ExtremeRavens: The Sanctuary

Ravens vs Browns Week 14

vmax

Fabulous ending, fitting a play call cost this team a miraculous comback. It just shows that the Browns are that bad, the play calling even worse.

If this team had a quarterback who could throw deep accurately, Ravens win.... Alas, 8-5, soon to be 8-7...

The defense played very well, against a bad Browns offense...

Just now, tsylvester said:

Fabulous ending, fitting a play call cost this team a miraculous comback. It just shows that the Browns are that bad, the play calling even worse.

If this team had a quarterback who could throw deep accurately, Ravens win.... Alas, 8-5, soon to be 8-7...

The defense played very well, against a bad Browns offense...

We'll still be in first place, Bungles ain't beating San Fran...Bungles had their Super Bowl already

10 minutes ago, papasmurfbell said:

Doesn't that say how much Lamar has regressed?

Yes, it sure does. Now, why is that? If anything, Huntley playing has showed us what Bateman can do, & how far Lamar has fallen. What we don't know is why? Brain fog for one reason or another? Eye sight? Fear of making a mistake?

Looking for that big play too often? Those plays that were made today, let's be honest, only 1 was a great throw but also an incredible catch by Bateman. All of the rest were easy throws with great effort by Bateman & Andrews (32 yard catch & run)

Once again we saw the play calling/design haunt this team. Frankly, I think Roman has worn out his welcome.

• Upvote 1

8 minutes ago, tsylvester said:

Yes, it sure does. Now, why is that? If anything, Huntley playing has showed us what Bateman can do, & how far Lamar has fallen. What we don't know is why? Brain fog for one reason or another? Eye sight? Fear of making a mistake?

Looking for that big play too often? Those plays that were made today, let's be honest, only 1 was a great throw but also an incredible catch by Bateman. All of the rest were easy throws with great effort by Bateman & Andrews (32 yard catch & run)

Once again we saw the play calling/design haunt this team. Frankly, I think Roman has worn out his welcome.

I think Lamar is liking exclusively for the hr play.  Teams get that and make it hard for him to get it.  Instead of taking the good play repeatedly and forcing the defenses to shift he forces it and loses.  

Also I think Lamar has been hurt for weeks.  

Unless the fo pull the ultimatum and force turdbaugh to fire Roman he is back next yr.

Silver lining:

We shut them down in the 2nd half. Zero points. Their offense was a defensive score and a very very questionable call on Westry in the 1st half. Eliminate those two plays and the Ravens win. 

I would definitely start Huntley vs Green Bay, I don't know what it is but the oline came alive and opened holes and gave more protection to Huntley.

4 minutes ago, cravnravn said:

Silver lining:

We shut them down in the 2nd half. Zero points. Their offense was a defensive score and a very very questionable call on Westry in the 1st half. Eliminate those two plays and the Ravens win. 

I would definitely start Huntley vs Green Bay, I don't know what it is but the oline came alive and opened holes and gave more protection to Huntley.

Who ever made the choice to call pass plays at the end of the half needs to go. You don't lose your starter and have your back up come in and throw with less than 2 mins in the half, at your goal line and it being on his less than 10 plays. That fumble was as much on the coaches as it was on Vill & Huntley. That is seven pts right there.

The Browns took their foot off the gas with a 24-3 lead in the 2nd half and Lamar out. So while the defense did shut them out, I would not put too much into how they played.

The final score was close but the game never that close.

28 minutes ago, cravnravn said:

Silver lining:

That one really nice throw he made against the blitz towards the end? Lamar isn't making those throws.  At best he is going incomplete.  Huntley moves the chains.  

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, cravnravn said:

I don't know T, D stuffed them in the 2nd half. We had opportunities. But a cold replacement QB. Understandably so too. Hopefully Huntley gets another full week like he did vs Chicago....couple defensive foot stomps next Sunday will shut Rogers down. 

Yeah, I hear ya. No way they beat GB, it is the most complete team in the NFL. Good running game, great qb with a solid receiving core. Their defense is solid. Maybe if the Ravens have a Lamar of last year, but not him of this year.

Huntley, no chance not even with a full week of reps. He was dreadful in the Chi town game, no matter what his stats ended up. Some real lucky calls against a very bad Bears team...