ExtremeRavens: The Sanctuary

Ravens vs Browns Week 14

vmax

Image result for 2021 ravens vs browns images

1pm Sunday at Cleveland. Ravens win probability 46.2%. So What!!!

"You know, if you can take some of these things and look at them for what they are and say, ‘Oh, that’s interesting,’ in terms of do I perceive it in a bigger way, like the ball … Like the miracle in Detroit, what does that say? It’s incredible," Harbaugh said. "Oh, well we didn’t have the miracle against Pittsburgh. What does that mean?’ What does it mean? It means it didn’t happen. So, what’s next? … There’s an old story that [asks], ‘Who is going to go?’ ‘Send me, I’ll go.’ Don’t we all have to make that choice in life? Are you going to go? Or are you not going to go? Kind of ‘woe is me’ to your question, [but] I’m going to go. I know you guys all in your lives feel the same way; you’re going to go. 

:bow: "So, we’re going to go, man. We’re going to go. We can’t wait. We’ll be going to Cleveland, I promise you.”  :gorave:

See the source image

Team Stats

bal.png&h=100&w=100 cle.png&h=100&w=100
Points Per Game 23.5 21.2
Points Allowed Per Game 21.7 22.3
Total Yards 407.3 372.0
Yards Passing 260.3 224.9
Yards Rushing 147.1 147.1
Yards Allowed 371.8 332.6
Pass Yards Allowed 287.5 227.3
Rush Yards Allowed 84.3 105.3

See the source image

46 minutes ago, tsylvester said:

It's been an incredible season to this point. Let the memories of the 8-3 record keep us as we watch December end 8-7

I'm not surrendering to that. Yea...it can certainly happen, yet I think there is still more in the tank and character for this team and organization.

Again, yes it can happen. Especially since all football logic says no team can overcome this...

Baltimore Ravens (8-4)

Health rating: 1

Players on IR: 22

Starts missed because of injury: 81

How badly has your team been hurt? Few teams are as banged up as the Ravens, but Baltimore has remarkably been able to overcome the widespread injuries. The Ravens lead the AFC North, which makes you wonder how good this team would be fully healthy. Baltimore isn't as explosive on offense without its top two running backs (J.K. Dobbins and Gus Edwards). The Ravens aren't protecting Lamar Jackson as effectively without Pro Bowl left tackle Ronnie Stanley. And the defense isn't producing many turnovers without All-Pro cornerback Marcus Peters. But the team has been able to survive by winning some close games. -- Jamison Hensley...Which NFL teams are healthiest for the homestretch? We do an injury checkup for all 32 (espn.com)

Edited by vmax

OK........ the Corners are Averett, Smith and Young. Stephens can be moved around in a pinch to help out. You have Clark, Stone and Levine for safeties. 

The Front 7 is in good shape to stop the run. Now...in the current situation it has to be now or never......they must get a ton of FAST HEAT on the QB to help these guys out.

The Ravens season is down to that. The Offense will figure it out. They still have plenty of talent, even with the holes.

Image result for Good Morning Ravens

Edited by vmax

And this has to change immediately for any chance to win Sunday....players were open all the time....

But the main culprit in Pittsburgh appeared to be Jackson. According to a review of the Steelers’ sacks, he had at least one receiver open when he last set his feet to throw on most, if not all, of his doomed drop-backs. It’s impossible in some cases to tell where Jackson was in his progression or whether certain receivers in his line of sight were obscured. But time and again, he had opportunities to get rid of the ball, only to tuck it away and scramble into trouble.

Pittsburgh was aggressive Sunday, but not overly so; none of the Steelers’ seven sacks came on “Cover 0″ coverages, which put defenses in blitz-heavy, man-to-man looks with no safety help. Jackson faced five pass rushers on five of his takedowns and just four on the other two...Ravens film study: QB Lamar Jackson’s ambitious approach gets offense into trouble vs. Steelers - Baltimore Sun

“Ravens transactions today ...

footballDesignated OT Ja'Wuan James (Achilles) to return to practice

footballPlaced CB Marlon Humphrey on IR

footballActivated CB Kevon Seymour from the reserve/COVID-19 list”

“Ravens had 8 players, including 3 defensive backs, not practicing Wednesday:

CB Anthony Averett (shoulder/ankle)

S Chuck Clark

DB Anthony Levine

FB Patrick Ricard (foot/thigh)

OT Patrick Mekari (hand)

TE Nick Boyle (knee) 

DE Calais Campbell

OLB Justin Houston”

6 hours ago, vmax said:

And this has to change immediately for any chance to win Sunday....players were open all the time....

