ExtremeRavens: The Sanctuary

Japan's National Disaster

vmax

They are getting wasted from all directions. Earthquakes, tsunami's, fires, nuclear radiation, no food, no water and freezing cold. Their stock market is dropping...this is really sad.

I don't think I've seen anything like this in my lifetime.

This is what's comming to California one day.

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

A senior government official said it now seems that the nuclear fuel rods inside all three functioning reactors at the Fukushima Dai-ichi complex are melting. Units 1 and 3 earlier also saw drops in water levels.

"Although we cannot directly check it, it's highly likely happening," Chief Cabinet Secretary Yukio Edano said.

Some experts would consider melting fuel rods a partial meltdown. Others, though, reserve that term for times when nuclear fuel melts through a reactor's innermost chamber but not through the outer containment shell.

Officials held out the possibility that, too, may be happening. "It's impossible to say whether there has or has not been damage" to the vessels, Kumagai said.

If a complete reactor meltdown — where the uranium core melts through the outer containment shell — were to occur, a wave of radiation would be released, resulting in major, widespread health problems.

Also unclear is whether the pools housing used fuel are being cooled to prevent a radiation release.

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/42066534?gt1=43001

Did you see that man they saved on a roof washed out 9 miles in the sea?

And waves of bodies are floating ashore...just horribly sad.

I'm still disgusted by the CNBC anchor/analyst who said something to the effect of "Well, thank goodness the human toll was worse than the economic toll from all this."

Right. Let's all be thankful our money's safe. A few thousand dead ain't nothing as long as my money's okay.

Amazing to think a quake of that size moved the entire island by 8 feet and shifted the Earth's tilt by some measurable amount.

I'm still disgusted by the CNBC anchor/analyst who said something to the effect of "Well, thank goodness the human toll was worse than the economic toll from all this."

You can't be serious. For real!?!

Right. Let's all be thankful our money's safe. A few thousand dead ain't nothing as long as my money's okay.

Amazing to think a quake of that size moved the entire island by 8 feet and shifted the Earth's tilt by some measurable amount.

Well it is a financial world. Cnbc is a financial channel. Ultimately the money matters. That is what is important. In business it is about the bottom line. That is it.

You can't be serious. For real!?!

Here is his quote:

“The human toll here looks to be much worse than the economic toll and we can be grateful for that.”

Papa, I understand where you are coming from but he could have stated things from that perspective many different ways that would have been far less offensive and callous. As it is any way I look at that quote its just wrong to me, and I wouldnt listen to someone who made a statement like that for financial (or any other ) advice because I question the intelligence of someone who would say such at thing at the time he did.

Here is his quote:

“The human toll here looks to be much worse than the economic toll and we can be grateful for that.”

Jesus. That is some f**ked up s**t to say. :blink:

Here is his quote:

Papa, I understand where you are coming from but he could have stated things from that perspective many different ways that would have been far less offensive and callous. As it is any way I look at that quote its just wrong to me, and I wouldnt listen to someone who made a statement like that for financial (or any other ) advice because I question the intelligence of someone who would say such at thing at the time he did.

I am in no way saying what or how he said was right. I am just speaking from a reality point of view. It is what it is.

That guy better get fired. Is it CNN or NBC?

I'll boycott the channel.

The debris that is left is not just some logs and wood on the ground...it's 10 feet thick with mud...and bodies. That's why they can't get a death toll count.

I hope more relief makes it to those people today.

It's CNBC, which is an NBC/MSNBC affiliate.

Meanwhile, I know the guy was really trying to say "Thankfully the markets haven't tanked." But there's a wrong way to say such things and he said it the wrong way.

I also know that it's just capitalism. I will borrow from a friend, though... do you need any more proof that capitalism/corporations/banks/big business don't care about you? Do you need any more proof that it clearly doesn't matter who you are or what their products do to you? You're just a number to them, a potential dollar, and you are replaceable so long as your death or pain doesn't cost them investors.

Absolutely agree. Last week I saw a talk by Jerry from Ben and Jerry's fame. He was talking about how they got started and business. At one point they were going to quit because they stopped being ice cream guys and became business men. They were talked out of it by a guy saying your business doesn't have to be just a bottom line use and abuse people org. So they designed their business to not only look at the bottom line but what they do to help the community.

Obviously it was more in depth but that is the general gist. Companies that are like that cannot make up 1% of corporation out there. It is red or black to them and nothing else. That is the economic society we chose to live in so we need to deal with the consequences of that decision.

I agree. But I think as consumers we have a choice too to make a difference.

I'm no super advocate, but baby steps... Work for a non-profit or small business, not a mega corp. Buy from small businesses and non-profits. Support them. Choose public or non-profit radio and media if possible... avoid even the ad influence. Baby steps.

The non-profit like the Red Cross who is going to be raking in the cash and pocketing it on this tragedy.

Did you seriously post that? :blink:

Yeah because it is true. They did it 9/11, Katrina, Haiti, and many others. It is documented. They have people making millions a yr running Red Cross. Their administrative costs are way to high. It is about the people there making a ton of cash.

Doctors without Borders from what I know gets the cash to the people that are in trouble.