played as poorly as you can play, we have still managed to fight our way back into games.

The Bucs are alright, but I don't fear them smoking us.

Bucs will be alot tougher then many will realize. They have a back who plays big and we cannot stop big backs as well.

Also... 4pm home game... i dont like it. For some reason i have a bad memory of a evening home game, what is our home record for 4pm games?????

Yea I am so glad the Bucs smoked the 49ers yesterday. Now, hopefully the Ravens won't overlook them. They are 7-3 just like us and their QB scares the shit out of me. He can make the big plays over the top and our secondary isn't exactly playing shut down football right now.

Then, as DMK said, you have to worry about Blount in the run game.

Freeman, Mike Williams, and Kellen Winslow definitely present an interesting matchup for us, and LeGarrette Blount is a big back that could give us trouble like Peyton Hillis did. But the Bucs have been terrible against higher-level competition and have had a *** I'm stupid for thinking this game is easy *** schedule. The combined winning percentage of six teams they have beat (Panthers twice): .364 (16-44). Their three loses have come from the Steelers, Saints, and Falcons. They have lost by an average of about 19 points. They shouldn't be slept on, but we do well against lower-level competition.

I'm fully expecting a win. I don't think it will be a blowout, but I believe we will be in control throughout the game.

Guest JoshFreeman

Freeman, Mike Williams, and Kellen Winslow definitely present an interesting matchup for us, and LeGarrette Blount is a big back that could give us trouble like Peyton Hillis did. But the Bucs have been terrible against higher-level competition and have had a *** I'm stupid for thinking this game is easy *** schedule. The combined winning percentage of six teams they have beat (Panthers twice): .364 (16-44). Their three loses have come from the Steelers, Saints, and Falcons. They have lost by an average of about 19 points. They shouldn't be slept on, but we do well against lower-level competition.

I'm fully expecting a win. I don't think it will be a blowout, but I believe we will be in control throughout the game.

Although your stats are correct, we are a completely different team now than when we lost to the Steelers and Saints. We played the Falcons hard the entire game and only lost by 6 points. That game came down the final play of the game and we lost by half a yard. From that game on we have been a different team on both sides of the ball.

When we lost to the steelers and saints Blount was not our featured back and hardly touched the ball. Both of those games were over in the first quarter and it was obvious our team was over matched mentally. Since then we have shown mental toughness even when we are losing. I think the Raven's should win this game but I think it will be a game that will be up for grabs until the 4th quarter.

Another thing. Yes our rush defense has been pretty terrible but over the past 4 games we have gotten much better. We shut down frank gore last week and contained Atlanta, Arizona, and Carolina on the ground. Many of the opponents we have been facing have had sub par quarterbacks leading them to rush much more than pass adding to the disparity in rushing Vs passing yards we have giving up.

the bucs are also 4 and 1 on the road this year. Hostile environments seem to give the team a us against the world mentality.

If you have any questions about the bucs from a true fan let me know. Nice board you guys have.

Although your stats are correct, we are a completely different team now than when we lost to the Steelers and Saints. We played the Falcons hard the entire game and only lost by 6 points. That game came down the final play of the game and we lost by half a yard. From that game on we have been a different team on both sides of the ball.

When we lost to the steelers and saints Blount was not our featured back and hardly touched the ball. Both of those games were over in the first quarter and it was obvious our team was over matched mentally. Since then we have shown mental toughness even when we are losing. I think the Raven's should win this game but I think it will be a game that will be up for grabs until the 4th quarter.

Another thing. Yes our rush defense has been pretty terrible but over the past 4 games we have gotten much better. We shut down frank gore last week and contained Atlanta, Arizona, and Carolina on the ground. Many of the opponents we have been facing have had sub par quarterbacks leading them to rush much more than pass adding to the disparity in rushing Vs passing yards we have giving up.

the bucs are also 4 and 1 on the road this year. Hostile environments seem to give the team a us against the world mentality.

If you have any questions about the bucs from a true fan let me know. Nice board you guys have.

Thanks a bunch for the info! Definitely very interesting about the Falcons game, I didn't know that. Believe me, I am not sleeping on you guys at all. I love Mike Williams. He is a guy that us fans, Ozzie Newsome and the Ravens were very high on coming into the draft. He was a guy we were targeting in round 2. Arrelious Benn is another guy I liked a lot as well. He is a local kid, and I am sure he will be highly motivated to have a big game playing so close to home. I see a lot of Joe Flacco in Josh Freeman, and Blount is a very physical back who could certainly give us trouble.

With all that said, I just don't think your talent across the board matches up with the Ravens and the Ravens do a very good job of beating up on teams that are not as talented as we are. I know the Bucs are 4-1 on the road, but we heard the same road warrior mentality about the previously 3-0 Dolphins on the road. On the flip side, the Ravens are 16-2 at home under John Harbaugh the past three seasons. Teams have a lot of trouble playing at the Bank, and our team really thrives playing at home.

Would I be surprised if the Bucs won? A little, but I could see it happen. Cover 2 has given our offense trouble, although Joe has had a lot of success the past few weeks against it. Then a physical back like Blount and a speedy receiver like Williams could definitely cause problems on defense for us. Nevertheless, I expect our offense to control the ball (as you mentioned you guys let up 136.5 rush yards per game, 29th in the league) while Flacco works at his best off of the play-action. So even if you guys control the run, it should be enough for us to get the advantage on the TOP and make some plays off of play-action. However, if your defense can force some turnovers and get off the field on third downs, you never know...