ExtremeRavens: The Sanctuary

One-on-One: NFL teams that could fade after 2-0 starts

papasmurfbell

https://www.yardbarker.com/nfl/articles/one_on_one_nfl_teams_that_could_fade_after_2_0_starts/s1_13132_29858558

Look no further than the Baltimore Ravens. John Harbaugh’s team couldn’t ask for a better start to the 2019 schedule, as it visits the Miami Dolphins before playing host to the Arizona Cardinals. Baltimore is going to unveil its new offense, and for all the hype and discussion surrounding what it might look like, one thing everyone agrees on is that it will be run-heavy. The Dolphins’ defense was 31 st in the league against the run last year. Who was worse? You guessed it, the Cardinals.

Miami still can’t pick a quarterback to start Week 1, and Arizona figures to have growing pains with Kyler Murray at the helm. By rights, the Ravens should start 2-0. Their schedule stiffens in a hurry, though, with a home date against the Browns sandwiched in between road games with Kansas City and Pittsburgh. A brief breather against the Bengals follows, but then Baltimore must go on the road to Seattle before hosting New England. It’s very easy to look at those first eight games and see no better than a 3-5 mark. The back half of the schedule includes road games in Cleveland, as well as a trip out west to play the Rams, and a season-ending contest with the Steelers. Long story short, Ravens fans? Don’t start making playoff plans if you start 2-0.

For the most part I have to agree.

Hey, I say "not so fast". As bad as Miami reportedly is, they still have Ryan Fitzpatrick who typically throws for 500 yards and 4-5 TD/game, esp in the early part of the season against any team. He might throw 3-4 picks but he'll be zinging it everywhere. I wouldn't call this an auto W. Looks more like a coin toss to me.

As for a PO team, IDK. I think we are in the 6-10 to 10-6 zone once again. It all rides on Lamar's arm and the reworked D. Its today's NFL, any Sunday !

Are you still reading stuff by these guys? MV5BYjc0MzNiYTMtZGUyMS00NWIyLWI0ODAtYzBm

You do a fabulous job finding the Ravens Haters.

These are some real doom and gloom guys....

Jackson will miss at least two games due to an injury suffered on a designed run. John Harbaugh has insisted that Jackson will carry the ball in the neighborhood of 150-200 times. Jackson already has the season NFL record for quarterback carries, logging 147 last year despite starting less than half the season. Harbaugh is flirting with disaster by putting Jackson in harm’s way, and odds are he’s going to get burned, and his attempt at an offensive revolution will suffer as a consequence. -- Chris Mueller

Too many losses on the defensive side, not enough gains on the offensive side and the near-constant potential for injury for the franchise quarterback. That doesn’t sound like a recipe for success for the Ravens, whose surprising run with Lamar Jackson at the helm in 2018 may have doomed them for 2019. The Chargers laid out the blueprint on how to stop Baltimore, and while not every team has a Derwin James, no one will be caught off guard by what the Ravens are doing this year. -- Chris Mueller....https://www.yardbarker.com/nfl/articles/yardbarkers_100_bold_nfl_predictions_for_2019/s1__29850722#slide_10

One game. A game where the O line failed to show up and now the league has a simple blue print on how to beat the Ravens.

No sense in showing up this year! MV5BNjUwZjM5YjAtODYwNi00NTJkLWEwYjktMGUw

Edited by vmax

MV5BZDlmYTQzODQtYzkzMy00OTljLTgzYjgtZjlj "I think after the Ravens start out 2-0 that teams won't know how to defend this offense. They will be throwing effectively. And running. Too many weapons and too much speed."

Max, the team is athletic, fast and talented. Not a Debby downer just a realist who has followed the team since 96. Its my team and Ive been this way since the get-go.

Im hoping and rooting for a great year, better than last year, and deeper into the playoffs.

Thats what I want. Will we get there ? Who the heck knows ? But Ill be there watching and chiming in on this site every week.