ExtremeRavens: The Sanctuary

4th and 29

vmax

Remember that?

Ravens/Chargers 2012. Week 12

Sure you do.

SAN DIEGO -- Fourth-and-29 at their own 37, 1:37 left in regulation and trailing by three points........Game over for the Baltimore Ravens?.....

Six plays later, Justin Tucker kicked a 38-yard field goal to tie the game at 13 as regulation expired. Tucker made another 38-yarder with 1:07 left in overtime to win it.

But it was Rice's 29-yard gain that saved the day and allowed the Ravens (9-2) to take an even firmer grip on the AFC North race....

Pushed back by a holding call against guard Marshal Yanda and a 9-yard sack of Flacco by Antwan Barnes, the Ravens were down to their last desperate shot.

"I was thinking we needed a miracle," Ravens linebacker Terrell Suggs said.

They got it...Ravens vs. Chargers - Game Recap - November 25, 2012 - ESPN

That play, or memorable moment, goes down in Ravens history because the Ravens who were 9-2 then, went on to lose 4 of their last 5 games, end up 10-6 and barely make the playoffs. Then came the equally miraculous run to the Super Bowl. If they don't make that play, then they miss the playoffs.

:gorave:

Last nights MNF win was just as huge, equally exciting and definitely a "Must Win." I don't think we'll forget this one.

Jackson threw a 44-yard, fourth-and-five touchdown pass to wide receiver Marquise Brown in his first play back. McSorley had injured his left knee while being thrown for a three-yard loss on a third-and-two running play with the Ravens trailing, 35-34. With usual backup quarterback Robert Griffin III on the injured reserve list and unavailable, wide receiver Willie Snead began taking snaps at a potential emergency quarterback. But by then, Jackson said, he already had been intent upon reentering the game...“It was like a scene out of a movie,” Browns quarterback Baker Mayfield said...oW9U5N.gif&ehk=tnSaHYPtPIk3rhBk1bjguFjDc....Kicker Justin Tucker’s 55-yard field goal with two seconds remaining won it for the Ravens, who pulled virtually even with the Miami Dolphins for the third and final wild-card spot in the AFC with matching 8-5 records.....Lamar Jackson’s dramatic return allows Ravens to beat Browns, 47-42, in NFL’s game of the year (msn.com)

Baltimore Ravens at Cleveland Browns, Week 14, December 14, 2020 Highlights Lamar Jackson Marquise Brown Touchdown TD

OH! Don't forget Tucker! He was the common thread between these 2 games. Clutch in both games. Greatest kicker of All Time. 

55 yards...freezing cold. 

We all flipped out. You can't make this kind of stuff up.

“If you wrote a movie about this, people wouldn’t believe it,’' Ravens coach John Harbaugh, who improved to 22-4 over the Browns, said. “They’d say it could never happen. ‘Reality is stranger than fiction,’ or whatever that saying is.’'...Lamar Jackson comes storming out of the locker room to beat the Browns, 47-42, in a wild shootout with Baker Mayfield - cleveland.com

Now....for this great game to really matter, the Ravens have to win out and get help. 

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcSiS3rLY7IO0VGbEoLZzbC..“We’re tough,” Jackson said. “We finished the game, finally. We’ve just got to keep stacking” victories.

Love it! Meaningful games in December.

Todays Question:

Does this game make the Ravens top 5 or top 10 games in Ravens history list?

Edited by vmax

Who knows how important it will be when all is said and done - but for me this is one of the best Raven's wins ever. Regular season at least. 

Crazy game, very entertaining game. At times they looked awesome,  at times terrible. But they made a few huge plays and earned a tough tough win on the road.

The ER Board begs to ask...images?q=tbn:ANd9GcR9h_3R9s08dIIuw7ENFXL....   "What do you think Mike?

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcQ-zeQHt4ebjLw4EAQxYem ..."I'm so glad that you asked and honored to be here.  One of the wildest wins in Ravens history was also one of their most important. But the victory was a big one for this team, almost as big as any in the team’s 25-year history.....Mike Preston: One of the wildest wins in Ravens history was also one of their most important | COMMENTARY - Baltimore Sun

1 hour ago, tsylvester said:

Remember another 4th & 29? A 29 pt comeback at home against Seattle, with Anthony Wright at qb!? Half the stadium left by the third quarter, some came back, others tried, but we rocked out the stadium as the Ravens roared back...

Never Forget it. I was there with my son. I was feeling down at half time and he said "Dad, we're going to win."

You can see the whole game here....

Ravens 25 Greatest Games | Baltimore Ravens – baltimoreravens.com

1 minute ago, vmax said:

Never Forget it. I was there with my son. I was feeling down at half time and he said "Dad, we're going to win."

You can see the whole game here....

Ravens 25 Greatest Games | Baltimore Ravens – baltimoreravens.com

I was there as well, I swear that stadium sounded just as loud half empty as it does fully packed; we rocked it out

Yea...Same high noise volume. Banging on seats.

I had been programed from birth to never, ever, leave a game early. Crazy unforeseen stuff happens in the NFL. I always hung around and saw it. Like the day the air plane landed in the upper deck at Memorial Stadium.

I must have really given up, because I was thinking about leaving at half time. My son changed that, The fans changed that. And Holy Shit what a game! And memory.