ExtremeRavens: The Sanctuary

Game Thoughts

vmax

The Ravens left a lot of big plays and points on the field from my vantage point. Bouldin and TJ were open deep regularly and Joe didn't try to get them the ball.

The Refs saved the Bucs from embarrassment but the Bucs were never in the game. I thought Freeman was a better QB but he really threw some garbage.

"We fooled the shit out of them on that play!"

57943138.jpg

The Ravens left a lot of big plays and points on the field from my vantage point. Bouldin and TJ were open deep regularly and Joe didn't try to get them the ball.

The Refs saved the Bucs from embarrassment but the Bucs were never in the game. I thought Freeman was a better QB but he really threw some garbage.

"We fooled the shit out of them on that play!"

57943138.jpg

Because they didn't complain last week. The squeaky wheel gets the grease. Almost half of Joes pass attempts were to Mason.

At times Bouldin had a linebacker on him! That's 6 points every time.

Whatever...Joe said Mason was one on one and he had to play pitch and catch...it was too easy.

Freeman reminded me of Derrick Anderson.

You know...the D looked decent today. There were some tackling lapse's...

Overall I am pretty happy with the game today. I'd be very happy if they had gotten some points in the 2nd half, even a FG. I know a couple of calls went against them, or were not made, but even a FG ices the win earlier.

Joe had a good day, I cannot fault him for not finding targets if his primary is not open, the last few weeks he has numerous times.

Nice job by Rice and the line in running out the clock.

I think we need to get Boldin the ball more. Hes a great player who isn't being used to his potential in my opinion.

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2010/11/28/aqib-talib-and-official-exchange-heated-words-after-game/

Sunday’s action for Bucs cornerback Aqib Talib didn’t end with the Bucs’ loss to the Ravens.

According to multiple writers for the Bucs, Talib and an official yelled at each other after the game, with obscenities flying in both directions. Talib was apparently upset with a pass interference call against teammate Myron Lewis.

Stephen Holder of the St. Petersburg Times said the official told Talib “you played like —–”.

According to Rick Stroud of the same paper, Talib responded “I’ll (hit) you in your b—- a– mouth.”

Talib did not speak to reporters after the game, but we suspect he may hear from the NFL soon enough. The official in question may as well.

http://www.nfl.com/videos/nfl-cant-miss-plays/09000d5d81c7aef4/Talib-makes-unbelievable-INT-with-his-legs

I guess the official missed this.

They were eating the clock in the 2nd half. I am sure they felt confident the Bucs could not do anything.

Maybe so, but you wont convince me that they were content coming out of the locker room to sit on the lead they had. Either way I am happy, I would have just been a little happier with something offensively the second half.

I thought it was a strong effort and solid team win.

As usuaul there are concerns...

"The second quarter was huge for us," Flacco said. "Without that, we weren't able to accomplish too much."

True...it's a 'hot/cold' Ravens offense.

3rd down conversions are a real problem...3 for 12!

Tackling was poor.

Guest BallTMore

Saw the few plays where Housh was open. Last year it was Heap running open that Joe didn't see, this year it's Housh. Can't blame him for being a bit frustrated. Housh is doing his job.

I didn't see Heap wide open on his 65yd TD. I was looking at one of the outside receivers when Joe threw the ball and thought, "Where the hell is he throwing that? Oh shi...HEEEEEEEAP"

I thought for sure Heap was going to be caught from behind, and I think Heap thought the same. lol He was tucking the ball and waiting to fall over and land on his head (Like he always does) but the tackle never came. Awesome play!

I'm still wondering why McGahee gets so many touches. Not that I don't think he should, but it's confusing to watch and certainly doesn't help rhythm.

Just a guess...they were saving Ray for now...this final stretch...December, January ect. He looks fresh and healthy.

Unable to put another team away before the fourth quarter, the Ravens watched Tampa Bay pull to within 17-10 on a leaping 5-yard touchdown grab by tight end Kellen Winslow with 3:05 remaining in the game.

The Ravens' offense took possession knowing the team's defense has given up three game-tying or -winning drives in the final two minutes of regulation this season. This time, running back Ray Rice wasn't going to give the ball back.

Rice gained 40 yards on that final drive (29 rushing and 11 receiving) and produced the three first downs needed to finish off the Buccaneers (7-4), who still haven't beaten a winning team.

Pounding the ball against the NFL's 29th-ranked run defense was a feat, considering the Ravens didn't have Oher (sprained knee, third quarter) and McClain (sprained ankle, second quarter).

http://www.baltimoresun.com/sports/ravens/bs-sp-ravens-buccaneers-1129-20101128,0,3331937.story

I think the rythmn thing is more a product of the O line not run blocking as well as last year. Having Oher and Chester out hurts. They miss Gaither too.

Edited by vmax

Oniel Cousins did a good job filling in for #74.

We only scored 17 point. Something is just not right here. To much talent on this team to only score 17 vs the Bucs.

Like papa said, they played conservative in the 2nd half. Up 14 with a patchwork offensive line, and after giving up 4 sacks they didn't see a need to hang Joe out to dry. They were content with screens and quick throws. I am not concerned with the 17 pt output - plus the officials yanked 7 from us.