ExtremeRavens: The Sanctuary

A Summary of Where the Ravens Are at This Point

oldno82

• 2 weeks later...

So, now that we learn that Brown has wanted out of this system, off of this team essentially since he was drafted, what does this mean for the franchise?

Is any decent wide out going to want to sign here? Is our very good now 2n year wide out, now the star of this wide out offense, going to want out too?

Yes Brown wanted out for "selfish reasons", but when we think on this, can we blame him?

I think every fan has said "get rid of Roman", well, Brown just did... so to speak...

We know the history of this organization, they have never developed a wide out. We've had a few older vets come in and play well; Smith, Bolden, both loved playing here, to name two...

So is this just a selfish receiver who wantes big numbers to get a big pay day?

Or is there far more to this?

I think it is a problem when you have a run heavy offense like we have. I don't think we'll get anywhere with signing good free agent receivers to this team. Why would they want to come here if they're not allowed to produce? Fortunately, Bateman is here and hopefully Roman gets his head out of his ass and adds more passing plays to the offense. That might happen and it might not. I think Roman was changing a little bit in that direction last season and Brown was a prima donna type. So we have to wait and see if Lamar is allowed more passing opportunities this season. and who he throws to.

I really wonder how Lamar is going to take it too now that his bestie is gone. Will he demand a trade too? Or will he grow up a bit more? Only time will tell.

I just read where Brown was the 10th most targeted receiver in the league last year.

And then there's this: https://www.baltimoresun.com/sports/ravens/bs-sp-ravens-2022-nfl-draft-grades-20220501-b4org6ag3venxmtntzc22to3pu-story.html#nt=pf-double chain~ravens-main-chain~feed-driven flex feature~automated~ravens-1~B4ORG6AG3VENXMTNTZC22TO3PU~1~1~1~5~art yes.

All these positive reviews on the draft give me hope. There is also consensus that the Ojabo pick was a steal.

There have been a number of players over the years where the draft pundits claim so & so was a steal only to end up being a bust...Elam was a steal, whoops, Chris Woremly was a steal, whoops, even Oweh, though it is too early to tell about him.

It is the same for every team, some players are rated too high, some too low...

Well, of course everything now is all conjecture. We might not even see Ojabo until 2023 camp. But the consensus is that the draft as a whole for B'more was extremely good. I just hope that as a minimum our first round picks turn out to be starters this year.

The Ravens have made a good haul of UDFA's. 6 receivers in that group. they should find one player there.

Preston says the season comes down to this now: "The success of the Ravens’ draft class and 2022 season will be determined by how well the team’s medical and training staff can rehabilitate and return their top players to the field." Mike Preston: Ravens’ draft deserves praise, but 2022 season will be determined by player health | COMMENTARY – Baltimore Sun

I agree with Mikey. I would just add that the players have to be motivated in their rehab as well. It's a tough road they have but they have to have that mindset of great determination. If Yanda and Suggs were still around they'd be able to tell that to the guys that have never been injured before in their early careers.

• 3 weeks later...
3 hours ago, papasmurfbell said:

Thoughts on Lamar missing otas?  

If as he says his only goal is winning a sb why is he not here?

Meh, it's a volunteer camp for a few days of Circle jerks... He has been to every camp up till now, so maybe missing this one, working on his rap skills, fixing his menu for the restaurant will help him focus later in the season when pressure really mounts.

It's not as if there are new weapons to work with...

• 3 weeks later...

From Harbaugh's presser today: “Ronnie’s ankle is looking great,” :gorave: Harbaugh continued. “Ronnie’s mission now will be to get in the best shape of his life."

56 minutes ago, vmax said:

From Harbaugh's presser today: “Ronnie’s ankle is looking great,” :gorave: Harbaugh continued. “Ronnie’s mission now will be to get in the best shape of his life."

Get is shape? He should be in great shape, you can work out other ways even with a bum wheel...