ExtremeRavens: The Sanctuary

On to Steelers ......

varaven45

Here we go .... lots of questions .....  Is Stanley playing, what JK, how about Marcus at safety?  We need these dudes! 

Tough game Sunday in the 'Burgh.  Steelers on the uptick, trending up. 

Cold, wet wx in the forecast.  May need to return to pounding the rock in a relatively low scoring game.      

See the source image

This is a must win game for both teams. The Ravens need to keep pace with the Bengals who are getting hot. The 5-7 Steelers are desperate to salvage their season, avoid a losing season and stay in the hunt. It's a division game. Both franchises hate each other. So what better way to kick off this Christmas season than in the spirit of Brotherly Hate. :fishin: 

See the source image

Team Stats

bal.png&h=100&w=100 pit.png&h=100&w=100
Points Per Game 23.8 17.8
Points Allowed Per Game 19.7 23.1
Total Yards 360.2 333.6
Yards Passing 202.4 216.6
Yards Rushing 157.8 117.0
Yards Allowed 350.3 374.4
Pass Yards Allowed 267.8 266.9
Rush Yards Allowed 82.5 107.5

You can throw the stats out for this one.

bal.png&h=100&w=100Baltimore Ravens
NAME, POS STATUS DATE
Kristian Welch, LB Questionable
Dec 4
Lamar Jackson, QB Questionable
Dec 5
Patrick Queen, LB Questionable
Dec 5
Del'Shawn Phillips, LB Questionable
Dec 6
Ronnie Stanley, OT Questionable
Dec 6

Let's see if the Ravens backup quarterback Tyler Huntley will outshine Pittsburgh's Kenny Pickett (4TD's and 7 INT's). Tomlin swears Picket is their QB of the future.

See the source image

Huntley started in the final game of last season which the Steelers won 16 to 13 and over time. He had a bad game. He was  16-of-31 for 141 yds, 2 INTs and a fumble. He rushed 12 times for 72 yds. But then again he had a bad offense of line . He had a defense that was manned by Uber drivers who Wink Martindale found in the deep recesses of the night.

The rushing attack was there. With some 'way past their prime' running backs, the Ravens ran over the Steelers averaging 6.9 yards per carry for 249 yards. the Steelers averaged 2.6 yards per carry and shouldn't do much better this week.

Meanwhile, the Steelers best offense of weapon George Pickens is wasting away.  He needs a QB who can find him.

What do you think?  e6368804319368953a7d7a6d7a9e2611.gif&ehk Another 10-9 game????

2022 SEASON STRE

2022 SEASON

See the source image

The rookie will throw 2 to the Ravens, will the Ravens catch them?

Huntley will make a big mistake, will the defense bail him out?

Will the line return to form, provide Huntley with a modicum of time?

Special teams may be the difference, will they be special?

A win puts the Steelers just about out of the play offs, 1 loss shy of having a losing season.

Huntley lost last year, time for Revenge?

Oh definitely time for revenge. :thumbup:

Steelers are favored. 

My biggest question concerns the OC and DC: Will they have a solid game plan? Will they be able to adapt during the game?

See the source image

· 
Ravens’ QB Lamar Jackson suffered a sprained PCL during Sunday’s win over the Denver Broncos, per league sources. PCL injuries often sideline players 1-to-3 weeks and Ravens’ HC John Harbaugh already has said Jackson is “less likely” to play Sunday vs. the Steelers.
Edited by vmax

Not worried about our defense. It's our offense that scares me because we don't have a single offensive player outside of Mark Andrews to scare them. The Steelers are playing fairly decent football right now though I think Tomlin is whistling in the dark about his current quarterback being his QB of the future

Not too worried about our defensive coordinator. He's still learning and improving.  But oh shit I have no confidence in Greg Roman.

Will Stanley play? Will Edwards shake off some rust (I hope that's all that's holding him back)? Will Marcus play?

This team has 53 players and right now has about 10 questions.

I think Pittsburgh will pull out a win in their home stadium.

Well, we'll see if Roman makes any real adjustments in this game. I think it's very unlikely.

One last comment...for about a decade there I complained that the Ravens lacked an entertaining offense. Then in Jackson's first 2 years here that all changed and football became fun again even though we didn't flourish in the playoffs.

Now the team's offense is boring again and has been for the last 2 years including this season.

Lamar may be burnt out and like I said in another post, he leads the league in hits taken in the last 5 years. 877 hits on your franchise QB. You can't have a career with numbers like that.

If that happens, then the team has the answer as to whether or not to pay Lamar.

I don't think Huntely is the long term answer, but I know that Lamar has left yards, points on the field by trying to be a pocket passer. I am curious to if Huntely can get more out of this offense, run when there is nothing there, get the ball out quickly

Almost the whole O line is missing... well Queen and Stanley are back.

Jamison Hensley on Twitter
“Ravens practice report (Wednesday)

Absent during media viewing:
QB Lamar Jackson
WR Devin Duvernay
CB Marcus Peters
OLB Justin Houston
G Kevin Zeitler
OT Morgan Moses
OL Trystan Colon
OL Patrick Mekari
DE Calais Campbell
CB D.Worley

Returned
OT Ronnie Stanley
LB Patrick Queen”

Jamison Hensley on Twitter
“There were five Ravens players absent from media viewing of Thursday’s practice

QB Lamar Jackson (knee)
G Kevin Zeitler (knee)
CB Marcus Peters (rest)
OL Trystan Colon (personal)
CB Daryl Worley (hamstring)

Also, RB J.K Dobbins and S Marcus Williams continue to practice.”

I think we'll see Williams. Not so sure on JK.

This is good....

They let go of Davis so it looks like JK and Gus will play Sunday with Drake sharing the load.

Stanley will be back too. :gorave:

This game is huge for the Ravens. Division game. On the Road and the lead for the Division is tied.

eff Zrebiec • 
 — Yesterday at 2:33 PM
Otherwise, CB Daryl Worley (hamstring) has been ruled out and QB Lamar Jackson (knee) is doubtful. Five Ravens are questionable: OL Kevin Zeitler (knee) and Patrick Mekari (toe) ILBs Patrick Queen (thigh) and Kristian Welch (concussion) and LB Del'Shawn Phillips (quad)
[2:37 PM]
Mekari, Queen, Welch and Phillips all practiced in full Friday, so that puts them in good position to play. Kevin Zeitler was limited. Zeitler has only missed one game over last eight seasons

The Ravens have some rust to knock off with Gus and JK and Huntley working together. 

Just keep blocking and hitting Watt's ribs. 

Williams makes the secondary so much stronger. They need a big day from Smith and Queen stopping the run. And Macdonald needs to make all the right calls. It's not a Must win game ... but it is. :fishin:

318607843_1326082964812469_6337282864132907212_n.png