ExtremeRavens: The Sanctuary

Ravens/Colts

vmax

MV5BMzk4MDk3NTYyMF5BMl5BanBnXkFtZTgwMjAx Apologies. I've been side tracked by a foolish and childish distraction called a Presidential Election, when what clearly matters, is Ravens football.

Ravens match up predictor has the Ravens with a 59.8% win prediction. I'm not feeling it. The Indy D has the #1 rated defense in yards per game and a very low 19.4 points per game surrendered. Their front 7 is very hard to run against and the Ravens are missing Stanley for the season. images?q=tbn:ANd9GcScgjldrmKbkYoHGk1VuNa "I got this."

The Indy D is very stingy against the pass too and Lamar is struggling. Add to this that Humphrey will be out and 7 defensive starters will not practice this week and the Ravens could take a tumble.

Team Stats

bal.png&h=100&w=100 ind.png&h=100&w=100
Points Per Game 29.0 28.3
Points Allowed Per Game 18.9 19.4
Total Yards 374.0 369.1
Yards Passing 195.3 268.1
Yards Rushing 178.7 101.0
Yards Allowed 349.0 310.9
Pass Yards Allowed 248.7 231.0
Rush Yards Allowed 100.3 79.9

It's an even match up in Points scored and points surrendered. images?q=tbn:ANd9GcQFZKf2L5a9VV8iheh_ppg

Colts-Ravens injury report 

>> Colts players not participating Wednesday due to injury: WR Ashton Dulin (knee), WR T.Y. Hilton (groin); limited participation: TE Mo Alie-Cox (knee), C Ryan Kelly (knee), RB Jonathan Taylor (ankle), RB Jordan Wilkins (groin).

>> Ravens players not participating Wednesday due to injury: RB Mark Ingram (ankle); limited participation: WR Chris Moore (thigh).

CB Marlon Humphrey is out after testing positive for COVID-19. Players in close contact with him -- LB Matthew Judon, LB Patrick Queen, S DeShon Elliott, LB L.J. Fort, LB Malik Harrison, CB Terrell Bonds and LB Tyus Bowser -- must test negative all week to be able to play Sunday. 

If there is a silver lining, it's the fact that Indy's wins have come against teams with a combined 7 wins. Rivers can be rattled and throw a bunch of INT's...Wink knows this.:gorave: He also knows they struggle running the football.The Colts average 3.5 yards per carry, the lowest average in the NFL..... And...Wink was not distracted this week by an election. :fishin:

QB comparison: Rivers is 161-of-231 (69.7%) for 1,860 yards, 10 touchdowns and 6 interceptions. He has been sacked 7 times (fewest in the NFL for starters). His quarterback rating is 97.3 Lamar Jackson is 115-of-190 (60.5%) for 1,343 yards, 12 TDs and 4 INTs. He has been sacked 19 times. His QB rating is 94.3. He also leads the Ravens with 66 carries for 411 yards and 2 TDs.

LOOK OUT LAMAR!! The Colts have allowed 1,495 passing yards, the second-fewest in the NFL. ... Their 11 INTs are tied for the most with the Buccaneers. They have returned a league-leading 3 INTs for TDs. ... Indy has allowed opposing QBs a 76.2 rating, making it the most effective pass defense in the NFL.

GettyImages-1020912516-818x460.jpg

We'll see if this stat holds Sunday: The Colts have allowed 3.4 yards per carry, 2nd-lowest average allowed in the league.

Some decent Ravens stats: Ravens have the fewest passing yards in the NFL...(:scared:..well not this one, ignore that!).. ..See Good>>>>>>... Baltimore averages 5.5 yards per carry, the best average in the NFL. It has an NFL-best 15 carries of 20+ yards. ... 62.4% of Ravens receptions earn a 1st down, the best percentage in the league.

Needs to change stat: 

Colts-Ravens series 

The Colts own a 12-4 edge in the series, including playoffs. The Ravens won the most recent matchup, 23-16 late in the 2017 season. 

A decent portion of this post is plagiarized material. I learned this handy trick in high school. It's a great time saver. You can find out how to do this on page 587 in your ER Posters Manuel.