Gee...I just cross posted this link in the Ravens/Steelers thread. You beat me to it.

https://digitaledition.baltimoresun.com/html5/desktop/production/default.aspx?edid=dafc3e6d-dfca-4e9f-ae12-c4296dbc4ef8

Update:

Jamison Hensley on Twitter
“Ravens practice report Thursday

ABSENT: FB Patrick Ricard (back), RT Patrick Mekari (hand), TE Nick Boyle (knee), LT Alejandro Villanueva*, NT Brandon Williams*

RETURN: CB Anthony Averett (knee), DE Calais Campbell (illness), DB Anthony Levine (knee)

*-Likely rest days”

Here's my keen insight for today: Go Vikings! The Ravens will take care of business somehow Sunday. The Bengals stumble again and once again...the Sun Shines in Baltimore! Everybodys going to gobble each other up for the next 5 weeks. It's like that fish movie....NEMO!.......The Ravens just have to "Keep Swimming!"Image result for findingnemoimages

The Steelers are done. Image result for images drowning in quicksand Time to get some separation in the North. 

"The Steel curtain looked more like a cheese cloth....

In the aftermath, the splendid sprinter out of Florida State graciously told Fox sideline reporter Erin Andrews that with the holes blown in Pittsburgh’s defense by his offensive line, she could have done serious damage herself.

“You could have got the ball and ran through,” Cook gushed on the postgame TVGene Collier: Don't be fooled by late surge — Steelers-Vikings was over before it began | Pittsburgh Post-Gazette

Edited by vmax

Two Thumbs Up! :yeah:

🚨🚨🚨

Good injury news alert for Ravens:

Baltimore had only TWO players absent from Friday’s practice: CB Jimmy Smith and OT Patrick Mekari.

A welcomed sight for a team that has placed 23 players on IR at some point this season.”

IN YOUR FACE...from John....

“John Harbaugh on his brother Jim Harbaugh, who won The AP college football coach of the year: "He's always been a great coach. All those who want to pile on, especially some of the local media there, there you have it. Back in your face. He would never say it. But I'll say it."”

Browns injuries.............

https://twitter.com/Jake_Trotter/status/1469358992904409095?s=20

Jake Trotter (@Jake_Trotter)
TE Harrison Bryant (ankle) and WR Anthony Schwartz (concussion) both officially out Sunday #Browns

Twitter•Today at 12:30 PM
[1:09 PM]
https://twitter.com/Jake_Trotter/status/1469361219152850948?s=20

#Browns TE David Njoku (COVID) has officially been ruled out of Sunday’s game vs. Ravens

Twitter•Today at 12:39 PM
[1:10 PM]
https://twitter.com/Jake_Trotter/status/1469361538217693185?s=20

LB Anthony Walker and P Jamie Gillan, both on the covid list, have been ruled out for Sunday as well, per coach Kevin Stefanski #Browns

Twitter•Today at 12:41 PM

Edited by vmax

4 hours ago, vmax said:

IN YOUR FACE...from John....

“John Harbaugh on his brother Jim Harbaugh, who won The AP college football coach of the year: "He's always been a great coach. All those who want to pile on, especially some of the local media there, there you have it. Back in your face. He would never say it. But I'll say it."”

It's been now long since you got there and you finally beat osu.  This has been a great season but I suspect It's a 1 and done season.  Osu will not be this weak again.  You are going to be graduating out so much talent.  I suspect Jim is back to being an also ran again in 22.

16 hours ago, papasmurfbell said:

It's been now long since you got there and you finally beat osu.  This has been a great season but I suspect It's a 1 and done season.  Osu will not be this weak again.  You are going to be graduating out so much talent.  I suspect Jim is back to being an also ran again in 22.

He's never had a real qb who could win games for him, still doesn't. I agree, they caught OSU at the right time, his qb made 3 important throws that he normally misses. Result, instead of costing them the game, it won it for them. Can they beat the Dawgs? I doubt it, but UGA, also has a qb who, when under pressure makes the key mistakes.

In essence, this is Lamar right now, the defenee speeds him up and he makes the critical turnovers...

44 degrees and sunny in Cleveland at kick off.  It will be windy...18mph winds with gusts up to 25 mph.

Just a Thought: One thing that will greatly improve the Ravens chances of winning today is TO NOT THROW 4 INTERCEPTIONS. I mean...just saying......OIP.png

Inactives today..........

Jeff Zrebiec (@jeffzrebiec)
Ravens inactives: FB Pat Ricard (knee/back), WR M. Boykin (finger), TE Nick Boyle (knee), RT Pat Mekari (hand), DB Jimmy Smith
Ricard and Boyle out is big deal as far as ability to help OTs against Garrett/Clowney. Smith was not on injury report. He'll go down as healthy scratch

Twitter•Today at 11:30 AM

4 hours ago, vmax said:

44 degrees and sunny in Cleveland at kick off.  It will be windy...18mph winds with gusts up to 25 mph.

Just a Thought: One thing that will greatly improve the Ravens chances of winning today is TO NOT THROW 4 INTERCEPTIONS. I mean...just saying......OIP.png

Come on we can go tying a hand behind our back.