ExtremeRavens: The Sanctuary

Ravens/Eagles

vmax

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcTLrJ2TWKOuv0oPA4p1q2o

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcTj2f74h-BAm2ilzO9B8FR  All that needs to be said about Sundays opponent is that the 1-3-1 Eagles finished with a 23-23 OT tie against the Bengals. :nono:

73.4% win probability.

Team Stats

bal.png&h=100&w=100 phi.png&h=100&w=100
Points Per Game 29.8 22.6
Points Allowed Per Game 15.2 29.0
Total Yards 355.4 349.2
Yards Passing 194.6 241.2
Yards Rushing 160.8 108.0
Yards Allowed 361.2 381.0
Pass Yards Allowed 269.2 266.8
Rush Yards Allowed 92.0 114.2

7665616.jpg&c=sc&w=850&h=560 It could get ugly. Carson

Wentz now has a league-leading 8 interceptions on the year. He had 7 INTs all last season.

But wait!....:cop:.....There's more!

There is no question that the Eagles showed improvement offensively on Sunday in Pittsburgh. Quarterback Carson Wentz completed 20 of 35 passes for 258 yards and two touchdowns. He also had two interceptions, but they came with a caveat – on one, tight end Zach Ertz was clearly bumped off his route by linebacker Vance Williams and the play should have drawn a penalty and on the other, it was a desperate fourth-down-and-heave-it throw that served as a late-game punt. Wentz escaped pressure throughout the game and he moved the chains. He found Travis Fulgham 10 times for 152 yards and a touchdown. The offense in the red zone was perfect. It was an encouraging performance from the offense that converted 10 of 14 third downs against a very good Pittsburgh defense and challenging pass rush.....https://www.philadelphiaeagles.com/news/offense-takes-positive-steps-but-needs-much-more

That was against a Pittsburgh defense that is supposed to be very good.....although they have yet to play against a solid opponent. (Giants, Broncos, Texans collective 1-11 records)

Uh Oh! More woe.

Lane Johnson’s left ankle saga began two years ago, and the Eagles' Pro Bowl right tackle might be embarking on yet another chapter, at a critical time for his 1-3-1 team.

Head coach Doug Pederson said Monday that Johnson is getting a second medical opinion, after having to leave Sunday’s 38-29 loss at Pittsburgh on a cart. Johnson played 37 snaps before giving way to rookie Jack Driscoll, who played 27.

Once Johnson went down, the Eagles' offensive line consisted of center Jason Kelce and four backups, none of whom could claim more than a few games' NFL experience before this season. The Eagles’ second-half running game was nonexistent, 9 yards on 6 carries.

The Eagles already were without right guard Brandon Brooks (Achilles), left tackle Andre Dillard (biceps), Dillard replacement Jason Peters (toe), and left guard Isaac Seumalo (knee). Taking the field without Johnson would not be an optimal setup for this week’s meeting with the 4-1 Baltimore Ravens, who are giving up a league-lowest 15.2 points per game..........https://www.inquirer.com/eagles/philadelphia-eagles-lane-johnson-ankle-nfl-surgery-20201012.html

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcQ90t95mpNX8O0b9At76HF     'I say...Unleash the Hounds!:gorave:

Will the 2020 Ravens offense begin to get an identity and come alive? What do you have to say to that Lamar?

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcSKjj3xKApezgXIcIVDeGA "Oh yes! Definitely! We will!"

I really want to be fair to Greg Roman. I really like the guy. The job that he did last year was phenomenal. I believe in him....except against KC and in the playoffs....:nono:...where I'm going is this: Can you imagine Duverney images?q=tbn:ANd9GcQtDGMuWfHb9NtiMet3s5g...and Procheimages?q=tbn:ANd9GcShcCybhCVpXUFRNUIzINz o

lined up with Brown, Andrews and Dobbins!!! No way a D can cover that much speed. But wait! There's more! Duverney and Proche have great hands. They are 100% reliable to catch the ball!!  No OTA's and no training camp has delayed their growth into the offense. In fact, Greg Roman, Eric DeCosta and myself :fishin: are in a state of lamentation on "What Could Be...or What Dreams May Come!" :gorave:

What do you think Lamar?...

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcQQ9DqgMNlK9XkxaVH9YN6 "Oh Man! That'd be dope!...like dope all over everywhere!"

Although I heard Christmas music in the store yesterday.....I swear!....10/12!!!!......it's too early in the year for this...right?images?q=tbn:ANd9GcRX5_2iRspOLYYXItvVhOi

Scenes of yesteryear...my son hooked school to be there...I'm so proud of him.....

Ravens-Fans-1024x674.jpg

All kidding aside, here's hoping we come out a blazin' and treat this like a playoff game.   Its an NFL opponent, desperate for a W and anything can happen.   

Formula :  Defensively,  pound the crap out of Wentz; offensively, we need to pound the rock.  POUND THE DANG ROCK !!!!
Are you listening Roman ? 

The Eagles offensive line is on par with Cinci.

Problem- usually after a huge defensive game, cough cough, 7 sacks, 2 rff, one defensive touchdown, 3 pts, this defense gets big heads and lays an egg the next game. Will that happen here?

Lamar has had 2 sub par games to start the season, the offense as a whole, or is it hole, has been inconsistent.

The Iggles defense is on par with Cinci; what is gonna give?

Will Lamar, don't call me Murry, Jackson try to hard or relax and just play his game?

This should be interesting...

Key match up:

Line matchups: Two key matchups in Sunday’s game versus Philadelphia is how well the Ravens offensive line can handle the Eagles defensive line of tackles Fletcher Cox, Javon Hargrave and ends Josh Sweat and Brandon Graham. The Eagles create a lot of pressure with Sweat and Graham who each have three sacks.

Of the Eagles defensive line, Ravens offensive coordinator Greg Roman said: “They role guys through, they keep people fresh, [and] they play a unique style. So, they’re extremely productive, not just on sacks, but on quarterback hurries. And they really are aggressive at trying to disrupt the running game with how they play up the field. It’s a very unique style”

The Ravens also have to control Eagles tight end Zach Ertz. Covering tight ends has been a problem for years with the Ravens. Ertz has 20 catches 145 yards. Receivers DeSean Jackson (hamstring) and Alshon Jeffrey (foot) are both sidelined with injuries.....https://www.baltimoresun.com/sports/analysis/preston/bs-sp-preston-oct17-20201017-ajqlitzoojfuzjt2k6qom6d63m-story.html

Baltimore+Ravens+v+Philadelphia+Eagles+4

Hey...looks like we'll have around 7,000 fans in the stands for the Steelers game. :gorave:

Reality Check! A plea from Mike th?id=OIP.w5JKtRwbMmnDK53H7znYGAHaEK&pid for us to use some common sense.....Let's show Mike we have some!

th?id=OIP.2todyVaAanp7hIOHwanRSwHaEK&pid

After the Ravens beat Cincinnati, 27-3, Sunday we started to hear or see things about how dominant the defense has been — maybe the best in the NFL.

Let’s use some common sense here. The Ravens beat one of the worst teams in the league while registering seven sacks. The sack total is impressive but five were by defensive backs.

That’s a little scary. The Ravens have always been good with pressure or blitzes, but that strategy hasn’t work against good teams in the playoffs or versus Kansas City. The postseason is about winning one-on-one matchups and until that happens let’s cut down on the dominating defense talk.

I find it difficult to believe that with all of the replacement players the Iggles have on both sides of the ball, that they only comitted 3 penalties to the Ravens 11...

3:21 and Lamar throws the ball away, he is better off taking a sack, unlike he did earlier in the game taking 3 pts away...