ExtremeRavens: The Sanctuary

Wake up People!

cravnravn

Come on now, if the old fart can do it on 3 hours of sleep, you can too!!

Wahooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo, a win is a win is a win, no matter how ugly.

9-4, 5th seed in the playoffs, and when the Stealers LOSE to the Jets, we are after that #2 seed..

medium_ed-reed-nfl-playoffs-ravens-dolphins.jpg

10 Wins coming right up, Ed!!!

Come on now, if the old fart can do it on 3 hours of sleep, you can too!!

Wahooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo, a win is a win is a win, no matter how ugly.

9-4, 5th seed in the playoffs, and when the Stealers LOSE to the Jets, we are after that #2 seed..

medium_ed-reed-nfl-playoffs-ravens-dolphins.jpg

10 Wins coming right up, Ed!!!

A Jets loss wouldn't help unless the Steelers also lose the Cleveland game. Plus we have to handle business vs NO. How do you like our chances vs Colston, Meachem, Moore, Henderson, Shockey and Bush after the Texans went 300 yards in one half against us?

I hope the wind gods are with us...Plus its in our house..The 12th Man will see us through.

LOL...I just saw a post game interview with Ray Lewis. "The Saints are coming in riding high, we're playing well too. Next week is going to be one of those shootouts and we're up for it."

My how times have changed! Ray is already conceeding the Saints are going to put up points next week.

I'm not worried about the Aint's.

Harbaugh and his staff are not stupid. They adjust.

They now learned that a 21 point second half lead is not enough, so they'll make sure it's 28 against Brees before they put the offense to bed.

I'm not worried about the Aint's.

Harbaugh and his staff are not stupid. They adjust.

They now learned that a 21 point second half lead is not enough, so they'll make sure it's 28 against Brees before they put the offense to bed.

Max,

Harbs and staff arenbt stupid but, to quote Ray Ray, they cant write a check for what they dont have.

So you are wishing for the snow to help you beat a dome team. You then claim that with that win a Super Bowl win is granted. OK I get that.

Oh, you must either be an FBI agent, or the board hall monitor cause you have me all figured out by that analysis. Too bad you misinterpreted what i said.

What i meant is simple really. IF we can beat the saints, we could very well win a superbowl. The saints are the defending champs. It's plausible to think the championship could once again go through them. Coupled with the fact that we have yet to prove we can beat a real contender, a late season win against the saints would sure make the loss to pittsburgh that more bearable and show we are capable of being a viable contender as well.

Does it mean an automatic or probable superbowl win? Of course not, and im not sure why you would assume anyone would be foolish enough to assume that. My mentioning the snow being a plus would merely be a bonus. More of a comment then analysis. I think ill leave the superb analyzing up to you since your so accurate and all. :thumbup:

If we played on a neutral field like Det. NO would destroy the Ravens. The only way the Ravens can win this game is if the weather sucks. That tells you nothing about the team. There is no measuring stick there.

So say they beat NO now. If the wind is the same as the last few days I would expect that. Also I will give you the Browns and Bungals wins too. So they make the playoff at the #5 seed. So wk 1 they play Jax or KC. I think the Ravens beat Jax. KC I don't think so. So we will go Jax. The next week they play in Pitt. I think they lose that game. But we will say Ben is hurt so whichever QB of the moment is playing so the Ravens pull that one out. Now off to NE. NE will open up the largest can of Woopass this team will see all yr. The Ravens have nothing for that team.

So I gave all the "IF'S" to go as far as is possible.

But screw it. Lets go another IF. They make the Super Bowl. The only teams I see that have any chance of getting to the SB over there are NY, Philthy, NO, and ATL. I don't think they can beat any of those teams. Again neutral field I give to NO.

The Ravens have not gotten better from week 1 til now. In fact I contend they are a little worse. At least the D was holding up well early on but now they are sieve like several times during games.

If we played on a neutral field like Det. NO would destroy the Ravens. The only way the Ravens can win this game is if the weather sucks. That tells you nothing about the team. There is no measuring stick there.

