ExtremeRavens: The Sanctuary

Ray's Value

vmax

He's willing this team to be great.

Hasn't happened yet...but he won't let them fail or under achieve.

Ravens linebacker Ray Lewis prayed for a long time before coming to a Saturday night meeting at the team hotel. Then, with Owner Steve Bisciotti in attendance and the rapt attention of his teammates, Lewis spoke from the heart.

His lengthy speech left some players with tears in their eyes, linebacker Tavares Gooden said. “He said, ‘Let’s be ourselves. Let’s not play afraid. Let’s play to win,’” Gooden said.

Running back Ray Rice took away a message about the rushing attack. “One thing Ray said last night was: ‘If we’re going to run the ball, run it, and let’s not stop until they stop it,’” Rice said. “I definitely felt that message played a part throughout the whole organization because everybody came to play today.”

Veteran defensive end Cory Redding was also moved. After six years in Detroit and one in Seattle, it’s Redding’s first time being on a team in the playoff hunt.

“Ray stood up and just poured his heart out,” Redding said. “Guys fight for that. What other person would you want to play for in this locker room and win that Lombardi [Trophy] for, other than him? With a guy like that leading the way, you have to go out there and give it your all.”

http://blogs.baltimoreravens.com/2010/12/19/lewis-delivered-passionate-speech/

58362684.jpg

The only problem is him in coverage. He is a liability now. I do not see Ray being a coach. He will run his business when he leaves playing. Maybe he will pull a Singletary and go into coach 10-15 yrs later.

What business??? the funding fell through..It was on BAL this morning.

What business??? the funding fell through..It was on BAL this morning.

What was his business? I haven't lived in the Baltimore area for a few years and haven't even heard of this.

I agree Papa that he is indeed a liability in pass coverage now, unless we are around the goal line in a zone coverage. We need to start sending Ray on the blitz more, he knows how to hit the hole at the right time when the lineman stunt in front of him and we need to utilize that.

We probably should switch Ray to OLB to extend his career, less ground to cover. It worked with Seau and some others. Ray may find that late in his career he may be an effective pass rusher. You don't have to be the MLB to lead a defense, especially if your Ray. It's worth considering and running through some plays in camp.

The RL52 clothing line. He is also doing some real estate thing. Last I knew up in Hunt Valley they had some big project.

Yeah thats what BAL was talking about, that place was to be open by now, bowling alley, gift shop, rental halls some sort of food, He and his buisness partner were to get a 6mil dollar loan in Sept for completion, and the institution they were getting it through, went belly-up. Nothing is open in the old Wal Mart at hunt Valley and no construction is going on, that I can tell of.