ExtremeRavens: The Sanctuary

Here's where the Ravens are

vmax

Nice article by John Eisenberg. It gives and over view of how young this team is becomming over night.

He calls the Ravens Generation Next.

The purge amounted to a bugle call signaling the arrival of the Ravens’ Generation Next.

On offense, second-year tight end Ed Dickson, a 2010 third-round draft pick, is replacing Heap, and receiver Torrey Smith, the team’s second-round pick in 2011, has replaced Mason in the early days of camp. Right tackle Jah Reid, this year’s third-round pick, also is running with the starters in camp and seemingly could earn a starting spot if he holds up.

Defensively, Terrence Cody, a 2010 second-round pick, has officially been anointed as Gregg’s replacement, and cornerback Jimmy Smith, the team’s 2011 first-round pick, is expected to earn a starting spot at some point in this season.

That’s as many as five possible first-year and second-year starters -- Dickson, Cody, Reid, Smith and Smith – and wait, there’s more:

Sergio Kindle, last year’s top draft pick, is showing signs that he is recovered enough from a skull fracture to possibly have a role rushing the passer.

Dennis Pitta, a fourth-round pick in 2010, is going to back up Dickson at tight end and have a larger role.

Rookie receiver Tandon Doss, this year’s fourth-round pick, is turning heads with his route running and soft hands, and could earn playing time, as could second-year receiver David Reed, whom the coaches like.

Suddenly, there are young guys – basically the high end of the past two drafts -- poised to contribute all over the place.

http://www.csnbaltimore.com/pages/landing?blockID=545406&tagID=9870

PS.....

9 of the Steelers defensive players are over 30. They'll be good, but slower.

It's youth and speed vs age and experience.

Roll the dice.

Yeah, I think we had to take these steps to get younger. I don't know if we're a better team than last year's or if we'll go deep in the playoffs, but it is nice to see the younger, faster guys getting a shot and taking over.

I have a lot of concern about our offensive line depth, some concern about depth at RB too. But so far as the overall direction of the team is concerned I'm happy.

Doss is going to surprise a lot of people and people forgot how much the coaching staff loved David Reed last year. Don't forget James Hardy either, the guy has plenty of talent and could benefit a lot from this fresh start in Baltimore. We've got guys that have produced a lot in college and will do the same in the NFL. My only concern right now is at Right Tackle.

Doss is going to surprise a lot of people and people forgot how much the coaching staff loved David Reed last year. Don't forget James Hardy either, the guy has plenty of talent and could benefit a lot from this fresh start in Baltimore. We've got guys that have produced a lot in college and will do the same in the NFL. My only concern right now is at Right Tackle.

...and Center, and OL backups.