ExtremeRavens: The Sanctuary

Week 11 Ravens vs Panthers

vmax

Lamar had a 72% completion %. That's with 5 drops. 3 sacks.6.3 ypp. It was extremely windy. I saw 2 of his passes take off with the wind carrying them away.

On Mondays I look at the good and the bad. 7-3 great! 7 more games to put their "winning playoff formula" team together. We know that we have a very good defense now. We know Special Teams are the same. The offense ????? They couldn't even run yesterday and that's their bread and butter. 30 carries 115 yards for 3.8 ypc. that won't cut it in the playoffs. Now that will change with Gus and JK.

The completion % is flawed max. If not for Andrews digging one out of the dirt, it's another incomplete pass. If Lamar throws it chest high, Andrews runs for 20+ yards instead of s 6 yard gain.

Go back through the game thread, Andrews is not the only one who had to make a tough catch while being wide open, and not get any yak because of the off target throw.

The wind had very little to do with those passes, it only affects long, high passes down field.

He also made some bad choices on the read option plays that resulted in a loss of yards.

Yes, let us look at the good; the defense was great against a bad team. Best that they have played all season, a complete game.

Yes, Lamar completed 72%, but he left a lot of yards on the field against a bad team. In his defense, it was one of the worst game plans offensively from Roman, as I complained about all through this thread. Improper running plays, poor route combinations, etc

The question is why? To do the minimum to win, so as to not give out better schemes for teams to scout?

Because Lamar missed the most important day of practice? (with apparent good reason)

The one time they did run right type of running scheme resulted in Drake running for 20, setting up the only touchdown. Even then, Lamar looked very slow, again..

5 drops. plus the penalties = Drive Killers. It was windy as shit. I saw 2 passes sail over receiver's heads that were lifted up by the wind. I don't want to make this about Lamar's passing game. The offense looked like shit. Slow, poor execution, poor play calling ...even Ricard had a bad game.

Then Roman keeps calling running plays geared for the outside vs the fast Panther LB's! Run straight at them. Run them over!

Likely has to step up. Duverney has to step up. 

And Oweh???? Another week and we have no idea if he was on the field. 23 snaps. 

The elephant in the room is Stanley's ankle (hurt by Lamar) and Hamilton's knee (injured by Smith). Please...please....

The Ravens have the # 9 scoring offense in the NFL at 24.8 points per game. They have the 28th passing attack at 187.4 yards per game. The Chiefs #1, Dolphins #2, Bills#3, Bengals #4 and Chargers #6 in yards. In scoring the Bills are #1, Chiefs #2, Bengals #3, Dolphins #6. There is a very good chance that the Ravens will meet these teams in the playoffs. Great Ravens D will help. Special Teams will. help. Offense has to evolve over the next 7 games.

Edited by vmax

I hope Harbs is privately drilling into the team, "guys, we were gifted a mulligan today against a sorry team that we should have waxed".  Save us the "guys got to get better" stuff.     

Max et al, I get that its today's NFL - bad, windy weather, sick Lamar, any given Sunday, etc. - but if Harbaugh wants this team to get game and peak at the right time - they need to get it together now.  No more mulligans, laying eggs, etc. starting with Jax on Sunday.     

If this team wants to make a helluva run to the big dance, it starts now.  Every game is a playoff game, and the team., especially the O, needs to get it right.    

• Upvote 1

Drops, as I said earlier in this game thread as they happened, were not all drops; it is a very subjective term. Included in those five is the screen pass to Drake who had to stop, leap with one hand, just to get a few fingers on it. A proper pass is not only complete, but likely a touchdown as he had a convoy and very few defenders between he and the endzone.

One to Proche, again, off target, not a real drop as Lamar threw it behind him, perhaps expecting him to stop his route, we will never know.

One to Richard, thrown slightly too far, Richard, a fullback, on a wheel route, had to reach mid stride, that one is a maybe, maybe not drop.

One to Andrews, also on a wheel route, he did drop it, would have been a big gainer.

There are four of them from memory, only one, the last one a real drop.

You keep skipping over the passes that caused the receivers to stop a route, get tackled right away, have no yak because while they caught the pass, the pass was off target.

I expect the blinders from the Ravens reporters like Mink, can't complain when writing for their website. But not from you max, you are too smart buddy.

As for Oweh, he had some snaps, got an assist on a tackle. He is being fazed out it appears by other players doing their jobs properly.

Here is the snap count

https://www.baltimoreravens.com/news/ravens-snap-counts-grades-panthers-week-11

Bravo I say to McDonald, he is doing a great job changing up the schemes, adjusting in game from series to series. His 4th quarter schemes are masterful, and, he is using players to the best of their abilities, those who perform according to scheme play. Those who freelance or do not perform well sit down. Bout freaking time!