ExtremeRavens: The Sanctuary

A Summary of Where the Ravens Are at This Point

oldno82

Well it could be that this year in particular we have so many holes to fill in the draft that they don't want to use up one for a temporary RB. I know you can always grab one as late as the 3rd round but there may be better uses when the 3rd comes up. It's all about having options.

10 hours ago, oldno82 said:

Well it could be that this year in particular we have so many holes to fill in the draft that they don't want to use up one for a temporary RB. I know you can always grab one as late as the 3rd round but there may be better uses when the 3rd comes up. It's all about having options.

5th and later picks routinely turn out as very good.  It's a dime a dozen position.

22 minutes ago, papasmurfbell said:

5th and later picks routinely turn out as very good.  It's a dime a dozen position.

Yeah, wouldn't mind seeing James Cook taken in the 4th or 5th. Young, quick, fast runner who loves contact. Sure he needs some muscle, but he would be a huge upgrade over Hill

Well Elliot and Watson are officially gone, both on 1 year deals. Interesting that Elliot chose to take a 1 year deal with the Lions instead of here.. Did the Ravens not want him?

Did he not like the new defensive coordinator?

Not that I think he was a top safety, but he was good enough for spot duty and special teams..

Comp picks next year are going to be scarce

I agree that he is good enough to play in spots. I don't know why he didn't stay here unless they offered him more money and more playing time. Anybody know what he got and what we were offering? Maybe he wanted to play as a #1 and he's not worth that.

Man, so many holes to fill: center, left tackle, running back, defensive line, pass rusher, linebacker, secondary. We've got more holes to fill than we have topsoil. So much is going to depend on Stanley, Dobbins, Gus coming back and being able to go at the same level as before the injuries. I don't think we did enough in free agency to plug the many holes we have. I know cap space is tight. I think we're going to be in for another down year. Looks like a 2-year rebuilding project to me before we get back to the playoffs.

They have 10 picks. For sure they won't hit on most of them. So what can we count on in the draft? Two or three starters max? That leaves a lot of holes.

FWIW CBS has the Ravens trading down to get more picks. Don't like the idea personally. Maybe we should trade up to get a bona-fide star pass rusher.

5 hours ago, papasmurfbell said:

Boykin finally cut.  He never should have made the team last yr.  Throw guys in the dog house for inexplicable reasons but keep a dude who eats space on a roster.

Bout time, another failed drafted receiver, work out warrior who can't play...