ExtremeRavens: The Sanctuary

Sedition

vmax

What is about to happen in Congress is Sedition pure and simple.

This is sedition, plain and simple. No amount of playacting and rationalizing can change the fact that the majority of the Republican Party and its apologists are advocating for the overthrow of an American election and the continued rule of a sociopathic autocrat. 

Engaging in sedition for insincere reasons does not make it less hideous. Arguing that you betrayed the Constitution only as theater is no defense.

Indeed, shredding the Constitution purely for personal gain is perhaps the worst of the sins of the sedition caucus...........we are, in the main, dealing with people who are far worse than true believers. The Republican Party is infested with craven opportunists,.......These are men who understand perfectly well what they are doing...

The sedition caucus is worse than a treasonous conspiracy. At least real traitors believe in something. These people instead believe only in their own fortunes and thus will change flags and loyalties as circumstances require. They will always become what they pretend to be, and so they cannot—and must not—be trusted ever again with political power...........Worse Than Treason (msn.com)

This is a very dark day in the history of the United  States coming up.

4 hours ago, papasmurfbell said:

Why it shows nancy is weak and feckless.  Every house member who signed on to that Texas AG suit should never have been sworn into office yesterday.  The 14th amendment says they cant serve.  

I love that idea.

That latter charge seemed most appealing to two professors of  Western Michigan University’s Cooley Law School.

It reads:

“If two or more persons in any State or Territory, or in any place subject to the jurisdiction of the United States, conspire to overthrow, put down, or to destroy by force the Government of the United States, or to levy war against them, or to oppose by force the authority thereof, or by force to prevent, hinder, or delay the execution of any law of the United States, or by force to seize, take, or possess any property of the United States contrary to the authority thereof, they shall each be fined under this title or imprisoned not more than twenty years, or both.".............

The phrase “delay the execution of the law” is key, and what was seen from some of the Trump supporters Wednesday, said Devin Schindler, a law professor who once clerked for the 9th Circuit Court of Appeals.

“For at least some of these protesters, particularly the ones that broke into the Capitol, I think there's an extraordinarily strong case that they used force to delay, to hinder, the execution of our laws governing the election and how electoral votes are counted,” he said. “It seems fairly clear to me, based on what we're seeing, that folks are in fact, almost textbook violating this seditious conspiracy statute by using force to interfere with lawful government activity...What is sedition? US Capitol breach 'almost textbook': legal expert (usatoday.com)

19 minutes ago, papasmurfbell said:

Also reading that could it not be argued that cheeto first prodded them to go to the capital?  Also once the invasion was in full swing for quite he didnt send any message out to stop.  

He told them around noon to marth to the Capitol and he'd be going with them. He was MIA 

I said it long before the election.  If he lost I thought he would be in talks with someone to take him.  I thought he would take a state visit and just not come back.  Since that hasnt happened I am wondering if other countries are just saying we dont want you.  I think he is locked in here.   I would suspect that various prosecutors are ready to go to court to ask fro his passport.  But he has a personal jet so I would claim flight risk and that he needs to be held until trial.

5 hours ago, deeshopper said:

I feel like he's going to sneak off to Russia during the inauguration. He'll be next door neighbors to Edward Snowden. His passports should be cancelled now.

I thought cads like this went to South America.

8 hours ago, deeshopper said:

I feel like he's going to sneak off to Russia during the inauguration. He'll be next door neighbors to Edward Snowden. His passports should be cancelled now.

Maybe, just maybe if he did that - some of his idiot followers might realize they have been duped. Probably not, but maybe.