ExtremeRavens: The Sanctuary

What were you doing 10 years ago today?

cravnravn

I was in Florida, stationed at Eglin AFB. I couldn't attend the "rally", however winning the Super Bowl was a great way to start my first year in the Air Force! As a matter of fact, I had a team win the championship in at least one of my sports just about every year I was in.

Ravens

Lakers

Sox

I had a good 10 years! :) lol

What were you doing 25 years ago?

Yikes, 9th grade! Worst year ever!! Man, I remember that explosion, that was crazy. I think they were showing the news coverage in school...; tragic.

I was actually working 10 years ago during the rally, but I remembered it was raining and still a whole mess of people inlcuding kids cutting school went to the parade.

I was a sophomore in high school and was in biology class doing a lab. A teacher ran in whispered what happened to our teacher and then my teacher told us all. About 45 seconds later my lab partner Kirk lit a match, shook it in the air putting it out, then waved it around leaving a smoke trail and asked "whats this?" then answered "the Challenger".

I dont post that because I think its funny now, or really did even then. Its the truth and I never forgot his reaction. Honestly he probably did get a smile out of me then. It was all so shocking.

I was a sophomore in high school and was in biology class doing a lab. A teacher ran in whispered what happened to our teacher and then my teacher told us all. About 45 seconds later my lab partner Kirk lit a match, shook it in the air putting it out, then waved it around leaving a smoke trail and asked "whats this?" then answered "the Challenger".

I dont post that because I think its funny now, or really did even then. Its the truth and I never forgot his reaction. Honestly he probably did get a smile out of me then. It was all so shocking.

I think I would have liked Kirk. I have a morbid sense of humor.

25 years ago I was figthing the Ivans, well not for real, but USSR and the other Warzaw pacts countries were the enemy for the NATO-pact, when I did my military service (obligations). We had the cold war in Europe.

And I was probably also doing a lot of drinking and smoking and dancing, a crazy soccer fan too, and never heard about Johnny U, but I recall Joe Montana he and his 49ers was the first time we saw the game, the SB came to Denmark in the early 1980s and was the only football we saw in Denmark, at that point we basically only knew the QBs, RBs, WRs and then something happend.. a dane a Kicker! named Morten Andersen. Then in 1994-5 we began to see more games, and from 1998 we began to see 1-2 games.. (and a lot of Morten Andersen games, sigh.) and finally I began to love football and defense and Ray Ray first of all, well also some Goose and Boulware.. and Jermaine and Priest and later Jamal was the obvious reasons why I became a Raven. And now we have +4 games every week.

About 45 seconds later my lab partner Kirk lit a match, shook it in the air putting it out, then waved it around leaving a smoke trail and asked "whats this?" then answered "the Challenger".

wow, I don't think that would even make 'truly tastless', it's that bad. but yeah I can see the humor in any spontaneous joke.