ExtremeRavens: The Sanctuary

Still the daddy's Bungles.

cravnravn

Bengals

What to know: The Bengals got the humbling lesson they desperately wanted to avoid. Cincinnati blew an 11-point fourth-quarter lead and, despite being heavy favorites, suffered a stunning upset. Cincinnati was coming off a massive win over Baltimore. And against a one-win New York team, the Bengals squandered a chance at a thee-game winning streak and instead created questions about whether they can sustain their strong start. -- Ben Baby

Is the defensive performance concerning? A little. The Bengals have statistically been one of the NFL's best defenses this season and were coming off a dominating performance against the Ravens and quarterback Lamar Jackson. Cincinnati was straight-up walloped by first-time starter Mike White, who threw for 405 yards and three TDs. -- Baby

Baby's confidence rating (0-10): 6.5, down from 8.5. Some of the Bengals' old ghosts -- shaky offensive play early and a bad defensive outing -- showed up in the worst way in the Meadowlands.

Next game: vs. Browns (1 p.m. ET, Sunday).......NFL Week 8 takeaways - What we learned, big questions for every game and future team outlooks (espn.com)

• 4 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

I think this thread was way to early.  Going into the season I thought the Steelers and Bengals would fight for last place.  Cincy is at least a yr ahead of time.  Now getting a few good looks at them we are screwed with this burrow and chase combo.  They are devastating.  They can't keep that triplets of wide receivers but trade one and draft his replacement.  Also I expect them to start solidifying that ol in 22.  

I see slippage for even a healthy ravens.  I think cincy maybe the afcn winner for a while.

• 3 weeks later...