ExtremeRavens: The Sanctuary

Rogers, highest paid ever- signs extension

tsylvester

I am old enough to have seen many of the greatest quarterbacks play this game. In my opinion, Rogers is the best of the bunch. Sure, some have more superbowl rings, but then many of them had better teams, better players around them. Many of them played at a time when there was no salary cap, when teams stayed together.

A well deserved, from a players standpoint, raise.

Aaron Rodgers will be back with the Green Bay Packers in 2022 -- and beyond. The reigning NFL MVP agreed to a four-year, $200 million extension with the Packers that will make him the highest-paid player in NFL history with a $50 million average annual salary, CBS Sports NFL Insiders Jason La Canfora and Jonathan Jones confirmed.

Rodgers will receive $153 million guaranteed as part of the extension, NFL Network reported, creating significant amounts of salary cap space available for the Packers (approximately $21 million)

CBS Sports: Aaron Rodgers, Packers agree to four-year deal as QB becomes highest-paid player in NFL history.
https://www.cbssports.com/nfl/news/aaron-rodgers-packers-agree-to-four-year-deal-as-qb-becomes-highest-paid-player-in-nfl-history/

The thing is the NFL has really changed in the last 15 yrs.  All these rules helping offenses make it so if you are a great qb you have an outsized opportunity to win ringS.   If Marino had played with these rules he would have won a couple.   Elway would have won a couple more.  Boomer would have grabbed 1.  But with these rules I don't know that tge giants or D.C. get theirs. 

He has signed but in a shocking move, his fav reciver demanded a trade.. wow

CBS Sports: Davante Adams traded to Raiders: Packers dealing All-Pro receiver to Las Vegas for multiple draft picks.
https://www.cbssports.com/nfl/news/davante-adams-traded-to-raiders-packers-dealing-all-pro-receiver-to-las-vegas-for-multiple-draft-picks/

that will see multiple picks -- including Las Vegas' first-round selection in the 2022 NFL Draft -- go back to Green Bay, according to ESPN's Adam Schefter and confirmed by CBS Sports NFL insider Jason La Canfora. The Washington Post is reporting the Packers will receive Las Vegas' first-rounder (No. 22) and second-rounder (No. 53) in next month's NFL Draft

Along with landing with a new team, Adams -- who was previously hit with the franchise tag by the Packers -- receives a new contract with the Raiders that makes him the highest-paid receiver in the NFL. Specifically, Adams' new contract is worth $141.25 million over five years, giving him an average annual salary of $28.25 million

8 hours ago, papasmurfbell said:

Adams just said he would not play under the tag.  If the packers had extended him im sure he signs.  But the packers have screwed Rodgers again.  

I don't know if he signed the contract yet.  We are at about a half dozen guys who agreed and changed their minds about signing.  

Nope, the Packere offered the same money, reportedly, he turned them down.

Maybe Adams and Carr will have the same connection that Burrow and Chase had and blow up?

Remember when the Ravens signed Lamar's fav receiver and he was cut not long after?  I swear sometimes I think receivers come here to die. 😄

41 minutes ago, GrubberRaven said:

Maybe Adams and Carr will have the same connection that Burrow and Chase had and blow up?

Remember when the Ravens signed Lamar's fav receiver and he was cut not long after?  I swear sometimes I think receivers come here to die. 😄

It's  just uncanny how over the years this organization just can't have a solid passing attack no matter who the tandem is at the time. Ever since they had to let MJ and DA go, they haven't been able to find, develope wideouts.