So say they beat NO now. If the wind is the same as the last few days I would expect that. Also I will give you the Browns and Bungals wins too. So they make the playoff at the #5 seed. So wk 1 they play Jax or KC. I think the Ravens beat Jax. KC I don't think so. So we will go Jax. The next week they play in Pitt. I think they lose that game. But we will say Ben is hurt so whichever QB of the moment is playing so the Ravens pull that one out. Now off to NE. NE will open up the largest can of Woopass this team will see all yr. The Ravens have nothing for that team.

So I gave all the "IF'S" to go as far as is possible.

But screw it. Lets go another IF. They make the Super Bowl. The only teams I see that have any chance of getting to the SB over there are NY, Philthy, NO, and ATL. I don't think they can beat any of those teams. Again neutral field I give to NO.

The Ravens have not gotten better from week 1 til now. In fact I contend they are a little worse. At least the D was holding up well early on but now they are sieve like several times during games.

Let's not get carried away. The Ravens lost to NE and ATL on their field by 3 points. They split with Pitt and lost the game they dropped by only 4. All 3 teams had to come from behind late to beat the Ravens. The Ravens have played several contenders and haven't been crushed by any of them. The team is inconsistent and at times they play poorly, but at times they also play well. No-one knows what they will do in the playoffs - they can beat anyone in the league or they could lose to anyone in the league. That's why you get in and see what happens.

NE is playing in a whole other gear now. I do recall the contention of that inhalation from last yrs playoff guaranteed victory this yr. I know I saw that on this board. They got rid of their headache and after a few weeks got it going.

ATL was up 13-0 before the Ravens did anything. I doubt they allow for that mistake again.

Do you believe that if Ben had been in that first game that the Ravens would have won? I don't. What is he 7-2 against the Ravens with I think a 5 game streak going. Until they can beat Ben I do not the the Ravens can.

NE is playing in a whole other gear now. I do recall the contention of that inhalation from last yrs playoff guaranteed victory this yr. I know I saw that on this board. They got rid of their headache and after a few weeks got it going.

ATL was up 13-0 before the Ravens did anything. I doubt they allow for that mistake again.

Do you believe that if Ben had been in that first game that the Ravens would have won? I don't. What is he 7-2 against the Ravens with I think a 5 game streak going. Until they can beat Ben I do not the the Ravens can.

Do you remember when Indy won the SB a couple of years ago? They came into the playoffs looking like they couldn't stop the run to save their lives. Then they lost Bob Sanders. In Round 1, they barely beat A KC team that was the only other team to look worse than they did coming into the playoffs. Then they came into Baltimore and knocked us out in a game that could have gone either way. In the Championship they came from behind to knock off a hot NE team and then they completed their improbably SB run with a win over the Bears. Peyton played mediocre ball the whole way - it was their defense that turned it around in the playoffs and went from a being a liability to the reason they won it all.

How about the Jets last season? They backed into the playoffs only because the Colts rested their starters - they ended up 1 win away from the SB.

What about Eli Manning's Giants? They didn't develop a pass rush until the postseason started. They rode that pass rush to one of the greatest and most unlikely upsets in NFL history.

The way teams are playing now is not necessarily an indicator of how they will play in the postseason. There are tons of examples of teams looking unimpressive in the regular season and playing completely lights out in the playoffs. On the other hand, there are also plenty of examples of teams looking unstoppable down the stretch and laying an egg in the playoffs (San Diego in 06, the Colts every year but 06)

Indy picked up Sanders at the end of the season and they made their run.

The Giants were good that whole season but got great at the end.

That Jets D last yr was staggering and allowed for Sanchez the make mistakes.

The Ravens are not great in any one part of the team. If they had a top 5 O and the D lagged then fine. If they had a top 5 D and the O lagged well we have seen that before. There are to many holes everywhere on the team.

And the weather wasn't horrible.

If it is not the weather it is something else, sigh.

10-4 baby. And RayfuckingRice is back in town.

Ray fucking Rice..

153 rushing yards, 1 TD

80 passing yards, 1 TD

+ 3x 15 penalty yards.

278 yards + 2 TDs.