And Remember:

laserghost_11.jpgbaltimore-ravens-fans-cheer-as-the-raven

14 hours ago, tsylvester said:

Hey Mister magic, can you swing your hips and merge our threads? Oh jeepers, that does not sound right, but then, hey, this is 2020, anything goes, right!?🤑

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcR1WbCIkcPiA3L_66BqqIF "It won't let me! The Federal Government ordered Dee to reduce my powers. Said I'm dangerous!"

I can hide your duplicate topic. I'll try that.

Here's what tyslvester posted....

Who ya got? With Humphries out and seven defenders unable to practice, not too mention the team having an interrupted practice week, the offense is likely going to have to carry this team. Maybe even special teams will be affected, so can this offense take a deep breath, and just, relax & play?

Can they have 10+ plays, 7+ minute touchdown scoring drives with 1+ quick strike long touchdown passes to take the fight out of the stingy Colt defense?

If not, this could be an ugly game. When your backs are up against the wall, when a wounded animal is cornered, they say that is when they are most dangerous. And even at 5-2, I would say this team has it's back against the proverbial wall.

Edited by vmax

Ok well then... I'll copy and paste, let the other be a hanging chad......

Who ya got? With Humphries out and seven defenders unable to practice, not too mention the team having an interupted practice week, the offense is likely going to have to carry this team. Maybe even special teams will be affected, so can this offense take a deep breath, and just, relax & play?

Can they have 10+ plays, 7+ minute touchdown scoring drives with 1+ quick strike long touchdown passes to take the fight out of the stingy Colt defense?

If not, this could be an ugly game. When your backs are up against the wall, qhen a wounded animal is cornered, they say that is when they are most dangerous. And even at 5-2, I would say this team has it's back against the proverbial wall

Ugly is right.  This has all the makings of hangover game.  I expect the team to looking like and playing the dude who lost his tooth in "Hangover". 😂

We are beat to crap and only if Lamar lights it up (like he did last year) do we have a chance to sneak a W in Indy.  He must have a monster game  to even stay in the game.   

I believe this game gets ugly early and afterwards the media/pundits are left asking whether the Ravens are even a playoff team this year.  

If Lamar lets it fly down field and connects a time or two, the defense wilk have no choice but to back off, stop crowding the middle and he will be able to run rabbit run like his pants are on fire. This is what I think will happen, okay, hope will happen.. Then again, am one gift to be delivered and one to order away from being done Christmas shopping already.....

4 hours ago, tsylvester said:

If Lamar lets it fly down field and connects a time or two, the defense wilk have no choice but to back off, stop crowding the middle and he will be able to run rabbit run like his pants are on fire. This is what I think will happen, okay, hope will happen.. Then again, am one gift to be delivered and one to order away from being done Christmas shopping already.....

I strongly agree with this...the problem is we've been saying since the damn season started. Deep passes open up the/his running game. I will concede his pass protection has been lousy so far this year. Maybe that's the problem. I think he's been sacked 17 times and who knows how many hurries he's had to deal with. But we can't seem to straighten it out.

17 hours ago, varaven45 said:

Ugly is right.  This has all the makings of hangover game.  I expect the team to looking like and playing the dude who lost his tooth in "Hangover". 😂

We are beat to crap and only if Lamar lights it up (like he did last year) do we have a chance to sneak a W in Indy.  He must have a monster game  to even stay in the game.   

I believe this game gets ugly early and afterwards the media/pundits are left asking whether the Ravens are even a playoff team this year.  

Maybe Lamar will rise above his pedigree and succeed this week huh?

The Colts run a 4-3 with small fast linebackers. You don't run wide you run at them. The play calling sucks, the blocking sucks, the decision making sucks; let's call the whole rhing off.

Just a matter of time until the Colts break this open. Good thing the defense scored or this could be a shutout.

54 yards if offense...2.2 ypp....at the half! 

Ravens run game???? 18 carries 10 yards! 1.8 ypc....

5 penalties for 55 yards.

TOP 17 minutes to 13 in Indy's favor.

Give the Indy D credit. Ravens D is only reason they are in the game.

24 minutes ago, tsylvester said:

The Colts run a 4-3 with small fast linebackers. You don't run wide you run at them. The play calling sucks, the blocking sucks, the decision making sucks; let's call the whole rhing off.

Just a matter of time until the Colts break this open. Good thing the defense scored or this could be a shutout.

Agree. 

The Ravens offense has to make the halftime adjustment or they're 5-3.