ExtremeRavens: The Sanctuary

A Summary of Where the Ravens Are at This Point

oldno82

Yea that was good. :gorave:

I wish Lamar would sign before Free Agency for his own good, the good of the team and the organization. Lamar is a master at being mysterious and different.  It's not an ideal situation for the Ravens but it beats trying to find a QB who can lead you to the playoffs and further this year in the NFL. Pickings are slim for Free Agency, trades and the draft. I looked hard at who a team might be able to get. Not appetizing.

7 hours ago, papasmurfbell said:

Or trade him and let Huntley be a space filler until the 23 draft.

Trouble is, you usually have to have the first or second pick to get a good quarterback these days and where would you get it from and how would you know where that trade partner would finish a year ahead of time. Better all around if Lamar signs in the next few weeks.

Trade Lamar and min 1 first.  Trade out of the 14 pick to get a 23 first rounder.  And the 23 first we will get anyways.  That is 3 1st round picks.  That is enough capital to get there.

If Huntley played they might get the 1st pick.  In that case they have their guy plus 2 first rounders to fix major holes.

Also if that's the plan trade Hollywood also.  Prob only a 2nd but I would take it.

papa please play GM for the Commanders.

It's time to admit that Queen has been a disappointment. FYI: Queen was 44th in total tackles. 35th in solo tackles. 169th in sacks with 2, 0 INT's. 1 FF 81st in NFL. I mean he don't make off the bench on most Ravens rosters of the past.

Here's why the Ravens need to draft a CB and not just a body in the later rounds who can fill in...."In just a dozen games, Humphrey was targeted 84 times and gave up career highs in receiving yards (665), yards per target (7.9), yards per completion (14.8), touchdowns (6), and an opposing passer rating of (98.6) on just 45 completions." Marlon was probably distracted covering for others yet the numbers are not good. I like Averett but not as a starter. Not against the great QB's and receivers the Ravens will face. Peters will be 30 coming off an injury...........I'm really thinking #14 pick must be a CB to get a solid starter. I would be fine with BPA, a DT, OT. or pass rusher at 14 too.

It looks like a critical moment in time for the Ravens organization. The is Lamar contract to get done. They can ace this Free Agency and Draft and continue to be a perennial playoff contender or regress.

Age, injuries, and players not developing as fast as hoped has opened up a lot of team weaknesses or areas that need to be strengthened. O'line, D' line, edge rusher, ILB's, CB's ....yea...there is need at a lot of positions. Last season showed they have depth yet it was not good enough or deep enough to win in the second half of the season. Some of these depth players like Stephens show promise.

image.jpeg.1811afff0e6023b6884a45eaa5c833ef.jpeg

This may be the most important off season in Ravens history; not an overstatement for sure. Whether the draft or free agency, Ravens players included, this could be a mark against or for Eric; make or break his career.

Hold on folks, it's going to be a bumpy ride...

I see donut man has come around to my posts about the middle linebacker position... Hi Mikey

Any fans who want to trade or let Lamar go (papa) need to watch what the Steelers are about to experience in trying to find a QB who can lead them to the playoffs.  How many will they go through until they find their guy? How many seasons?

I don't want to go through that as a Ravens fan. I like winning. I like offense. I like exciting football.

It's thinning out.....getting ready for 3/16....free agency.

Baltimore extended tenders to the following six players:

C Trystan Colon
QB Tyler Huntley
LS Nick Moore
S Geno Stone
LB Kristian Welch
RB Ty'Son Williams
[7:29 PM]
It looks like the Ravens CAP situation went from $9 mil this morning to $17 mil tonight with the release of Young and Villanueva's retirement.

Jamison Hensley on Twitter
“When free agency begins, here are the 6 CBs on Ravens roster:

Marlon Humphrey: Coming off season-ending injury
Marcus Peters: Coming off season-ending injury
Iman Marshall: Hasn't played since 2019
Kevon Seymour: 7 career starts
Kevin Toliver: 2 starts
Robert Jackson: 1 start”

“When free agency begins, here are 5 OTs on Ravens roster:

Ronnie Stanley: Coming off season-ending injury
Ja'Wuan James: Hasn't played since 2019
*Patrick Mekari: 731 snaps at OT in '21
*Tyre Phillips: 328 snaps at OT
Jaryd Jones-Smith: 6 career games

*-Can also play interior”
[7:51 PM]
This is who is left

See the source image

“Patrick Ricard, the Ravens' Pro Bowl fullback, lined up at tight end on 50.6% of his snaps (301 of 594) last season. It makes sense that he would look to get paid more as a tight end in free agency.”

He wants around $6.5 mil a year. Boyle TE money. He now becomes a luxury. Maybe Phillips can take over Ricards spot? :fishin: You have to watch this in full screen mode.

Perthaps this is why the Ravens were not interested in Mack.

Jeff Zrebiec • TweetShift
BOT
 — Today at 11:55 AM
Gives you an idea of just how much quality edge rushers will cost on the open market. https://t.co/01jp0miKs6
Twitter
Adam Schefter on Twitter
“Dolphins and Emmanuel Ogbah have reached agreement on a 4-year, $65 million deal that includes $32 million fully guaranteed at signing, per his agent @DrewJRosenhaus.”

A dark horse pick for the Ravens?
https://t.co/6TThU1HyHO
Two Pass Rushers Who Could Be a Dark Horse Pick for Ravens
If the Ravens opt for a pass rusher in in the first round, Jermaine Johnson II of Florida State and George Karlaftis of Purdue are two possibilities.

Edited by vmax

“Ravens' 2022 draft picks

-1st round (No. 14 overall)
-2nd
-3rd
-3rd (comp for Culley)
-4th
-4th (via NYG in Bredeson trade)
-4th (from AZ in 2021 draft-day trade)
-4th (comp for Judon)
-4th (comp for Ngakoue)