ExtremeRavens: The Sanctuary

The worm has turned

vmax

Not sure what that means but running the football is back.

The best running teams are winning far more often this season and the most prolific passing teams are losing much more.

Baltimore (11-2), San Francisco (11-2), Seattle (10-3), Minnesota (9-4) and Buffalo (9-4) are ranked Nos. 1-5 in average yards rushing per game. Their combined record is 50-15.

Here's the combined record and winning percentage for the five top rushing teams since 2015:

2019: 50-15, .769

2018: 51-29, .638

2017: 54-26, .675

2016: 42-38, .525

2015: 50-30, .625

Dallas (6-7), Tampa Bay (6-7), Atlanta (4-9), Kansas City (9-4) and the Los Angeles Chargers (5-8) are ranked Nos. 1-5 in average yards passing per game. They are 30-35.

Here's the combined record and winning percentage for the five top passing teams since 2015:

2019: 30-35, .462

2018: 46-33-1, .581

2017: 51-29, .638

2016: 51-28-1, .644

2015: 46-34, .575

ACTION JACKSON

Ravens quarterback Lamar Jackson is 23 yards away from breaking Michael Vick's single-season record for quarterbacks. Vick had 1,039 in 2006.

I've been getting bored with the dink and dunk, flag football offense for years.

The Ravens offense may not "revolutionize" the NF,L but if you pay attention, more QB's are beginning to run. Change if in the wind and I see this as good for the game.

6 hours ago, varaven45 said:

Its reaffirming to once again witness a smashmouth running attack-still a key part of football's winning formula.

Some things are timeless and priceless !      

Absolutely. What's football with out the rushing game?

And you must have one come December and January.

5 hours ago, papasmurfbell said:

The one thing I would add is you have to be able to pass adaquatly.  If you can't the d will sell out to stop the run and you are sunk.

And the Ravens do that....and that will only improve.

All these teams, Baltimore (11-2), San Francisco (11-2), Seattle (10-3), Minnesota (9-4) and Buffalo (9-4) , do that.

Once you start running, then opponents load the box. Oh! Now a whole lot can happen throwing the ball because the D doesn't know whether to play run or pass first.

20 hours ago, papasmurfbell said:

The one thing I would add is you have to be able to pass adaquatly.  If you can't the d will sell out to stop the run and you are sunk.

Last night the D sold out to stop the run and Lamar slaughtered them with his arm.

5 TD passes. 5!

When will everybody stop doubting Lamar as a great thrower.

9.2 ypp. 134.4 QB rating. Leading the league in touchdown throws.

MVP. In a Ravens uniform.

Yeah as Lamar will really show that if the Browns beat them aka the Ravens on their home turf back earlier in the week, Ravens will do the same to the Browns on their home turf.

• 2 weeks later...

Just saying.....

32. None of the league's top five most prolific passers of 2019 in terms of yardage (Winston, Philip Rivers, Prescott, Ryan and Jared Goff) is headed to postseason. What does that tell you, analytics dudes? ............https://www.msn.com/en-us/sports/nfl/32-things-we-learned-from-week-17-of-nfl-season/ar-BBYrTd9?li=BBnba9I&ocid=U508DHP