#1 papasmurfbell

papasmurfbell

Hall of Famer

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 16,890 posts

Posted 26 August 2019 - 12:22 PM

https://www.pennlive...-to-movies.html

Baltimore Ravens cancel practice, take trip to movies

OWINGS MILLS, Md. — It’s a tense time of year for many members of the Baltimore Ravens. The team will cut at least 37 players before Saturday’s 4 p.m. deadline, and even those secure in their roster spots must begin to ratchet up their intensity and focus. The regular season begins with a Sept. 8 game at the Miami Dolphins.

So after a grueling, month-long training camp, Ravens coach John Harbaugh chose to ease off his players Monday.

One last team event for a bunch of guys.

37460d1337276897-ravens-promote-eric-dec

I am better at this than my predecessor.

#2 OutsideRzAcE

OutsideRzAcE

The Franchise

• PipPipPipPip
  • 7,873 posts

Posted 27 August 2019 - 04:30 AM

The question is which movie did they see
Posted Image

#3 vmax

vmax

Hall of Famer

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 32,312 posts

Posted 27 August 2019 - 04:50 AM

My guess is The Sound of Music.

The simple fact is, all this 22-year-old has done since entering the league is charm his teammates, win over his coaches, make spectacular plays, get better by the week and, oh yeah, win football games (now 7-2 in starts, including the playoffs). He has been a beacon in the community, with a natural joy about him and a positive energy you can see in the clips of his interactions with young fans at training camp.

#4 Spen

Spen

Pro Bowler

• PipPipPipPip
  • 8,179 posts

Posted 27 August 2019 - 08:24 AM

The question is which movie did they see

It was "Good Boys".

I was expecting Hobbs And Shaw or Atlas Has Fallen. Or Lynn Sheltons's Sword Of Trust.

Hi.

#5 papasmurfbell

papasmurfbell

Hall of Famer

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 16,890 posts

Posted 27 August 2019 - 09:21 AM

I thought Brian Banks made sense.  But it might have been a vote.

#6 tsylvester

tsylvester

Veteran

• PipPipPip
  • 3,266 posts

Posted 27 August 2019 - 12:06 PM

Good boys? Jeepers that movie looks stoopid, crass and a waste..

Hobbs & Shaw would have made good sense, action packed...

#7 papasmurfbell

papasmurfbell

Hall of Famer

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 16,890 posts

Posted 27 August 2019 - 01:29 PM

You know what you get from a Seth Rogan film.  They are by and large funny.  I like the crassness if done well.  You sound like Cosby being critical of Eddie Murphy in the 80s.

#8 tsylvester

tsylvester

Veteran

• PipPipPip
  • 3,266 posts

Posted 27 August 2019 - 03:15 PM

I've never raped a women nor took advantage of a women nor drugged a women juat to take advantage of her...

Yes, I am a bit old fogie, true to my faith.. But still, some movies go too far...

#9 Spen

Spen

Pro Bowler

• PipPipPipPip
  • 8,179 posts

Posted 27 August 2019 - 04:06 PM

You know what you get from a Seth Rogan film.  They are by and large funny.  I like the crassness if done well.  You sound like Cosby being critical of Eddie Murphy in the 80s.

They usually have heart too, usually. This one is supposed to as well.

I've never raped a women nor took advantage of a women nor drugged a women juat to take advantage of her...

Yes, I am a bit old fogie, true to my faith.. But still, some movies go too far...

Actually being an old fogey makes you far likelier to have done those things. Those things were much more prevalent in the previous generations. Luckily the ones that followed no longer put up with that. At least as much. Progress.
Hi.

#10 tsylvester

tsylvester

Veteran

• PipPipPip
  • 3,266 posts

Posted 27 August 2019 - 04:35 PM

Yep, Joe Bidden comes to mind...

I've just never been a fan of somw directors, some actors/ actresses, I know if they are involved the movie or tv show is not going to appeal to me.

Take the new runs of Star Wars, I hate em, I think some of the actors can't act and the cinematography is not as good, believe it or not, to that of the originals (when I was a kid)....

But as long as they, the players & coaches, were able to relax and maybe grow a little closer together, it's all good.

#11 Spen

Spen

Pro Bowler

• PipPipPipPip
  • 8,179 posts

Posted 27 August 2019 - 04:51 PM

Yep, Joe Bidden comes to mind...

I've just never been a fan of somw directors, some actors/ actresses, I know if they are involved the movie or tv show is not going to appeal to me.

Take the new runs of Star Wars, I hate em, I think some of the actors can't act and the cinematography is not as good, believe it or not, to that of the originals (when I was a kid)....

But as long as they, the players & coaches, were able to relax and maybe grow a little closer together, it's all good.

Oh yeah that makes sense. I like Rogen's movies usually but a lot of people I know don't, I can understand why.

I agree about Star Wars. I liked them when they came out, but not much since the first 3. Weird thing there is Han might be one of my favorite characters ever and I usually like Ron Howard movies - but I've only made it through a few minutes of Solo.
Hi.

#12 papasmurfbell

papasmurfbell

Hall of Famer

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 16,890 posts

Posted 27 August 2019 - 09:33 PM

Being critical of Eddie performing blue has nothing to do with Cosby's criminal behavior.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users