ExtremeRavens: The Sanctuary

The Anderson explosion

papasmurfbell

http://www.nfl.com/videos/arizona-cardinals/09000d5d81c89a4b/Whisenhunt-on-Anderson-s-tirade

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jErsW7rgHBs

I watched the game last night (Maybe the NFL can pay me for that lost time). I saw him laughing and didn't think to much about it. I could see the OL say something like "Want to get away" from the snickers ads to lighten the mood. Over an hour and a half later being that it was a throw away moment you could not have remembered it at all. Then the reported ambushes him. I can see the original question but he kept prying. Anderson went to far but the reporter was being an ass.

The reporter was pushing him and badgering him. They should be fired or not allowed to interview players.

And rob us of classic moments like that? I live in Arizona and watched the game. No QB worth his salt should have been laughing at that moment. The reporter rightfully called Derek out on it, which immediately wadded his panties into a bunch, and he stormed out like a little girl who just got her Barbie jacked.

I'm sorry, but no one has any idea what was being said at that moment, so saying that he shouldn't be laughing is totally ridiculous. So is asking why he was laughing.

Continually asking for context after his explosion, though, was just asinine.

Excuse me. It's about a professional mindset! When you're team is getting it's butt kicked, and you are a major cause of it, you could hear the funniest joke ever told, and you shouldn't crack so much as a fucking smile.

Would you be happy after the Bengals beat the Ravens in our last meeting, and seeing Flacco laughing it up on the bench as the game clock wound down after the interceptions he threw? I think not.

As far as the reporter repeatedly asking him for explanation for his juvenile action on the sideline, I side with him. Keep asking until he answers like a man, or runs away.

There is something to be said for gallows humor. I can absolutely see that happening in that situation.

Agreed! There are some times at work I want to freaking cry but all I can do is laugh with a co-worker that I connect with. This guy was bonding with a teammate. It should have never gotten on tape, let a lone been questioned. Screw you media.

There is something to be said for gallows humor. I can absolutely see that happening in that situation.

Okay, I'm game. Give me a line from that situation that could be remotely funny enough to laugh at while you're the butt of the joke. Give it your best shot, because you seem to be a comedian around here. Seriously, throw down a laugh or two papa.

It should have never gotten on tape, let a lone been questioned. Screw you media.

Yeah! Damn that Monday Night Football for televising the game! :rolleyes:

Agreed! There are some times at work I want to freaking cry but all I can do is laugh with a co-worker that I connect with. This guy was bonding with a teammate. It should have never gotten on tape, let a lone been questioned. Screw you media.

Absolutely agreed. It's unfair and a bunch of media bullshit.

Billy, I have no idea where you're trying to go with it.

Billy, I have no idea where you're trying to go with it.

Seriously? Well let's put it this way Force. I doubt you could ever catch a decent QB of any NFL team being caught in this same situation be it on national TV or not. Derek Anderson was cut from the Browns for a reason, and I believe we saw it last Monday night. You just don't drop your pants like he did. Stand up in front of the cameras and initially deny laughing, then when confronted with video evidence resort to yelling profanities and leaving the room stating "I'm done"?

IMO that was the most truthful thing he said in the entire interview. His career is over. Nobody out here in Arizona has an ounce worth of faith left in him.

Go to any Cardinals forum and see what they're saying. It ain't pretty.