ExtremeRavens: The Sanctuary

Kansas City Game

oldno82

Man this game is really getting hyped by everybody. Maybe rightly so but we don't how good we really are. Plus, its just game 3 of the season.

I'll be happy if the game is close and our secondary does a good job and the Lamar Express keeps going. If we can do those things and play a close game, I'll be happy; winning the game would be the icing on the cake.

BTW, really glad the board is up and running again.

• Replies 138
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I had 3 questions going into last week's game.

1) Can the offense keep clicking? The answer we knkw know is; somewhat

2)Can Lamar continue to see the field, hit receivers timely, accurately? The answer was; mostly.

3) Can the defense fix the comminication issues that crept in, in the secondary? The answer is; Nope.

So I pose those same questions this week, if the offense can keep clicking, & Lamar can keep growing, this team has a shot to play well enough to win.

However, as we saw the last time these two teams played, the defense let them down with numerous issues in the secondary.

I don't want to hear they need time to adjust because of a few new players. No, it is only one new player, Thomas, but the same communication issues as the past few years; players forgetting which aide is playing zone, which is man, if they are all in zone or man....

You can only defend against an accurate qb so much, he is going to make a few plays.

But there is no reason to have all those uncontested pass completions, so many wide open recievers; none.

Should be a fun game to watch!

Who can handle the weather conditions the best?

Thunderstorms and soaking rain are expected to move through Kansas City later Saturday and linger for much of Sunday as the undefeated Ravens and Chiefs square off at Arrowhead Stadium.

Enough rain is forecast to fall to cause flash flooding in the area, so fans should use caution when heading to the game as some roads could be closed due to high wate

Umbrellas and ponchos will be needed throughout pre-game tailgates and the game itself.

The rainy weather will likely create sloppy field conditions and an increased chance of fumbles and dropped balls.

Temperatures will be in the lower 70s F throughout the game with similar AccuWeather RealFeel® Temperatures.

A breeze up to 14 mph from the west-southwest will generally be a crosswind at Arrowhead Stadium, and may impact higher passes and kicks.

NEVERTHELESS!

I am so pumped up for this game. Ravens only have a 27% chance of winning.

Who cares? :bleh: The Baltimore Ravens will show up! :gorave:

Has Lamar ever thrown the ball in the rain?

My thoughts too.

Joe was great in bad weather...wind, cold, rain.

Lamar has handled the cold well, but the rest is still a "wait and see." I have my doubts with him handling a wet, slick ball after last year. :scared:

Adam Schefter ESPN Senior Writer

Ravens TE Mark Andrews is "50-50" whether he can play Sunday vs. Chiefs due to a foot injury, per source. Ravens not likely to know about Andrew's status until pregame warmups.

My thoughts too.

Joe was great in bad weather...wind, cold, rain.

Lamar has handled the cold well, but the rest is still a "wait and see." I have my doubts with him handling a wet, slick ball after last year. :scared:

Hey, that was a Boller reference! 😛

What is up with these foot injuries, look more for Boyle , maybe Hurst to show case him for trade bait....

https://www.fantasypros.com/nfl/news/229885/mark-andrews-expected-to-play-week-3.php

NFL Network Ian Rapoport is reporting Ravens TE Mark Andrews (foot) is expected to play in Week 3. (Ian Rapoport on Twitter)

Fantasy Impact:

Although ESPN's Adam Schefter initially reported Andrews had a "50-50" chance to play and the Ravens would not know for sure until pregame warmups, Rapoport is suggesting that the emerging tight end is trending toward the "expected to play" side. While we still may have to wait to see how he looks during warmups, Rapoport's update is certainly a good sign. If Andrews is a go without limitations, he is once again expected to be a tremendous part of the game plan in a week in which the Ravens will need points more than ever in this early season in a matchup with the Chiefs. Andrews is a fantasy starter if he is indeed active.

I hope he plays. I really need his points.