ExtremeRavens: The Sanctuary

Kansas City Game

oldno82

• Replies 138
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

They have not regressed. They did not win the division last year until the final week. They are in front now.

Watch them over the next 3 weeks. They will come off that owning the division.

The defense is not as good due to the loss of Young and Smith but the pass rush and pressure is the same as last year. a step back due to injuries.

The offense is light years ahead of last year.

The running game is better, Ingram, Edwards, far better as is the offensive line; running game even without Lamar's stats was awesome. I know KC's defense was not good against the run, but Ingram, especially, made serious yards after contact.

The wide outs are better at adjusting to the ball, making contested catches. Haven't seen that in a while. Now, why did Lamar have so much time to throw but no be able to find anyone open?

Was that him or were the receivers unable to get open? We rarely saw Lamar throw with any anticipation, so I would say it was all him. He regressed this game; typical of young qbs... Or is this the norm for him?

The defense is clearly worse than last year, tackling, coverage, linebackers scraping, holding an edge, falling for screens. I don't want to hear injuries are the reason because that is not it; the entire defense once again got scorched, left wide open receivers.

As I said on the facebook page when this site was down, after the Cards game; this team is good enough to destroy pethetic teams, beat bad teams, but not good enough to beat good teams consistently.

The coaching is horrible from the head coach. Papa & I have said this for years; Harbs is a terrible coach. Wins, Super Bowl, dispite him. Every year this team is undisciplined and he makes horrible choices in challenges, in -in game decisions entirely.

Maybe if, IF Lamar is able to read, really read a defense not just look for someone to be open, this team can win more than they lose.

This league is weak this year, anything can happen. But right now, the evidence is clear; he can only complete passes to qide open receivers in front of him, or get lucky. He never throws with anticipation, never has, not in college and so far not in this league.

Today, he missed 4 wide open touchdowns, 2 would have changed this game, the other two the team scored anyway.